List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
stav puts his balls on the lone with what he hears, unlike others who post vague nothingness.

Just lets see what transpires.
One of the few “ITK”s I actually trust.
To be honest I’ll explain what I told a few others yesterday. If I’m wrong, well I wasn’t 100% wrong however I’m well aware I know what’s coming my way and I actually didn’t want to post about it.

Yesterday I got a text saying crouch will be done in the next 24 hours. I took that as we would be lodging today.

after giving that info. We lodged later on Sunday.

I was told the delay in lodging was we spoke about a trade framework with crows over the last few days. Nothing came of it. (I don’t know if something will, I just know that these talks didn’t have an outcome)

I was then told it should be a done deal. “They won’t match” - whether that’s because of the triggers and the way it’s structured. I have no clue. It seems that way today seeing the report. But I don’t actually know more then that.

so I told a handful. I wanted to keep it to that handful however I have enjoyed today thoroughly and decided I’ll share.

Personally I’m not fussed, I think Crouch needs this move more then we need him as I think Ratten can get him out of his comfort zone and make him a better player. That’s not to say that I wouldn’t be very happy landing him as a free agent.

Lethers is keen to keep this years first as we traded last years. So we stay within the rules of not trading consecutive firsts out. Makes me think that Ben king or Taranto might be in the works for next year..

I’d imagine the hope is for Ben King.

Taranto is now very important to GWS. They are haemorrhaging talent.

Any update if Crows matched/are matching?
Preparing the matching kit as we speak

C6fMTxE.jpg

I’d imagine the hope is for Ben King.

Taranto is now very important to GWS. They are haemorrhaging talent.
Yes we want to retain the ability to move our picks next year.

under this current regime if we look like playing finals and in future contending I can see us making moves in the market every other year unless a big deal comes up to change that.

we like going to the draft and backing our recruiters however.

You guys saying we should walk away immediately if they match need to be more open minded.

The crows would clearly be matching, yet have no interest in actually keeping him for 4/5 years.

They would be signing over all the power in a trade negotiation over to us- that is something we should definately explore before walking away!!

We could have them offer us a very very favourable trade deal in that circumstance.

Hypothetically what about a cheap tom lynch or sloane or something along with crouch for 15 and steaknives?

Something like that could potentially be offered up by the crows who would be able to save face, while we walk away closer to a flag than just getting brad as an RFA.

Of course this would upset our preference to use a first this year- but perhaps we can get back into the first round with something during tradeweek if it really meant that much to us.

I'm not saying it will or even could happen- but my point is, we should at least keep our door open to the crows if they matched instead of just walking away.

You never know what their desperation may bring them to do.

You sir are a negative vibe and I will take my advice from much more learned scholars 🤔

dLpggOb.jpg
i have deleted the comment i made about the SPACEMAN'S excellent work.....i am ashamed for putting anyone;s creative efforts down...i was probably guilty of taking what he said to heart...as i have never given advice ...everything is opinion...and it pissed me off that you said i wasn't leaned as i ******* am. LOL..i've wasted many years learning just about everything nobody wants to know, well certainly not football, i admit. Sometimes on here i annoy myself by letting harmless inane banter get to me.. i'm SORRY ..I genuinely enjoy your body of work. I am sure however , you wouldn't be worried by my comments regardless.. Good will to all!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now Buckley is denying this on social media.

He backed his sources suggesting they are impeccable. It sounds like George had some mail that he was gone from someone inside the club too and that was last week.

You guys saying we should walk away immediately if they match need to be more open minded.

The crows would clearly be matching, yet have no interest in actually keeping him for 4/5 years.

They would be signing over all the power in a trade negotiation over to us- that is something we should definately explore before walking away!!

We could have them offer us a very very favourable trade deal in that circumstance.

Hypothetically what about a cheap tom lynch or sloane or something along with crouch for 15 and steaknives?

Something like that could potentially be offered up by the crows who would be able to save face, while we walk away closer to a flag than just getting brad as an RFA.

Of course this would upset our preference to use a first this year- but perhaps we can get back into the first round with something during tradeweek if it really meant that much to us.

I'm not saying it will or even could happen- but my point is, we should at least keep our door open to the crows if they matched instead of just walking away.

All a possibility ..but not Sloane ..he is on a massive $800000 contract for the next 3 year ..and he is cooked.

Now Buckley is denying this on social media.

I think it's very telling that bucks' denial wasn't a flat out 'nup, phone call never happened- nothing like that was ever said'

Instead it looks like a far more watered down 'not all of what you said is right' type denial.

"
Buckley hit out on Twitter after the latest report was made public.

“‘Absolute fact’ ... news to me Sam,” Buckley tweeted. “The constant rumour and innuendo is disrespectful to Adam, the club and our supporters.

“We’ll continue to communicate directly and sensitively with Adz and his management.

“FYI, our leaders don’t sit on list management, it’s not their job.”

Last edited:
All a possibility ..but not Sloane ..he is on a massive $800000 contract for the next 3 year ..and he is cooked.

Like i said- a CHEAP sloane.
They can eat a chunk of his and/or lynchs salary if they are desperate enough after matching our brad bid to get out of their self inflicted mess.

If they were to match:
I'd maybe say yes to a deal that had us get sloane at 500k x3 and crouch for pick 15.

Maybe they take dunstan too or something if they wanted him.

Last edited:
If they match, I really, really hope we walk, pick up the phone to the Pies and take Treloar off the books - with the Pies paying a cut of his salary.
The way Gags and Satan work, I wouldn't be surprised if we got both. Hahaha.
Having said that, we will have Crouch next year, no doubt. He will not stay at Adelaide. Why would you be told that you will be traded and then pick up a higher tab for a longer period. Not happening. He nominated us and the brains trust will have worked out the contingencies already. We will play hard ball and if they get smart, they will break up pick 15 like we did last year and give them that later pick and a player. Boom bitches.

From Mitch Cleary today

“The Saints are very adamant they’re not trading their pick 15,” he said.

"Next year’s first round pick, I naturally thought would be the next question (in a trade), but it’s going to be a stronger draft next year.

“This is going to be a big one to watch, the Crows has been super strong on saying that if it wasn’t pick 2, then they were going to match, but now what do they do if the Saints aren’t going to play ball?

“I was very strong last week that the Crows were definitely going to match if it wasn’t pick two, but that might have changed now.

“There’s a chance Brad Crouch walks now for the (current compensation on offer).”

I enjoyed your Zen open minded scenario…

But prefer to imagine the "GAGF you absolute bunch of cabbages, never * with us again" approach…

I actually don't think they can afford to match in the hope of a few pick upgrade, we don't have a good draft hand and next years shouldn't even be considered.

Also I can't imagine them throwing in two extra top 10 B&F players for our pick 15.

We should let them know that we'll turn our attention to Treloar if the Crows are thinking about trying to force a trade.

can't wait to post in the crouch thread once no match occurs, and quote a dozen of those plonkers and the statements they were so adamant about. some serious tossers that come out of the woodwork this time of year.

Be humble, good Sir.

Be gracious and talk up the positives of our wonderful club, team and football department.

Then reinforce what an amazing environment that Brad is coming to and how he’ll take his game to the next level in partnership with Jack Steele.

That’s all you need to do. It is true, but it will really rub it in.

I enjoyed your Zen open minded scenario…

But prefer to imagine the "GAGF you absolute bunch of cabbages, never fu** with us again" approach…

I actually don't think they can afford to match in the hope of a few pick upgrade, we don't have a good draft hand and next years shouldn't even be considered.

Also I can't imagine them throwing in two extra top 10 B&F players for our pick 15.

We should let them know that we'll turn our attention to Treloar if the Crows are thinking about trying to force a trade.

It would certainly feel good to walk away from them after a match, but at the end of the day- we need to prioritise trying to win a flag over feeling good and 'winning trades' by the biggest margin possible.

The bombers for instance are a hole because they have prioritised 'winning' trades and feeling good for 2 decades at the expense of actually improving their team at every opportunity.

All I'm saying is that if if they were to match- the door is wide open for us to get even closer to a flag by at least being receptive to trade offers from a desperate and stuck rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back