Moved Thread Dennis Pagan just trained the Victoria Derby winner!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Congratulations on being an animal abuser pagan.

Well were he an animal abuser, he’d be facing charges under the act, and be fined up to $75k and/or thrown in the clink for two years.

When in fact I’d guess he’s probably relaxing over dinner and a red right now, after making $1.2 million today.

So no, safe to say he’s not an animal abuser. Though if you have concerns, feel free to call the RSPCA or the cops. I’m sure they’ll take you seriously.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Well were he an animal abuser, he’d be facing charges under the act, and be fined up to $75k and/or thrown in the clink for two years.

When in fact I’d guess he’s probably relaxing over dinner and a red right now, after making $1.2 million today.

So no, safe to say he’s not an animal abuser. Though if you have concerns, feel free to call the RSPCA or the cops. I’m sure they’ll take you seriously.
Just because it's state sanctioned doesn't make it not animal abuse.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I prefer jumps races, I like it when the horses die and Jockeys get hurt.

Trainers shocking,whipping and scaring horses isn't exciting enough for an addict gambler like myself.

I do enjoy using the 95% of horses that fail on my lawn as blood & bone, great results! And the Lasagne's they were putting the European ones in a few years back were delicious too!

Seriously, no need to contemplate the existence of Heaven & Hell. Many animals live the latter daily. What is wrong with our species:sick:

Pagan has been shocking and whipping his horses!!

It’s amazing what you miss in the mainstream media, but BigFooty has the scoop.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Nawwwwww did I I offend some diddums by insulting their 'sport'? Spare the the outrage, you ALL know that this so called 'sport' (hint: it's not) exists off the back of some extreme animal cruelty to even the good horses, and exists only for the sake of gambling. You just don't care because gambling is that important to you. I feel sorry for anyone who's life is so vacant that they find entertainment in an 'event' so shallow that if you couldn't put any money in it, you wouldn't care.

The most I can say for horse racing is that at least it's not as bad as the Greyhound racing, which borders on cockfighting for levels of animal cruelty. But that's like saying at least the USSR is better than the Nazis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Glenelg, Redbacks, Lakers
Nawwwwww did I I offend some diddums by insulting their 'sport'? Spare the the outrage, you ALL know that this so called 'sport' (hint: it's not) exists off the back of some extreme animal cruelty to even the good horses, and exists only for the sake of gambling. You just don't care because gambling is that important to you. I feel sorry for anyone who's life is so vacant that they find entertainment in an 'event' so shallow that if you couldn't put any money in it, you wouldn't care.

The most I can say for horse racing is that at least it's not as bad as the Greyhound racing, which borders on cockfighting for levels of animal cruelty. But that's like saying at least the USSR is better than the Nazis.

Oh yeah it’s a sport. It’s the greatest sport around. As Denis said yesterday “this is 10 times greater than a premiership” and boy is he right. Having owned a successful horse there is nothing greater. This sport allows you more than any other. The closest you can get in AFL is to be a member but in racing you get involved and you are part of it. In there pre race talking tactics. What other sport can you do that?
By the way, unless you are 100% vegan and avoid anything meat related then you are a huge hypocrite and deserve to be ridiculed. Oh hang on,even if you are vegan you’d be ridiculed.
Also, I have no interest in greyhound racing.

Veer Right

Premium Platinum
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
1604193223642.png

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I know absolutely nothing about horse racing, nor do I care anything about it

But how much of this 'win' for Pagan is down to the cattle that is at his disposal - If your horse is a gifted runner, how much difference does 'training' make?

Like what was that horse than was a gazillion races in a row? Black Caviar? Was that down to the trainer or the ability of the horse?

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon

It’s not about “offending some diddums”, whatever that means, it’s just that you sound like a typical nuffy who sounds off about something he knows nothing about.

What a stupid statement. I guess when you reply to a bunch of rubbish about Richmond it’s because you’re offended? It’s a discussion board, Einstein.

Saying it exists “off animal cruelty” is like saying the teaching profession exists “off paedophilia” due to the actions of some criminals.

As for the gambling side of it, sport in Australia is fast catching racing in terms of betting turnover, and will sail past it in a few years. And the AFL and other leagues profit from it in the identical fashion that horse racing authorities do. So you better start rethinking your support of this sport, too.

Some people - I know plenty of them - spend hours upon hours every week analysing form and studying racing to bet a few dollars. Think it’s all about gambling for them? Of course it’s not, they enjoy the spectacle and mental challenge. It’s obviously beyond you - again, you’re just sounding off about something you know nothing about.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I know absolutely nothing about horse racing, nor do I care anything about it

But how much of this 'win' for Pagan is down to the cattle that is at his disposal - If your horse is a gifted runner, how much difference does 'training' make?

Like what was that horse than was a gazillion races in a row? Black Caviar? Was that down to the trainer or the ability of the horse?

Training definitely makes a difference. Horses have a base level of talent but getting them fit, ensuring that fitness peaks on the big day (they have to be trained to the minute for top performance) and figuring out any problems they might have isn’t easy - they can’t talk to you.

Black Caviar was simply a freak of nature. JGA isn’t that. Pagan has had help, but it’s a huge achievement.

Sep 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Glenelg, Redbacks, Lakers
It’s not about “offending some diddums”, whatever that means, it’s just that you sound like a typical nuffy who sounds off about something he knows nothing about.

What a stupid statement. I guess when you reply to a bunch of rubbish about Richmond it’s because you’re offended? It’s a discussion board, Einstein.

Saying it exists “off animal cruelty” is like saying the teaching profession exists “off paedophilia” due to the actions of some criminals.

As for the gambling side of it, sport in Australia is fast catching racing in terms of betting turnover, and will sail past it in a few years. And the AFL and other leagues profit from it in the identical fashion that horse racing authorities do. So you better start rethinking your support of this sport, too.

Some people - I know plenty of them - spend hours upon hours every week analysing form and studying racing to bet a few dollars. Think it’s all about gambling for them? Of course it’s not, they enjoy the spectacle and mental challenge. It’s obviously beyond you - again, you’re just sounding off about something you know nothing about.

Very well said.

deskc

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Heard today that a bloke back in late 1890's captain coached geelong to 2 flags and trained 3 derby winners and a Melbourne cup winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back