Any Membership discussions? auto renew is 2nd Nov

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy to be a member and will renew but have thought all year a member's only T-shirt thanking us for staying with them would be more equitable and more special than something that can be purchased at the shop
If every player and few coaches signed a thank you card for each member...about 1800 autographs per person.
Would have been doable and probably meant a bit more to people.
Two posts in an hour and a half with more thought on what could work than a 30% off discount......
We had three Adidas discounts as well. Could of at least given something else to my youngest. I would have made sure all the kids/youth members got something at the expense of the older fans.

I don’t want any rewards or discounts or free stuff. Just keep the club alive and people employed.
Agree 100%. But if you are going to do something then really think about what you are trying to achieve and then come up with a plan. It is obvious that they are concerned about retention for next year. Giving something tangible to kids gets parents on side. But I like the signed card approach would've gone straight onto the fridge and reminded me the club was thinking about me as a paying member. 30% discount does nothing for me from a retention aspect.

Agree 100%. But if you are going to do something then really think about what you are trying to achieve and then come up with a plan. It is obvious that they are concerned about retention for next year. Giving something tangible to kids gets parents on side. But I like the signed card approach would've gone straight onto the fridge and reminded me the club was thinking about me as a paying member. 30% discount does nothing for me from a retention aspect.
It costs money to send out a card or a t-shirt

It won’t cost the club a cent in offering a 30% discount at Adidas because no-one will be bothered to take up the offer

Yep I’ll be paying for a membership even if I don’t go after 1996 I’ve brought a membership every year. Rather have a club then no club.
Thats when I joined too mate, so I could vote No. But I won't be using my 30% "prize' on adidas

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

If every player and few coaches signed a thank you card for each member...about 1800 autographs per person.
Would have been doable and probably meant a bit more to people.
A few years ago wh had a hot debate about whether Jeff used a signing machine to send a thankyou letter to members - it didnt seem to be a printed signature

Awful lot of 30% off vouchers 'won' here by the looks!🤣 Seemed to be quite a number of other prizes on offer. Did anyone out there in BigFootyLand win or know someone who actually was lucky enough to score something different? Was a nice gesture I guess? 🤔

Gold member got offered a $40 or a 3 game memebership for a friend (worth $100) that person has to go on the database though, so im not sure theyd be that happy. and of course actual access might be limited

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold member got offered a $40 or a 3 game memebership for a friend (worth $100) that person has to go on the database though, so im not sure theyd be that happy. and of course actual access might be limited

Take that as a win, I didn't get offered anything like that. As you say it could be a moot point anyways, who knows what crowd numbers will look like in 2021.

Also if we have to wear masks etc then I'll opt to just watch from the comfort of my lounge.

Awful lot of 30% off vouchers 'won' here by the looks!🤣 Seemed to be quite a number of other prizes on offer. Did anyone out there in BigFootyLand win or know someone who actually was lucky enough to score something different? Was a nice gesture I guess? 🤔

I saw someone on my local Hawks group post that they won a double reserved pass to a Hawks game in Melb...which for an SA based member is great :thumbsu: lol

Take that as a win, I didn't get offered anything like that. As you say it could be a moot point anyways, who knows what crowd numbers will look like in 2021.

Also if we have to wear masks etc then I'll opt to just watch from the comfort of my lounge.
$40 hawks nest voucher to be exact

Love the club, have been a member for 10+ years now but will be requesting a refund (for 2021) if i can't attend a minimum of 5-6 games next year.

I'll admit I'm on the lowest tier 11 game membership, but the thought of sinking 400$ for no return doesn't sit well.

I'd rather go to a restaurant, cafe, holiday etc if it is a means of keeping people employed.

Love the club, have been a member for 10+ years now but will be requesting a refund (for 2021) if i can't attend a minimum of 5-6 games next year.

I'll admit I'm on the lowest tier 11 game membership, but the thought of sinking 400$ for no return doesn't sit well.

I'd rather go to a restaurant, cafe, holiday etc if it is a means of keeping people employed.

I’m not being critical of whatever you choose to do, it’s your money so you should spend it how you best see fit, but I feel like I get a lot of benefit from my membership over and above live games.

I’ve never lived in southern Australia so I’ve probably only seen around a dozen Hawks games live ever, but if I can afford it I’m always happy to swing the club some dollars so they can keep doing what they do 🏆

Not sure why but I got a free upgrade from an 11 game membership ($205) to a Dunstall Club membership ($275)

Same- got an upgrade to a full Interstate Membership for the fam as opposed to our previous country Melb one. As a thanks for keeping the membership during 2020.

Now the kids are old enough to attend and get something out of the games (rather than sit on the ipad) I'll expect a bigger membership bill in the coming years.

Have you factored in the free membership upgrade?

Also the HFC employs a lot of people.

Poor marketing hyping up a prize then sending everyone a discount shopping voucher

Story of Hawthorn's marketing team. I suspect they've suffered a few redundancies, but even when at full steam they were pretty bad at the actual marketing stuff, unless you were in one of the coterie groups.

I also received a 30% discount code. Had a quick perusal of the gear I could spend it on and none of it appeals. It's also only good until the end of the month. At least you get 12 months out of a book voucher. Bit of a marketing fail by Hawthorn.

Story of Hawthorn's marketing team. I suspect they've suffered a few redundancies, but even when at full steam they were pretty bad at the actual marketing stuff, unless you were in one of the coterie groups.

I also received a 30% discount code. Had a quick perusal of the gear I could spend it on and none of it appeals. It's also only good until the end of the month. At least you get 12 months out of a book voucher. Bit of a marketing fail by Hawthorn.

‘apart from the cluster show of the website, the digital offereings have been pretty good really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back