Roast Inner Feral Fan Unleashed - Warning - Unbridled, passionate, and objectionable opinions within

The outcomes thus far are fine; I’ve expressed that when merited. I’m not suggesting that supporters need to know the names of players involved; generic discussion on class/s or category/s is enough to quench the appetite for connection. At it’s simplest, I‘d like to hear from our formal LM. I don’t want to learn about LM related matters via CEO.

Lets see how Austing and Co handle the Saad situation - I'm all for using pick#7 and anything else it takes to get Wines or Oliver over. Saad has been declared hostile by Essendone in an effort to justify whatever 'strategy' they choose to pursue - I hope Carlton doesn't go doggy and roll over like a puppy handing over pick 7 in any shape or form to the scum.

and no I don't belive for one second that Carlton 'owes' Saad anything except best endeavours - Saad and his management can pursue fair treatment via the AFL - I hope they do because Essendon's behaviour towards Saad has been reprehensible - let's not reward it with capitulation - two wrongs don't make a right.

I don't like seeing the AFL bail out Essendone from its own stupidity last year - again. This needs to be formally addressed by our shiny headed leader I would have thought - especially in the context of the Saad situation - but I guess he may not be as popular in AFL HQ as he is with the posters on here- after all - he took the job that they had lined up for the bloke that ended up in St Kilda - we settled for second or third best thanks to hysteria.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Agreed, no gossip. I just want to hear his voice, and understand his general view on the upcoming trade period; even if it’s merely to repeat common knowledge.
How many other list managers have you heard do this.? Ever? Sounds like a short cut to disaster "Um we're hoping that we have a good trade period, but I can't tell you any of our targets, or anything of any interest".

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
How many other list managers have you heard do this.? Ever? Sounds like a short cut to disaster "Um we're hoping that we have a good trade period, but I can't tell you any of our targets, or anything of any interest".
I can certainly think of one such LM. But what can I say, under Trigg the club spoilt us supporters; we became closely engaged. I now expect no less and desire to hear from Austin.

I want the sales bloke and his gimmicks away from the CEO’s desk; and most certainly away from LM. Membership sales is his go.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
No issue with Austin; he’ll be ok. I just want to the Richmond bloke gone; he and his sales gimmicks.

I can certainly think of one such LM. But what can I say, under Trigg the club spoilt us supporters; we became closely engaged. I now expect no less and desire to hear from Austin.

I want the sales bloke and his gimmicks away from the CEO’s desk; and most certainly away from LM. Membership sales is his go.

Not that I agree totally with this, but I think Liddle will be here for at least 5 more years.

He is getting results with on field stuff like making us a destination club.

I get that he is not everyone's cup of tea, but As much as I like you and appreciate your posts, you really haven't us legit/sound reasons why we should get of him :)

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Not that I agree totally with this, but I think Liddle will be here for at least 5 more years.

He is getting results with on field stuff like making us a destination club.

I get that he is not everyone's cup of tea, but As much as I like you and appreciate your posts, you really haven't us legit/sound reasons why we should get of him :)
No sales gimmicks and or underhanded arguments. A bit of vulnerability can go a long way. He, and we, could learn from you Elmer. :)

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Lets see how Austing and Co handle the Saad situation...
I’m literally biting my tongue, holding on waiting to see how they go.
I enjoyed hearing from Austin post the Zac sign on; I reckon he does some good work. But I don’t think it’s him doing the lead negotiating; if it was Nick, I think we may have been more advanced than we currently appear to be. I reckon it’s one of the other 600 LM’s in our supercharged committee led admirably by the main man LM. So now I’ll go back to *en waiting.

The Dominator7

Unleash Finbar's Fury
Sep 22, 2016
D'Amico Republic
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Cubs, FC Brugge
I’m literally biting my tongue, holding on waiting to see how they go.
I enjoyed hearing from Austin post the Zac sign on; I reckon he does some good work. But I don’t think it’s him doing the lead negotiating; if it was Nick, I think we may have been more advanced than we currently appear to be. I reckon it’s one of the other 600 LM’s in our supercharged committee led admirably by the main man LM. So now I’ll go back to fu**en waiting.

Well you get points for being in the right thread....don’t hold back, unleash, opine away !!!

2ndeffort

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2005
Berwick
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man U, Victory
What's going on with Dodoro? Has he been poking around the changerooms over at Tulla and found something 'mind-expanding' in Bomber Thompson's old locker?

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I'll support our team, all of them, rather than those campaigning against us.
Oi, bleeding heart, leaning on the words of Aph, a few posts above this post of mine and several below yours, at least one of those campaigners you referred to has a name; it’s Steven son of Sergio. Please show some respect and address him properly.

Last edited:

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Are you sure? I've heard he has 'Richmond Bloke' on all his business cards.
Forget the business card, even award winning Chief Footy Writer for TheAge has recognised that the bloke has prevailing Richmond citizenship;Blues ... have imported two key figures with Richmond passports. First was chief executive Cain Liddle, who presided over the Tigers' membership growth in 2017 and was hired, in part, to propel that kind of groundswell within a long-dormant and disillusioned Carlton fan base. The second executive with a tinge of Tigerland was list manager Nick Austin...”

Last edited:
Cain Liddle is very bald - he seems to have no hair on his head. he also has a penchant for wearing suits with white shirts and no tie - that was a middle ranked investment banker look back in the 90's and a waiters look in the early 2000's - it was also made popular in the men in Black Movie - excpet they wore black ties and looked like undertakers - which ws itself a 'play' on the look in my Av - the Blues Brovers.

His name is CAIN LIDDLE!

1604495238966.png

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
The people bitching at or about SOS on trade radio across the Carlton board need to get a grip, or they need to reflect on their own reality.

One of two things is happening here: either it's okay for someone to do - to the best of their ability - what they're paid to do, or it isn't. If it is, then SOS can drum up as much controversy as he wants and - as it isn't going to affect us - it doesn't matter. If it isn't okay for someone to do what they're paid to do, they need to look at how they vote, how they think about the choices they make, and it is a far reaching thing to consider. Do you eat meat? Do you buy from brands that use sweatshops? Do you buy from brands that take advantage of lax labour laws worldwide, or do you use a bank that profits from fossil fuels?

Either it's okay for money to be an adequate reason for you to play a role, or it isn't, and if it isn't for something as superfluous as footy it really shouldn't be for things that matter more.

Last edited:
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I cannot stand people begging for information/rumours from supposed ITK posters. Sure, I don't need to read it and/or it doesn't affect me.

But grow the * up. You don't need the instant gratification, and you'll find out eventually. Stop behaving like a child too impatient to wait for their birthday.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
I cannot stand people begging for information/rumours from supposed ITK posters. Sure, I don't need to read it and/or it doesn't affect me.

But grow the fu** up. You don't need the instant gratification, and you'll find out eventually. Stop behaving like a child too impatient to wait for their birthday.
Couldn’t agree anymore. Getting tiresome based on the notion that we have announced that the house is closed and no media leaks. Immediacy of contemporary society at play. Come at me...

Back