List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
over

We'd have to be offering Hurley two years go get him across. We'd be better offering Carlisle two, even with his back, than Hurley.
If he wants to leave there's nothing we can do

JW will be for pick whatever the highest bombers have, we will be giving his contract to Higgins, we need his $$ off the books.
Dunstan is off to the Blues...
We are heavily into Hurley as Carlisle replacement and Lones is out the door also but I think we are all thought that was the case anyway...
Adelaide won’t match Crouch, compo pick will then upgraded to our 15 as part of a trade

Can you please clarify the last sentence.

Are you suggesting Adelaide’s compo pick will be the pick before our first round pick?

If there was a young Glen Jakovich on the market you might look at bringing him in for Jake but there is no point moving him on for a Hurley or Tom McDonald.

Jake is still one of the best CHBs in the AFL when he's fit and firing, he was one of our best players against the Dogs in our elimination final.

If we were rebuilding you'd consider trading Jake for picks but we're pushing for Top 4 next year and having a crack at a flag, we need Jake to be a part of it.
I can see our hesitation for giving him a 3 year deal which is apparently what some other clubs have offered him. His back doesnt sound great.

But we need him, or someone as good as him, if we want to improve next year. The backline functioned better with 2 true talls and Wilkie, plus him and Howard worked so well together. Fingers crossed we find someone good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Using 20 is still classed as a first rounder, so we then tick off two firsts used in the last four drafts in case we go after bing, who, would cost two first round picks and we would trade that years first and the future one and prob a sink from the kitchen and bathroom

We should keep targeting Richmond fringe players, I'd do Seb Ross to Jack Ross in a heartbeat but I don't think Richmond are that stupid, Jack Ross will be a gun.

It's a far cry from the Ross Lyon days when we traded in Richmond spuds like Dean Polo, Aaron Fiora and Adam Pattinson, they were still spuds at our club.

This was the only highlight of Fiora's career at St Kilda.

Yes it has been checked and that pick will count as using a first round

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I get the distinct impression our new friend deewhy is MSU (making s**t up)

End of 1st counts as a first.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The AFL confirmed last week (before his compo was announced) that if the bombers were to receive and end of first round pick for daniher, that compo pick would NOT count towards their need to use a first this year.

"
Daniher deal won't help Dons' Caldwell snag
An end-of-first round compensation pick for free agent Joe Daniher would not count as one of the two first-round picks Essendon must use over a rolling four-year period at the NAB AFL Draft.
The AFL sent a memo to clubs on Monday reiterating rules on trading future picks, with the Bombers and Hawks the only clubs ineligible to offload their first picks although they can apply for an exception.
INDICATIVE DRAFT ORDER Your club's picks as they stand
The rule exists to stop clubs from trading themselves into long-term list pain by continually moving out top picks.
It means the Bombers, who will be one of the busiest clubs in the trade period, will not be allowed to trade their first pick (No.6 overall) this year or next year's future pick until they get another one in, likely meaning that a deal for Giant Jye Caldwell will have to wait. They are also pursuing contracted Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley."

Last edited:
Michael Hurley?

Trade targets sounding a little underwhelming this year in comparison...

Having said that I had trepidation about losing Bruce, had no idea who Doogs was, thought Paddy was past it and didn’t know all that much about Butler, so I guess I’ll keep the faith - but Hurley, seriously??

Deewhy jumping in as a serious ITK atm

*cough*

I get the distinct impression our new friend deewhy is MSU (making sh*t up)

The AFL confirmed last week (before his compo was announced) that if the bombers were to receive and end of first round pick for daniher, that compo pick would NOT count towards their need to use a first this year.

"
Daniher deal won't help Dons' Caldwell snag
An end-of-first round compensation pick for free agent Joe Daniher would not count as one of the two first-round picks Essendon must use over a rolling four-year period at the NAB AFL Draft.
The AFL sent a memo to clubs on Monday reiterating rules on trading future picks, with the Bombers and Hawks the only clubs ineligible to offload their first picks although they can apply for an exception.
INDICATIVE DRAFT ORDER Your club's picks as they stand
The rule exists to stop clubs from trading themselves into long-term list pain by continually moving out top picks.
It means the Bombers, who will be one of the busiest clubs in the trade period, will not be allowed to trade their first pick (No.6 overall) this year or next year's future pick until they get another one in, likely meaning that a deal for Giant Jye Caldwell will have to wait. They are also pursuing contracted Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back