Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

• Peta Credlin

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Peter Costello

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Matthew Guy

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Tim Smith

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Jeff Kennett

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Inanimate Carbon Rod

Votes: 28 42.4%

• Total voters
I want to congratulate Jascave for "jascaving it up" and creating a next leader poll with five options, only two of which are in the parliament.

And all of which are s**t.

Juddism

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont Football Club
Bring back Jeff. He is the reason we closed the gap on Sydney even with them hosting the olympics. You only need to look at the things kickstarted by the great man.

Still paying $8 to drive 1km on a road we paid to build...if kick-starting means an increase in population as we go then we're ****ed. This city / state is already at capacity and unable to cope.

doyley

Debutant
Oct 24, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
I want to congratulate Jascave for "jascaving it up" and creating a next leader poll with five options, only two of which are in the parliament.
This post might seem you are making jascave look like a fool but this has happened before. Newman was not an map when he became opposition leader in Queensland.

He's the Tony Abbott of state politics....fortunately for us he'll never make it to premier.

Better comparison is Alexander Downer. ideologically pure enough for the party but couldn’t lead starving wolves to fresh meat.

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Still paying $8 to drive 1km on a road we paid to build...if kick-starting means an increase in population as we go then we're f’ed. This city / state is already at capacity and unable to cope.
He is the one who decimated services in Victoria by privatising all he could get his greasy mitts on. One of the greatest myths perpetrated on us is that private enterprise does it better. As we now know that is utter bullshit.

doyley

Debutant
Oct 24, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
He is the one who decimated services in Victoria by privatising all he could get his greasy mitts on. One of the greatest myths perpetrated on us is that private enterprise does it better. As we now know that is utter bullshit.
The reason really that services seemed to get decimated in Victoria from what I remember as a kid was due to John cain and then Kirner dumping s**t on Victoria with issues like the pyramid problem and the vedc management.

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
She is nasty,entitled.
In fairness, we do owe Credlin a degree of gratitude. After all, she was Tone’s principal political advisor and confidante who oversaw Tone losing the party leadership and his blue-ribbon seat and leaving politics with his tail between his legs. While that takes a high level of incompetence we should nonetheless be grateful to her for her key role in it.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
In fairness, we do owe Credlin a degree of gratitude. After all, she was Tone’s principal political advisor and confidante who oversaw Tone losing the party leadership and his blue-ribbon seat and leaving politics with his tail between his legs. While that takes a high level of incompetence we should nonetheless be grateful to her for her key role in it.

Another sock puppet ALP account?

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
On a serious note, if I were in the Victorian Libs and looking to choose a leader, I'd probably go for Roma Britnell. Unlike many Liberals I've seen, she has a vision for the future and potential growth industries, instead of being focused on returning to the past. Also, she seems to actually care about her community and has real-world experience outside politics, having run a dairy farm and worked as a nurse in Aboriginal communities.

Importantly, she isn't an upper-class twit or best mates with mobsters, and is clearly not an IPA hack since she wants to actually do something tangible for ordinary people, by building social housing and repairing regional roads. I'm sure she has many views I don't agree with, but she's the sort of figure I can respect, unlike the last few wastes of oxygen that the Liberal Party has elevated to leadership.

David Morris seems competent enough also, although he's a bit old.

Navyblues09

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2009
Templestowe
AFL Club
Carlton
Still paying $8 to drive 1km on a road we paid to build...if kick-starting means an increase in population as we go then we're f’ed. This city / state is already at capacity and unable to cope.

Is that the one Dan just increased the contract on to pay for a road most people will never use? Typical Labor, made other people pay for their s**t

But at least he didn’t do a Bracks, go to the election promising a freeway and as soon as he won, announced a toll road instead...

Back