News Carlton to field standalone Reserves Side in 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Luke Power will be coach things need to be refreshed the 2nds coaching needs restructuring it had stagnate. Fraser can look after the Ruckmen?

Hopefully Luke Power will be coach things need to be refreshed the 2nds coaching needs restructuring it had stagnate. Fraser can look after the Ruckmen?
Fraser is gone

This is one of the most crucial aspects of sustained success
Totally. This is the last key piece of the puzzle to fall. Should have been done years ago. Will be able to get a good consistent look at all the kids and have an informed view to take to the table re who is going to make it and who maybe not come end of 2021. Just need a good coach to take the reins.

Finally we get a chance to see how much Preston was mismanaging their side of things (if at all).

FWIW, I think this will be an improvement for both development and on-field results at both levels, and perhaps will finally lead to a more synergised use of resources with the AFLW and VFLW teams too.

Will they be playing home games at Princes Park? If so, i wonder if we can get the Preston Market donut van there for home games.
Half a dozen of those delicious, jam filled doughy balls of goodness was a highlight of my trips to Cramer st.

I am still struggling to understand why we have implemented a 22 team season with travelling interstate when we are struggling with costs. Makes no sense for next year.

I assume there will be conferences or perhaps divisions, otherwise makes no sense.

I assume there will be conferences or perhaps divisions, otherwise makes no sense.
The Aflpa and AFL have been in conversation about an extended season next year, greater than 23 rounds. in an effort to try and stabilize the leagues finances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fraser will be coaching the Bullants.

Good to see that the AFL Is going to allow the Bullants to survive after this bullshit year. Although, having them and the Carlton reserves in the same competition is going to cause me a few drama’s when they play each other.

I am interested in where / how we get an additional 6-8 players to cover for injuries, etc.

Team looks something like:

Newman. Macreadie. Cottrell.
Kemp. Marchbank. Polson.
O’Brien. Stocker. Newnes.
JSOS. Phillips. Owies.
Honey. Philp. 1.
R. Pitto. Kennedy. Dow.
I. Ramsay. Moore. 2. 3.

List sizes to be determined and a couple of draftees after Gibbons, but a handful of injuries and we’ll need unlisted / top up players.

About bloody time, having had a crippling club it’s been so painful not fielding our own stand alone team which has been horrendous particularly for our player development and game plan cohesion... The club still has some things to build on and achieve but has made some enormous strides on the back of 5 years exceptional work by everyone, friggin awesome... Be a little like the old days going down and watching the reserves games on our home turf again, 10 games maybe, happy days...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back