Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is a confidence player. He's done zilch this season. The last game i saw him playing, he was sitting on the bench"flat as a tac" with Pendles trying to give him a pep talk.
Its a no from me.

Young players are far more susceptible to huge swings in confidence (also see Dow, Paddy), but these are things that can be corrected. He's had a pretty tough couple of years, but you don't lose talent, and he certainly wasn't lacking any belief in his first season. No idea what his relationship with Buckley was/is like, but if it's deteriorated that also has to be a major factor as well.

His talent is obvious, it's going to be a matter of coaxing it out of him again. With Collingwood clearly needing to clear cap space, and Stephenson's value at rock bottom it's a really good chance to jump at the deal. Probably not exactly the type of small forward we need, but still has a nice creative streak, a reasonable amount of speed, and despite how he is currently being typecast, a great ability one-on-one. In his first year he was routinely beating experienced defenders in the air.

I'm maintaining a change of clubs would be the best thing for him, and I think Teague would love to have him as part of the forwardline. His coaching style and demeanour is also far more congenial to managing a player like Stephenson.

Yes for me.

Trade radio - * man rings up - "assuming we get pick 8 for Saad, you reckon we could swap 6, 7 + 8 to Adelaide for 1+ 9"?

Don't think so...

* supporters would even be wondering that if Adelaide got Pick 2 as well.

I agree but it is possible though, isn't it?

Imagine if Hawthorn decided that BCrouch would be a good fit now after possibly missing on other targets and offered him 750K over 5 years, triggering band one compensation for Adelaide. Unlikely but is it possible?
Apparently yes if he agrees.

It's all about Dunkley on TR right now and him moving seems more and more likely, if;

1. He's unhappy with other players at the club
2. He's unhappy being pushed aside by Smith in the midfield and forced into playing make-shift roles.
3. More money at Essendon.

The Dogs could do very well out of this situation and should play it hard, long and tough. Could suit us with Saad.
We'd be silly to move on Saad early and can you believe this fro the AFL website?

There is still optimism on both sides that a deal for Saad could be concluded in the early stages of the Trade Period, but it will take Carlton and Essendon overcoming a series of roadblocks. The Blues are aware it will take a first-round pick to guarantee the deal goes through but are waiting to decipher whether the Bombers want pick No.8 or a future first-round selection. Carlton is also chasing something else in return – potentially a second-round pick, which could arrive via Port Adelaide's pursuit of Orazio Fantasia.

We're waiting for Essendon to tell us which pick they'd prefer? What are we, now?

I'd hazard a guess that we may have floated our future first instead of Pick 8 and Essendon may be mulling that over.

Most likel just lazy journalism (surprise surprise) to suggest we've just given them the choice of picks, when the reality is that we've put forward an alternative solution and the ball is back in their court.

Future first for Saad, haggle for a later (third or fourth) round pick back as well.

Makes a subsequent pick swap with Collingwood appealing too, as it gives us a presence in the first round this year and next.

Future first for Saad and 47.
8 and 29 for 16 and Collingwood future first.

Hit this draft with 16, 47 and 50, in addition to Williams and Saad (and maybe a budget third trade target).
Enter next year's draft with Collingwood's 1st (hopefully better than ours would have been anyway), plus all our later picks.

Trade radio - * man rings up - "assuming we get pick 8 for Saad, you reckon we could swap 6, 7 + 8 to Adelaide for 1+ 9"?

Don't think so...
Not a bad point actually, I'd do it if I were Adelaide and there was a good chance of two of my rated top 5 still available at 6 and 7. They're in a rebuild. Two is probably better than one.

I quite liked Dunstan in his draft year - Lenny Hayes double if I recall. Haven't watched his progress too much jut can get his hands on it and is hard at it.

Remind me why he's such a spud?

Dodo at it again apparently...look at the names he wants for Fantasia: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...o/news-story/cd522c3fc563e6483ee34c9d18b3e8f7

Dodo is taking full advantage of the apparent industry-wide disregard for this draft. Make stupid requests, wear the other side down through sheer frustration, and eventually they're going to decide that giving overs in draft picks isn't that big a deal given the nature of the draft.

It may work out incredibly well for them, getting "overs" on a number of deals. But it could just as easily be a monumental waste of time if they just don't have enough evidence to go off to make the most of those early picks.

I quite liked Dunstan in his draft year - Lenny Hayes double if I recall. Haven't watched his progress too much jut can get his hands on it and is hard at it.

Remind me why he's such a spud?
Watch more of his progress and you'll see why

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There you go. SOS said that when we bring in players like Newnes, they're generally preferred over young players we have on the list and the danger is that you don't get the necessary development into those younger players.

This has been evident to me for some time and which is why I don't wan any players other than for clear needs, which we've done to date with Williams & Saad
No Dunstan, Narkle, Witherden and the likes....

Watch more of his progress and you'll see why

Greek - do us all a favour and add to the discussion by expanding on your thoughts.

Nobody is going to go trawling through old St Kilda matches to review Dunstan's performance in case we're trading him in for a 5th rounder.

I think you're adding a fair bit of mayo to your assessment of him, personally. He's not a spud. He's just not great.

He's roughly on par with Kennedy, who still has plenty of supporters here. He'd add plenty to the reserves side, would give us a strong body to throw in the middle if Cripps was injured, but beyond that I don't see much benefit. For a very late pick, and if he's not expecting firsts footy, then I think it's one the club should consider. But I'd be disappointed if we brought him over and guys like Dow, Stocker and Kennedy weren't able to keep him out of the seniors.

Crows are looking for a bid in that $750-800 range to get pick 2, not sure we are that interested

Crouch might be traded though, but it won't be to the Saints
I meant to trade. Would not be paying him as n RFA... If that's what he's after then forget it. But if he genuinely wants tocome to VIC and play for us,I'm sure we can work out a favourable trade, maybe with a future first or pick 8

I'd hazard a guess that we may have floated our future first instead of Pick 8 and Essendon may be mulling that over.

Most likel just lazy journalism (surprise surprise) to suggest we've just given them the choice of picks, when the reality is that we've put forward an alternative solution and the ball is back in their court.

Future first for Saad, haggle for a later (third or fourth) round pick back as well.

Makes a subsequent pick swap with Collingwood appealing too, as it gives us a presence in the first round this year and next.

Future first for Saad and 47.
8 and 29 for 16 and Collingwood future first.

Hit this draft with 16, 47 and 50, in addition to Williams and Saad (and maybe a budget third trade target).
Enter next year's draft with Collingwood's 1st (hopefully better than ours would have been anyway), plus all our later picks.

Geez that would make for an interesting season in 2021 with big clubs death-riding each other.

The AFL would love it, and would probably manipulate the draw accordingly.

Greek - do us all a favour and add to the discussion by expanding on your thoughts.

Nobody is going to go trawling through old St Kilda matches to review Dunstan's performance in case we're trading him in for a 5th rounder.

I think you're adding a fair bit of mayo to your assessment of him, personally. He's not a spud. He's just not great.

He's roughly on par with Kennedy, who still has plenty of supporters here. He'd add plenty to the reserves side, would give us a strong body to throw in the middle if Cripps was injured, but beyond that I don't see much benefit. For a very late pick, and if he's not expecting firsts footy, then I think it's one the club should consider. But I'd be disappointed if we brought him over and guys like Dow, Stocker and Kennedy weren't able to keep him out of the seniors.
Spot on! On par with Kennedy who we're looking at trading out so why would we then go for Dunstan? Kinda pointless.

And also with list sizes you don't bring in players to play in the two's and use a primary list spot on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back