List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a rumour that Tay wants Devon at the club (besties) and considering the value (and relationships) we've already lost having this play out in the media a salary dump for his best mate may be the best we can do. And if it was just a salary problem you could do it moving Phillips, Cox and Thomas out, so it's more broken than that and we may have to eat the sh*t sandwich. I can dream of a threeway with Treloar to the Dogs, Dunkley to Ess and Merrett to us but that's a very longshot. As for what you are smelling you'll have to look a little closer to home, perhaps your coffee kicked in?

Sorry but we're not eating a s**t sandwich from Dildoro. I'd suggest you head on back to the Essendon board right about now fella as they would be all over this.

I reckon it’s all but guaranteed we will get McDonald to play down back and move Moore forward next year.
I think it’s contingent on us being able to move on one of Phillips, Cox or Treloar. Hence why there’s nothing public yet.

No Reef McInnes?? Half the people that post draft and trade options leave out Reef. Is it by accident or don't they rate him?? Very few also have him in the 2021 team, again is it because they don't think he will be there first up??
Because we're getting him 100%. He'll likely find a slot on the int bench somewhere. More focused on the trades around him

Everyone on this board needs to be prepared to see Treloar go as a salary dump as that’s the way it’s heading.

If someone takes his salary we will get a 4th rounder.

This is an absolute sh*t show embarrassment
Surely not a late pick. Has to be a player at least. Wright, Brodie, Fiorini. Can't lose somebody like Treloar and gain a late pick, impossible. Even a straight swap for a bloke that can't get a game at the Suns will cause major melts, but AT LEAST it's something we can work with.

the pies need to tell the supporters whether they are going to trade treloar and stevo and how much of treloar's salary they are willing to pay.... and the lowest draft pick they will take for each... they need to be completely transparent with us....and sack ned guy... because this is a sh*t show
Pies don't need to say anything. Supporters always have a go at Collingwood for leaking internal affairs and now you want then to say something.
Let the scumbag media, mostly Carlscum supporters, have their fun. They will need to apologize one day.
Trading starts tomorrow. All will be revealed.

Pies don't need to say anything. Su\pporters always have a go at Collingwood for leaking internal affairs and now you want then to say something.
Let the scumbag media, mostly Carlscum supporters, have their fun. They will need to apologize one day.
Trading starts tomorrow. All will be revealed.
Well said

Or as a group they decided to frame the Treloar narrative in a way that the club takes the hit as the bad guy. Better to have the ire directed at the silence of a faceless organisation than individuals. It's actually worked pretty well so far except for a couple on here that are always looking for a reason to sack everyone anyway.

The difference this time is the media made the story singling out individual actions. All well and good to say "the club are doing this and that" and the being met with silence. But throwing that level of Woman's Weekley esqe trash at Buckley and the leadership group, required a personal response.
Trash wasn't thrown at the leadership group.

I still think that scenario about not wanting it to be attached to any individual that you're describing amounts to the same thing that I'm concerned about - ignore all rumours about individual players, only respond if it's a rumour about an individual in leadership.

I like how you accept all the rumours that suit your narrative, but none of the rumours that don't.

which rumours have i accepted?
Someone doing what was a sensible analysis to come up with $2,5 mill is not a rumour.
If you wish to challenge the $2.5 mill then find the post and do so.
If your saying I should not accept the reports that we made Cameron an offer, then that's fair enough.
However on the balance of probabilities, and considering Guy was his previous manager, I think its fair to say its likely to be true that we made an offer..

What I don't understand is that we complain that the club doesn't put years into securing the big F/A like Cameron and Lynch but then we don't consider that maybe this trade period is about setting up to exactly that in 2021. Is this beyond the realm of possibility?

I'm hoping we're going all in on Josh Kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour on Nicks

“I’m hearing that Treloar won’t be moved on after all. He’s made it very clear to the club he won’t move interstate and will not take a penny less than his contract states no matter what club he’s at so we might likely be chipping in a too big of chunk to make it worth our while. This has been a disaster from the moment the story broke
But we are still in need of cap space and the rumour I’m hearing is

Sidebottom and pick 14 to Crows
Pick 8 & 20 to us
Crows want some experience in there young midfield group and want outside run. We want to be active in draft and need salary cap relief and we have more than enough to cover his departure

With picks 8 & 20 we might be able to deal with Suns to get pick 5 and some later picks upgraded for us
Suns have made it known pick 5 is available if they get a good player or the right deal so why not get as high up the draft as we can”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If senior players are unhappy that Treloar is being sacrificed due to salary cap issues, as reported, and probably BS. Imagine how they would feel if Sidey was sacrificed instead. Couldn't see Sidebottom traded from the club in any circumstance.

Reefs endurance is currently pretty poor. Whether or not a preseason fixes that is up for debate, but as it currently stands he probably wouldn’t be in line for an early debut because he won’t be able to run a game out.
Maybe he uses all his petrol tickets clocking 2.779 seconds over the first 20m?

which rumours have i accepted?
Someone doing what was a sensible analysis to come up with $2,5 mill is not a rumour.
If you wish to challenge the $2.5 mill then find the post and do so.
If your saying I should not accept the reports that we made Cameron an offer, then that's fair enough.
However on the balance of probabilities, and considering Guy was his previous manager, I think its fair to say its likely to be true that we made an offer..
Which rumours? The salaries were based on rumours. Offer to Cameron.

In other posts the story of Treloar asking for 3 days off in Qld a week, the story that the club are doing it over concern about Adz mental health - basically every rumour that supports your narrative.

Sorry but we're not eating a sh*t sandwich from Dildoro. I'd suggest you head on back to the Essendon board right about now fella as they would be all over this.
Pfft happiest day of my life was beating them 30 years ago, save the tinfoil hat for someone else fella.

I think it’s contingent on us being able to move on one of Phillips, Cox or Treloar. Hence why there’s nothing public yet.

Absolutely. At least in the case of Phillips and Treloar.

Phillips sounds out the door already, with his manager confirming as much. With it all being pretty amicable.

Unless Treloar is more naive than I already think, there’s no way he’s staying next year either.

Cox will be the interesting one. Not sure there will be many (if any) suitors. But he has only one more year remaining on his contract, so surely that won’t be an impediment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back