The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with this TBH.

He was never meant to be a signing for the first XI. He was signed to improve our depth so that we wouldn't be stuck having to rely on Lingard or Pereira if Bruno got injured. The signing made a lot of sense at the time and it still does now.

I do admit though that I'm frustrated with his lack of game time so far as he has looked good in his brief appearances.
40 mil to bring in a depth player is shocking if that is the case then. I'd like to see him have more game time and play along with Bruno and Pogba as a CM his natural position.

So Pickford has had to hire bodyguards to protect his house and family due to heaps of death threats over the Van Dijk incident.
So many bloody low life's on this earth.
That is disgusting.

WTF is wrong with people.

Vieira vs Keane was almost as big as the Arsenal vs United rivalry. It was an amazing era. Hard to describe just what it meant to them if you’re not familiar with it or didn’t follow football during that time.

There was a great documentary/conversation between them a few years ago. On ITV I believe. Very good viewing.

Vieira vs Keane was almost as big as the Arsenal vs United rivalry. It was an amazing era. Hard to describe just what it meant to them if you’re not familiar with it or didn’t follow football during that time.

There was a great documentary/conversation between them a few years ago. On ITV I believe. Very good viewing.

Yep, I remember the one where they both relived some of the battles.

Loved the battle of OT, dont mind a bit of argy bargy as long as their is no dirty punches or sly elbows thrown in.

Remember turning on the TV just before the cameras were on Vieira and Keane in the tunnel. Unbelievable scenes. That Arsenal vs United rivalry at that time was one of the biggest in England for many years and in terms of sheer hatred for each other, no other two teams right now in England even comes close.

Yeah it's on YT - bloody brilliant.

Yep, I remember the one where they both relived some of the battles.

Loved the battle of OT, dont mind a bit of argy bargy as long as their is no dirty punches or sly elbows thrown in.

Keane's career will forever be remembered and tarnished for that gutless dog act he did on Alfe-Inge Halland.

Reckon that is a significant reason as well why his star lad rejected Man U's massive offer (even if Alfe is too much a gentleman and class act to say that publicly)

Keane's career will forever be remembered and tarnished for that gutless dog act he did on Alfe-Inge Halland.

Reckon that is a significant reason as well why his star lad rejected Man U's massive offer (even if Alfe is too much a gentleman and class act to say that publicly)

He admitted that it was pre meditated which makes it all the worse.

Maybe Leeds can sign his son down the track with the established relationship :D

No it won't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember turning on the TV just before the cameras were on Vieira and Keane in the tunnel. Unbelievable scenes. That Arsenal vs United rivalry at that time was one of the biggest in England for many years and in terms of sheer hatred for each other, no other two teams right now in England even comes close.

It was genuine hatred, yes. Keane spoke pretty honestly in that documentary I mentioned, it transcended just a rivalry for him and became something else. Almost incomparable to modern day football.

Just thought this was a very clever free kick set up by Wolfsburg on the weekend. The two Wolfsburg players lining up next to wall move and screen for the guy in the middle who receives the pass

So Pickford has had to hire bodyguards to protect his house and family due to heaps of death threats over the Van Dijk incident.
So many bloody low life's on this earth.
Clearly taking sean and his promise seriously

40 mil to bring in a depth player is shocking if that is the case then.

I think you're really underestimating how much of an impact "depth players" have over the course of a season TBH. I mean Pereira and Lingard each made around 40 appearances last season...VDB is a substantial upgrade on either of them.

You could do a whole thread on the idiocy of UK pundits. I'm struggling to think of a signing since the takeover that hasn't been written off as a bad one.

Yaya is a personal favourite I'll look for now.

Always found English footballers to be lacking a bit upstairs, more so than some other countries. I remember stories about Peter Beardsley and how he was so obsessed with football, teammates were amused how little he knew about anything else. How some earn an income commenting on games whilst being so poorly researched is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back