FTA-TV The Block 2020

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Can someone summarise what went wrong with Luke’s stairs? I wasn’t paying attention but he looked pissed off

Wanted carpet on the landing but the balustrade needs about a foot of timber to sit properly (cant sit on carpet).

Pretty easy fix in my books - put the balustrade on and then carpet around the footings.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Sad stuff from a few hours ago.
She was/is a massive bitch

Cops aparently got to him in time.

20201026_211348.jpg

KAYNE

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2007
Big White
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Rig it all you want Channel 9. Give Jimmy and Tam the win every weekend for their distaster of a home. Still think Luke and Jasmin will come out on top.
Yeah my wife and I can never work out how they keep winning everything. Not sure if it is actually rigged as they are quite possibly the most boring people on a reality show ever. Luke and Jasmin seem to be portrayed as the bad couple this year, which she suits as she is quite bitchy but Luke seems like a funny guy.

The obsession with trying to get everyone to cry and make out how hard it is because it's 'hell' week. They really don't do a great deal during the week.

Also interesting with next years I believe the houses will not all be side by side (due to one resident refusing to sell)

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah my wife and I can never work out how they keep winning everything. Not sure if it is actually rigged as they are quite possibly the most boring people on a reality show ever. Luke and Jasmin seem to be portrayed as the bad couple this year, which she suits as she is quite bitchy but Luke seems like a funny guy.

The obsession with trying to get everyone to cry and make out how hard it is because it's 'hell' week. They really don't do a great deal during the week.

Also interesting with next years I believe the houses will not all be side by side (due to one resident refusing to sell)

Has to be rigged. Those high scores by most contestants every week is BS and has there been a week where one team has blitzed all the others? No. The producers have kept it close to create drama.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
The couple sooking it up becuase some campaigners called the dude lazy.
Sorry I don't see him busting he's Arse.
Couldn't work hard in a iron lung.

Its like people at work, who say they are always busy. Their is difference between busy and productive, i can be busy watching TV.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Luke & Jasmin should've won hallway week, but the gnome was played so tough s**t. If they had the gnome they would've played it. That's the competition.

Wow, I was just reading that thing from Darren Jolly up there, his missus is not someone you'd want to mess with. She has a cruel/sadistic streak, and it always came out on the TV, IMO.

It may be selective editing that showed George just constantly standing around and doing nothing, then again it might be true he is lazy. I do think contestants get so overwhelmed sometimes they end up procrastinating a lot and seem to do nothing. Harry is like that this season, Luke from H2 last year was like that too.

I think George's problem might be he just doesn't know what he can do to help, so his workers should tell him, give him jobs to do. No reason why he can't be a laborer this week. But he's never done anything like this before and needs someone to tell him. When he does have a clear direction, he does work hard.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
George is a plumber isn't he? He might not know what else to do when plumbing or crossover skills aren't involved.

I know there's been other plumbers before and Jim too who get stuck in to everything but maybe not everyone can.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
George is an electrician

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Jimmy and tams garden was garbage. Enjoy winning now because they won’t win auction day

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
I laughed at Harry complaining he needed an extra day when they did absolutely nothing on Monday, while the other houses had ppl there (even though it was a public holiday on the show) getting their sites ready, digging footings, and cleaning up. Harry and Tash did nothing, they didn't even clean their yard of the building materials and rubbish. So they have no one to blame but themselves. If they had paired back their landscape design, used more turf and fewer plants, they probably would've saved $10G. Shaynna was spot on about that yard, too busy.

I liked George & Sarah's the best, the simplicity of their landscaping actually made the most of their facade.

I didn't mind Jimmy and Tam's palm springs design, it was different.

The other houses were all pretty good. The high scores say that.

The dancing bit introducing the judges tonight was a bit cringeworthy.

Back