Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Adelaide won’t match Crouch, compo pick will then upgraded to our 15 as part of a trade
If this happens and we use the end of 1st round compo pick does that count as using a first rounder in terms of the must use one every 4 years afl restrictions?

NEVER MIND: been answered several times already. Just caught up.

Last edited:

giphy - 2020-10-23T205548.602.gif

Michael Hurley?

Sometimes players just need a fresh start at a new club. Look at Ryder this year. I thought Ryder looked cooked at PA but he was a revelation for us this year. I'm not against getting Hurley if we can't keep Carlisle. IMO worth a go if the price is right.

We should keep targeting Richmond fringe players, I'd do Seb Ross to Jack Ross in a heartbeat but I don't think Richmond are that stupid, Jack Ross will be a gun.

It's a far cry from the Ross Lyon days when we traded in Richmond spuds like Dean Polo, Aaron Fiora and Adam Pattinson, they were still spuds at our club.

This was the only highlight of Fiora's career at St Kilda.

If you could get Short instead. Ross for Richmond is below average, he's their Sinclair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
What legitimate source is there to suggest Carlisle is going to Hawthorn?

They have Frost, are just about to get Hartigan, used McEvoy back last year. What exactly would Carlisle bring?
More than all those 3 put together

Armoooo

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
st deewhy any other players we're interested in? Luke Parker, Tom Philips, Witherden?

st deewhy

Debutant
Oct 6, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
st deewhy any other players we're interested in? Luke Parker, Tom Philips, Witherden?

No idea

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
What legitimate source is there to suggest Carlisle is going to Hawthorn?

They have Frost, are just about to get Hartigan, used McEvoy back last year. What exactly would Carlisle bring?
Nothing says rebuild like bringing in two 29 year old key backs.

That mob is in denial about how far away their list is with moves like this.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Carlisle is severely underrated by most
He is must keep for me
There has to be more to it for only offering him 1 year

I get the distinct impression our new friend deewhy is MSU (making sh*t up)

The AFL confirmed last week (before his compo was announced) that if the bombers were to receive and end of first round pick for daniher, that compo pick would NOT count towards their need to use a first this year.

"
Daniher deal won't help Dons' Caldwell snag
An end-of-first round compensation pick for free agent Joe Daniher would not count as one of the two first-round picks Essendon must use over a rolling four-year period at the NAB AFL Draft.
The AFL sent a memo to clubs on Monday reiterating rules on trading future picks, with the Bombers and Hawks the only clubs ineligible to offload their first picks although they can apply for an exception.
INDICATIVE DRAFT ORDER Your club's picks as they stand
The rule exists to stop clubs from trading themselves into long-term list pain by continually moving out top picks.
It means the Bombers, who will be one of the busiest clubs in the trade period, will not be allowed to trade their first pick (No.6 overall) this year or next year's future pick until they get another one in, likely meaning that a deal for Giant Jye Caldwell will have to wait. They are also pursuing contracted Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley."

I'll never understand the obsession with trying to discredit everyone who comes on here saying they know something. It's as if we would prefer to be absolutely clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back