Which grand final were you most excited of as a neutral?

Remove this Banner Ad

Every grand final is magnificent because the players and umpires are perfect at what they do

2010 Collingwood vs St. Kilda Draw. Had there been extra time Saints were likely to win. Pies were seriously dead on their feet in that last quarter.

2012 Sydney vs Hawthorn. Both these teams being the next elite top 4 sides for a while.
Had we won it would have gone down as one of our best triumphs. Against the ropes than powered to the lead. As a neutral could easily see how this game rates as epic. It ended up the catalyst for our three-peat.

Didn't mind last week's game.

Hype was surrounding Gary Ablett jr in his last game and the potential of a Richmond dynasty.

And of course it was the first Grand Final to be held at night and the first not to be played in Melbourne as well as the first not at the MCG in 29 years.

Still argue we played our best footy in 2012 across those 5 years if you include 2011 as well yet didn't win the flag. We smacked some good sides that year with some exilirating footy.

Still argue we played our best footy in 2012 across those 5 years if you include 2011 as well yet didn't win the flag. We smacked some good sides that year with some exilirating footy.
It was just the curse of inaccuracy! For some unknown reason, some premiership favourites get the yips on grand final day.

(which reminds of a certain unspeakable event in 1998 that no North fan should mention!)

One side of the family is from Footscray. Great memories of grandfather walking me around there as a little fella.

So Grand Final day 2016, I screamed my head off and offically lost my mind in the last quarter. Awesome day.

Other good ones to watch were:

- 2003 - Watched it in a pub in Fitzroy with a mate. Fabulous to see diehard Roys fans coming in.
- 2017 - To see Richmond supporters rear up on their hind legs.
- 2018 - Tight contest. Dom Sheed the greatest ever pressure kick in a Grand final. Three key players out and they still won.
Watched the game with a friend who casually mentioned that she was Ted Whitten's neice. There's a bit of bulldog royalty..... not a phrase oft mentioned in correlation with the Dogs.

In terms of the build up I was most pumped for 2016, my ex is a Swede who adopted the Bulldogs the year previous when she moved to Australia so I had that connection, plus of course all the other fairy tale stuff.

In terms of the actual match my top 3 would be:

1- 2012
2- 2016
3- 2002

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of the build up I was most pumped for 2016, my ex is a Swede who adopted the Bulldogs the year previous when she moved to Australia so I had that connection, plus of course all the other fairy tale stuff.

In terms of the actual match my top 3 would be:

1- 2012
2- 2016
3- 2002
All 3 of those GF you mentioned were good.

1978, 1996 & 2001 grand finals I looked forward to as a neutral and all of them were good games.
96 last quarter probably result known earlier than ideal but still was not a total flop.
Most grand finals there either one teams I not like much of I think the match will be lopsided but this match up looks interesting and both teams were in hot form so it makes it easy to look forward to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back