Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I said “they wouldn’t have told him IF”
It’s fine man, I’m happy not to share information anymore If it makes you this upset. It’s all info I’m given, I’m not an attention seeker, if I was I would have made a lot more posts than 2k in 12 years 😂

Your lack of contribution is a weakness, not a strength.

It's a common trait with the supercoach junkie element and trade gossip mongers.

Let's just assume that most good players get inquiries from other clubs as trades, do you actually think this is newsworthy?

As for your "club considering Tarrant trade", it's a straight up lie, whether it originates from you or whoever fills you up.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think we could pay Polec’s 2021 $$ 100% and then they can cop the rest of it for the remainder of the deal, it was heavily front loaded anyway.
Brown and Polec and Pick 57 to Dees
Pick 23 and 2021 1st to Roos

As mentioned before Polec salary shouldn't be an issue anymore... shouldn't be more than 400-500 if we were as posted up at 104%

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It is easier to just ignore him rather than debate it or leave. Rumours are rumours, some are accurate, some are not. Given all the sh*t that has gone down this year, almost anything can happen.

Adelaide have offered pick 1 for Luke McDonald & Ben Cunnington.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It is easier to just ignore him rather than debate it or leave. Rumours are rumours, some are accurate, some are not. Given all the sh*t that has gone down this year, almost anything can happen.

The Bulldogs are seeking to trade Josh Bruce for Todd Goldstein.

North are considering it.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To be honest I don’t think we do it. Value wise it’s actually a pretty good deal for someone his age, but losing so many senior players especially when they’re great leaders isn’t a good move.

I'm abit torn... it would have to be a 10-15 pick as that will be pushed back... but they we would go for dgb and still have bmac walker and corr... then would also have 9 and 10-15 to pick up some more young quality bandied around that value... also would like to see either the 9 or other moves to top 5

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Fremantle are seeking to trade Brett Bewley for the 1996 premiership cup.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Thoughts?

Yeah when you look at the cold hard facts - trading taz (who has 2-3 yrs left) for a first rounder and getting an elite kpd who will play for 12+ years is good business.
But some guys are bigger parts of the club and trading them can take a long time to recover from.

I am not advocating for the trade, but I can see the logic in it. I love Taz, but similar to Higgins, they have moved out of their position for the greater good of the team. He is now picking up the second tall or resting ruckman and he has been a bit hit or miss in that role. I don't want to see their twilight years be to go out as mediocre footballers any more than I want them to be traded out.

Last edited:

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
McKay already takes the full forwards and does a great job, we are bringing Corr in, also have Walker who is competitive. I wouldn't mind us getting in DGB at pick 2 and getting the extra first round pick.

Just echoed this without reading yours so yes not a stupid move... just what not factored in is the leadership loss

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I am not advocating for the trade, but I can see the logic in it. I love Taz, but similar to Higgins, they have moved out of their position for the greater good of the team. He is now picking up the second tall or resting ruckman and he has been a bit hit or miss in that role. I don't want to see their twilight years been to go out as mediocre footballers any more than I want them to be traded out.

You think about football like an accountant.

Thoughts?

it probably wont happen even if true.
I'd hate to see him go.
I think with with McKay, Corr and Walker we shouldn't have major problems defensively.

I can see the logic of it, especially if we are eyeing taking GDB at pick 2. I hate that our club has been mismanaged over the years that it has come down to this.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jeff Kennett;

" l'd hate to see Issac or Jack go, they are part of the fabric of our club......."

images.jpeg-18.jpg
images.jpeg-17.jpg images.jpeg-14.jpg images.jpeg-11.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
it probably wont happen even if true.
I'd hate to see him go.
I think with with McKay, Corr and Walker we shouldn't have major problems defensively.

I can see the logic of it, especially if we are eyeing taking GDB at pick 2. I hate that our club has been mismanaged over the years that it has come down to this.

This is 100% in your own head.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My issue with Constable... where does he play? We don't even have a spot for Dom Tyson other than a potential pine spot, not sure we should be trading for a pine player.

We missed not having a backup for cunners last year so hoping that's his spot.... Tyson needs to get fit before we worry about fitting him in .... all about depth....

You think about football like an accountant.

List management is about making the list better, you need to be able to take the emotion out of decisions. I can't because I am a one-eyed supporter, but hopefully, those in charge are making decisions based on logic and not because they are fans of the players and the club.

We missed not having a backup for cunners last year so hoping that's his spot.... Tyson needs to get fit before we worry about fitting him in .... all about depth....

Our midfield of Cunnington, Tyson and Constable will be so slow that time might even go backwards.

Yeah, we have been in rebuild since 2017. This is news to you?

Rebuilding teams trade for players like Polec, Pittard, Hall and Walker?

And you have a crack at other posters for contradicting themselves. :stern look

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Rebuilding teams trade for players like Polec, Pittard, Hall and Walker?

Four players that cost NOTHING!

NOTHING!

Three of them have been top 10 B&F finishes!!!!!

Would you rather we played 12 year olds instead so you could then whinge about finishing 18th, 18th, 18th and 18th?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Didn’t Polec cost pick 10? We could have traded ahead of TT pick like others have. I wouldn’t say pick 10 and a big chunk of money is nothing

Your assumption has no relationship with reality.

North considered the pick torched and traded it for a player in the view that it was going to get us nothing.

Polec & Pittard cost us nothing. Walker & Hall were for laughable picks that already make those trades wins. Whinging about this is for myopic's who cannot rationalise their views when challenged.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Bulldogs are seeking to trade Josh Bruce for Todd Goldstein.

I saw that game where josh kicked a bag against us. He looks the goods. I’d like to see a third come back though as Todd is a pretty good player although if the above deal was weighed up, pound for pound we’d come out a few kilos in front even without the steak knife.

I reckon we’d need a hamburger or pizza chain sponsorship to sustain Josh though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back