Toast The Dull Fans Club

Remove this Banner Ad

• Admin
I'm rearranging the shelves in my shed.

I thought it would be a tight squeeze with the shelves I have ordered, but I find I have 10cm to spare. This makes me happier than it should.

I was supplied the wrong deck belt for my ride on mower
Desperate to cut some grass I put it on anyway and despite a few 'slips'....it does the job adequately.
I have told 4 people about this today, disappointingly none were as enthusiastic about my achievement as I was.

• Admin
I was supplied the wrong deck belt for my ride on mower
Desperate to cut some grass I put it on anyway and despite a few 'slips'....it does the job adequately.
I have told 4 people about this today, disappointingly none were as enthusiastic about my achievement as I was.
It’s hard when joy at these wins is not shared by those closest to you.

We’re behind you.

I like to watch replays of the 2020 grand final with the radio station calls.

I have watched it listening to Sen 3AW MMM and ABC.

Dusty's last goal is best enjoyed with the SEN broadcast IMHO. The second half on triple M sounds like a funeral.

The trick with that is to synch up the vision and the audio.

Sometimes you have to pause the vision for a second until the sound catches up. Sometimes it goes the other way, and you need to pause the radio call. I have the radio broadcast playing on my lap top and watch it on the big screen.

I bought the GF DVD on tuesday from JB HIFI. It's really not a very high quality recording, but they will do a Premiers pack later on that will be tremendous high definition.

My 8 year old nephew is a computer genius, and he is convinced he can set it all up for me so I just press play and it all comes together.

I miss the olden days when we did mixed tapes on the TDK cassette, and the height of my technical abilities was recording a movie orf the TV but pausing the VCR when the commercials came on, so when you watched it back it was miraculously ad free.

When I'm not watching the football I enjoy worm farming and walks along the beach.

I also own a 1985 VK Holden Calais 5.0 V8 with 103000 kms on the clock. It's really not a very good driving car, so I do not drive it often. Me uncle Spiro left me that in his will, with instructions to guard the thing with my life and never sell it.

It's a dark reddish cedar colour and features coppertone leather seats, sunroof, and is powered by a quadrajet carburetor.

He was supposed to buy a VK Group A Brock 'Blue Meanie' which was about $6000 more, but his missus at the time couldn't drive manual. The group A is now worth a billion dollars.

The Calais is worth about $30,000ish. I saw one on carsales for $50K once.

For many reasons 1985 was a big car year for Spiro, and Brocky almost won Bathurst in his HDT VK without a windscreen. The scrutineers also made them kick out the back window so the wind wouldn't flip the car.

I know this because I heard about the open air Bathurst Commodore every Christmas Dinner.

Before he went to the big holden car show in the sky, I asked Spiro why this car meant so much to him.

"Because they don't make cars like this anymore, all plastic crap nowadays. Plus, it's in mint condition *en!"

Fair enough.

I offended him once when I referred to the VK Calais as a Maltese Rolls Royce. Even though he wasn't Maltese, Spiro did not like those comments about his car.

Possibly the best thing I can do with this is hang a Richmond scarf out the window, and do a massive burnout down the street. No one knows what the future holds.

I am sneaking out of work regularly to get a Maccas spicy chicken burger with free small chips and coke.
However, when they stop giving the free chips and coke i won't be doing this any more.
It's really not worth $9 for such a small burger on its own.
I can't work out if its the chicken pattie or the white sauce thats spicy, but it does leave a satisfying burning sensation in the mouth as you sneak back into work with no one giving a toss that you've been missing for 25 minutes.

Since the grand final i have been busy rearranging my antique pottery collection on my newly made shelves, unlike chief I did not want to run out of space so have lined three rooms with shelves.
I initially arranged them in colour order but found this to be quite trite. I then went with date order which was very educational but well, too predicable.
I have now done the daring by organising them in groups of the same maker. So satisfying.

Twice in the space of two weeks I finished a cigarette and flicked the butt away only to have it land on its end standing straight up. The first time surprised me, but the second I found astonishing. And I had witnesses too!

That was thirty years ago, and I still remember it well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since the grand final i have been busy rearranging my antique pottery collection on my newly made shelves, unlike chief I did not want to run out of space so have lined three rooms with shelves.
I initially arranged them in colour order but found this to be quite trite. I then went with date order which was very educational but well, too predicable.
I have now done the daring by organising them in groups of the same maker. So satisfying.
And within those groups? Order by colour? Style?

Your touching on a very philosophic question. Applied decoration and hand painted do seem to congregate in seperate areas.
I go with my heart.
Wise.

My own shelving has a far more prosaic use. To get my crud off the floor.

When scrolling through social media, sometimes when I find a volatile post that I wish I could respond to (little animosity on the SM platforms), I will type out a very long and valid reason by the OP is trash, but never send it.
It gets my frustration out without conflict.
Also I like to think that the OP sees the "someone is typing message" for a while (I usually spend 5 minutes writing it) and waits. Only for nothing to be posted.
Sometime I copy the posts in to the notes section of my phone so I can look back on them and be glad I never posted them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back