Votes: 5 0.4%
  • Sydney Swans

Votes: 17 1.5%
  • West Coast Eagles

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters
If you're after a midfielder with the lot, next year would be a good year to finish bottom.

We'll get right on that!

(and it looks like 4 people already think we're a chance!)

dannyo91

Darryl
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
One of North or Adelaide for mine. Gold Coast a chance too, having been accustomed to playing this season mostly in QLD it could be a shock to the system having to play interstate again in a season where AFL should be mostly unimpeded.
Zero chance Gold Coast finish last
If Rowell comes back even 90% of what he was this season then they’ll be nowhere near the bottom. Kid will literally carry them to wins

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
It would be nice to see Essendon bottom out and hopefully find reason to address core issues in drafting, coaching, and list management. Our list isn't wooden spoon level though.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Nah, even before they won games, they were competitive in some games, even against some of the top teams (at least in patches). I remember in early parts of some games they were competitive before dropping off massively, and that's due to the lack of confidence. I think their midfield of Matt Crouch, Sloane, Laird, Keays etc should at least keep them competitve, unlike teams like Essendon and Hawthorn who have little to no midfield depth and can't win a contested possession to save themselves. Add in a couple of high draft picks in the middle and they're looking pretty good I reckon. The key position players like Fogarty, Himmelberg and McAsey will take time, but their midfielders, small forwards, wingers/half-backs look good tbh.
They felt a bit like Richmond in 2010, hopeless early but showed some effort and once they started understanding the coach’s plan they were much more competitive. In a normal length season they wouldn’t have won the spoon.
They’ll still be pretty s**t in 2021 but they’ll pinch some wins off good teams, mostly beat the spoon contenders. I doubt they’ll win the spoon and I wouldn’t be surprised if they lifted themselves out of the bottom 4.

May 13, 2007
<---------
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seahawks, Huskies, Newcastle Utd.
I see the Crows still, a lot of people seem to be a little mesmerised by their last month, but they will be weaker next year than this year, on paper at least......They literally struggle to have one player who could be classed as A grade, at least the Roos will still have players like Cunnington & Goldy.
I considered the Crows but thought that they might be a little more settled next season.

I also took into consideration that they might play more games at their ground but agree they have an ordinary list.

The other two might struggle more due solely to their off-field issues.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Essendon I can't think of a single positive atm,

I mean:
  • We've lost one player from our top-10 in the Best & Fairest, with the oldest player in that Top-10 being Shiel at 27.
  • We got smashed with injuries.
  • 2 of the 3 players departing barely played this year, so aren't a particularly big loss in on-field performance.
  • We've got a 22 year old who won the B&F and got an AA nomination in the first full season he's played.

I'm not sure we're going to be any worse than we were this year, which was good enough not to win the wooden spoon.

fake tyrone

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Warrington Wolves, ACF Fiorentina
North is easily the favourite for mine due to not having a coach and letting go of a large number of experienced players. Looks like they are bottoming out with a full rebuild in mind.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other than Gold Coast, 13th-18th this year looks like they'll be fighting it out for ineptitude next year.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I mean:
  • We've lost one player from our top-10 in the Best & Fairest, with the oldest player in that Top-10 being Shiel at 27.
  • 2 of the 3 players departing barely played this year, so aren't a particularly big loss in on-field performance.
  • We've got a 22 year old who won the B&F and got an AA nomination in the first full season he's played.

I'm not sure we're going to be any worse than we were this year, which was good enough not to win the wooden spoon.
The interesting thing about people's perception of Essendon (both Essendon and opposition supporters) is that people make extreme predictions of where they'll finish every single year. Essendon are actually the easiest team to predict, but people's expectations (both overrating and underrating) means that we can contend or win the spoon in the same year.

If we get Dunkley, Wright and Caldwell, I'd expect us to finish 7-12 like we always do especially with an easier fixture. If we don't, then probably bottom 4, but I still say North is worse than us.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
I mean:

Coach - rubbish
Mass player exodus
Players aren't happy
Many better players are getting on

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Right, so suffice to say you're going to ignore everything I said, and make up your own version of events to validate your theory.
And so are you... ignoring everything that could and will just as likely go wrong.

The Coach isn't fit for the job
The players don't wanna be there

What more do you need?

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
And so are you... ignoring everything that could and will just as likely go wrong.

The Coach isn't fit for the job
The players don't wanna be there

What more do you need?

So 3 players requested trades, of which, two were already wanting out last year.

3 players.

Out of 44.

E
X
O
D
U
S

And who says Rutten isn't fit for the job? He hasn't coached a single game as sole coach.

So I'm probably going to need a bit more than a random BigFooty poster spewing the same clickbait lines the media does, with clearly no knowledge of the EFC players and list, telling me there's nothing to be positive about.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
So I'm probably going to need a bit more than a random BigFooty poster spewing the same clickbait lines the media does, with clearly no knowledge of the EFC players and list, telling me there's nothing to be positive about.
Well if you don't care what I have to say, go attack every other poster here listing Essendon....

Afterall, the last 20 years are just so much to get excited about.

I don't care if you don't agree with me, that isn't the point of this thread, Essendon are as likely as many to finish near or on the bottom.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Well if you don't care what I have to say, go attack every other poster here listing Essendon....

Afterall, the last 20 years are just so much to get excited about.

I don't care if you don't agree with me, that isn't the point of this thread, Essendon are as likely as many to finish near or on the bottom.

You literally posted that there was nothing to be positive about, to which I replied with a number of things that supporters would be positive about. Which you then ignored and went about listing the media clickbait which has no foundation in reality.

Remember where Port were at the end of 2018; Senior players leaving, supporters wanting Hinkley gone, winning 1 of their last 7 games.

If any club's supporters should be aware of how quickly things can turn and fresh faces can bring positives, Port Adelaide supporters should be.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Remember where Port were at the end of 2018; Senior players leaving, supporters wanting Hinkley gone, winning 1 of their last 7 games.
That's selective.

Why not focus on the significant injuries or the great form before that?

And stop changing the subject. I reckon Essendon will finish near the bottom. If you can't handle opposition views, best you stay in your board so you can overrate yourself as much as you like.

Rutten stinks, he was coaching all year. Your fwd line stinks, your backs stink, your midfield stinks. You were terrible against Adelaide who were the worst team in memory.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
lol.

And you wonder why I picked your comment out. What a troll you are.
Newsflash, opposition fans don't rate Essendon

Diddums.

It ain't trolling if many here mentioned Essendon.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Newsflash, opposition fans don't rate Essendon

Diddums.

It ain't trolling if many here mentioned Essendon.

The way you're carrying on is trolling, plenty here simply said Essendon, you instead went one step further, saying there's nothing to be positive about for supporters, and continue to double down.

Plenty of be positive about in reality.

Back