Toast The Dull Fans Club

Remove this Banner Ad

When scrolling through social media, sometimes when I find a volatile post that I wish I could respond to (little animosity on the SM platforms), I will type out a very long and valid reason by the OP is trash, but never send it.
It gets my frustration out without conflict.
Also I like to think that the OP sees the "someone is typing message" for a while (I usually spend 5 minutes writing it) and waits. Only for nothing to be posted.
Sometime I copy the posts in to the notes section of my phone so I can look back on them and be glad I never posted them.
confirm this totally works...I reply with all expletives nasty vile vulgar $s**t imaginable....get it OUT of the system, then go back and edit out all nasties. It works.

(it's basically old man yells/swears/shakes fists at cloud)

Last edited:

confirm this totally works...I reply with all expletives nasty vile vulgar $sh*t imaginable....get it OUT of the system, then go back and edit out all nasties. It works.

(it's basically old man yells/swears/shakes fists at cloud)

Or writing a letter to someone, addressing it and then burning it. Which I have also done. Dealing with irrational anger is something that as a bloke, my dad taught me all the right (and wrong) things to do. It beats not knowing how to vent and resorting to anything worse that’s for sure. People ask me how I’m so chill and it’s legit because I know if I do feel angry or bad, I can put it aside knowing I can deal with it when I can 👌🏼

I read this whole thread... the world has turned grey!

I have a bunch of VCR tapes of Swans games from the mid 90s under the house that I have never watched.
I am thinking of arranging them in date order this weekend, unless I can think of something else to do.
I don't own a VCR player anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

incredibly underrated...the humble nailclipper.

First off, girls with long fingernails have 'evolved' to use touchscreen devices expertly....but for someone who never had long nails...when I was in hospital...for a long period....naturally, fingernails grew...trying to use the damn phone is like
scratching your balls with boxing gloves on.

If I know I'm gonna spend a long time in hospital...1st thing to pack...nailclipper.

Last edited:
I like to watch replays of the 2020 grand final with the radio station calls.

I have watched it listening to Sen 3AW MMM and ABC.

Dusty's last goal is best enjoyed with the SEN broadcast IMHO. The second half on triple M sounds like a funeral.

The trick with that is to synch up the vision and the audio.

Sometimes you have to pause the vision for a second until the sound catches up. Sometimes it goes the other way, and you need to pause the radio call. I have the radio broadcast playing on my lap top and watch it on the big screen.

I bought the GF DVD on tuesday from JB HIFI. It's really not a very high quality recording, but they will do a Premiers pack later on that will be tremendous high definition.

My 8 year old nephew is a computer genius, and he is convinced he can set it all up for me so I just press play and it all comes together.

I miss the olden days when we did mixed tapes on the TDK cassette, and the height of my technical abilities was recording a movie orf the TV but pausing the VCR when the commercials came on, so when you watched it back it was miraculously ad free.

When I'm not watching the football I enjoy worm farming and walks along the beach.

I also own a 1985 VK Holden Calais 5.0 V8 with 103000 kms on the clock. It's really not a very good driving car, so I do not drive it often. Me uncle Spiro left me that in his will, with instructions to guard the thing with my life and never sell it.

It's a dark reddish cedar colour and features coppertone leather seats, sunroof, and is powered by a quadrajet carburetor.

He was supposed to buy a VK Group A Brock 'Blue Meanie' which was about $6000 more, but his missus at the time couldn't drive manual. The group A is now worth a billion dollars.

The Calais is worth about $30,000ish. I saw one on carsales for $50K once.

For many reasons 1985 was a big car year for Spiro, and Brocky almost won Bathurst in his HDT VK without a windscreen. The scrutineers also made them kick out the back window so the wind wouldn't flip the car.

I know this because I heard about the open air Bathurst Commodore every Christmas Dinner.

Before he went to the big holden car show in the sky, I asked Spiro why this car meant so much to him.

"Because they don't make cars like this anymore, all plastic crap nowadays. Plus, it's in mint condition fu**en!"

Fair enough.

I offended him once when I referred to the VK Calais as a Maltese Rolls Royce. Even though he wasn't Maltese, Spiro did not like those comments about his car.

Possibly the best thing I can do with this is hang a Richmond scarf out the window, and do a massive burnout down the street. No one knows what the future holds.
TLDR

I've spent my 'rona spring unemployed and coming up with new ideas to revolutionise vertical gardening (while living in a rental and being limited in what I can do.)

Having not built anything since grade 8 woodwork I've built some really cool frames/shelves/tables over the last few weeks. The most incredible thing was how I had to build it - my deck is very wide, but not deep, so I'm building this stuff with bugger all room. Also bugger all tools - I think I had a saw, a hammer, nails, screws and screwdriver and a shitty drill. And a protractor. So s**t wasn't even 100% straight, but in terms of stability it's safe as houses while holding about 24 pots of different shapes and sizes, so I'm really proud of it. (That's despite the pretty extreme whether we had last week with wind and rain - didn't budge.)

Just bought a new pump for the rainwater tank. You can set the shut off pressure but not the stop pressure, so the sprinkler doesn’t run at a constant radius. It’s a bit annoying but I will learn to deal with it.

Hmm. Dull or depressing? I realised the other day that when I buy fuel for my car its so I can get to work to earn the money I need to refuel my car, which I need refueled so I can get to work...to get money to fuel my car.

I also thank the person at the servo for taking my money.

my thongs broke yesterday (fully snapped so couldnt do the bread tie thing) so went to kmart and bought 2 x $3 pairs and they're really comfy.

Why pay $20+?

Its amazing how cheap they are at k mart. $1.20 here on gold coast. Don't be fooled into buying the cheap runners though, horribly uncomfortable.

I have a bunch of VCR tapes of Swans games from the mid 90s under the house that I have never watched.
I am thinking of arranging them in date order this weekend, unless I can think of something else to do.
I don't own a VCR player anymore.

So I went downstairs to prepare for the weekend and found that the handwritten dates on some of the tapes
have faded and I can't really read them properly anymore. Dammit.

i went to aldi today and got inside and realised i forgot my bags. so i turned around and walked to my car and got them and walked back.

on the upside, as i was walking back in, i was behind this 9/10 MILF my god did i have thoughts about special buys

this 9/10 hottie here ?
article-2339253-1A2F0855000005DC-344_634x615.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back