List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOF, I just went on the AFC Crouch thread, so much salt and melting, I felt my heart do a little dance, but it was probably high blood pressure. Dear me, the Crows are facing a 20% drop in memberships if those posters are true to their word. Sadly, I'll imagine once they get Hately and all their draftees through the door, the mob will have long forgotten about Brad Crouch and will be back on the Kool Aid.

So what do Adelaide do now with their 9 picks (6 inside the first 2 rounds)? You'd think they'd try to package a few of them up for something higher, could be knocking on the doors of the other clubs inside the top 10. On the other hand, maybe this is the year to have many lower picks than one high one. Be interesting to see what they do with them all. I reckon they'll be fine long term, need to flush out all the players with PTSD and start from scratch.

As for us, Brad doesn't really convince me yet, but I'm sure I'll grow to love him as much as Zac Jones or Dan Butler. I'd rather give Bytel and Byrnes chances to grow than grab another mercenary mid in Treloar, but at the same time I agree with Stav about taking our opportunity when we have it. I guess I'll trust the club to make the right choice, they've earnt our trust by now I think.

Looking forward to getting Higgins through the door now, reckon he'll light the place up. He seems so much like Ratts, think he'll be a firm favourite in no time. I'll be sad to see Jack Lonie go, a bit annoying he won't make it to 100 games. I think his guile and pressure up front will be missed, but happy that he's saved his career after looking on the verge of falling out of the AFL two years ago.

Gringo has also turned me on to his love of Brayden Crossley, any ITKs out there know if he's on our radar and if not, why not? (No remarks about the mother thanks).
Satan will require a character reference from his Mum before anything is considered when it comes to Crossley;)

I posted over two weeks ago that we should start getting used to the idea of Adam Treloar in the RW&B.. As well as answered a few PM's about what I know...

I just wanted to add that I am now 101% sure that we are Adam's 1st preference to play at next year. Confirmed.

COUGH UP THE 750K AND FIRST ROUND PICK!
Wolfie goes ******* bang!!

I gave this to a few of the boys the other day. Enjoy.

“We are going to talk Treloar again.
It will be dependent on moving on 3-4 players.

but we think a second round pick will get it done.

I’ve understood this as we would be after both Crouch and Treloar.

Obviously plenty of hoops to manage before this goes from a conversation to likely.”

Treloar and Crouch would be an amazing result, as long as we are confident we aren't selling our future short to get them both in - by that I mean in terms of salary cap space. It's going to be a difficult environment to trade enough players but there is word around a few. For a second rounder and considerable contribution from Collingwood you'd think we have to take the chance.

Is that genuine too? Has anyone come out and said that?

I heard on trade radio that Bucks told him the senior players don’t want him back and that he is hard to coach - not sure if that is confirmed that the players feel that way or it’s the Pies trying to force him out in a pretty shitty way?

Massive red flag if true though.
It wasn’t an issue last year when they extended him on a long term deal. It may be partly true but I think the poor management of salary cap is the biggest influencer here and he was the most expendable/replaceable out of the big names.

Treloar and Crouch would be an amazing result, as long as we are confident we aren't selling our future short to get them both in - by that I mean in terms of salary cap space. It's going to be a difficult environment to trade enough players but there is word around a few. For a second rounder and considerable contribution from Collingwood you'd think we have to take the chance.
There is a lot to play out.

I only know that we are very keen and a few things would have to fall our way to make it happen. As a fan base we just need to let it play out.

For me all I want for the rest of the trade period is a) Higgins b) keep pick 17 c)Heeney.

once we’ve got those three done we can go for Treloar.

I also kind of want collingwood’s future first.

I think it's Sam Edmund who broke that story and has even doubled down on it after Buckley's response.
From where I stand I think it's safe to say that the Buckley conversation probably went that way, but I don't think there's anything to verify that's how his teammates truly feel.

He intimated that it came from a source inside the playing list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of me wants to move on Treloar and go all in for next year & the other part of me thinks with some further development in Clark & Coffield as mids we don’t need him next year and we certainly won’t need him beyond next year.
We will need so cap flexibility to ward off other clubs buying Roma, King, Coffield, Clark & Gresh.

Treloar is a jet, but with so much uncertainty around his body and his family life, the risk of losing on our of own young guns isn’t worth it to me.

Yep, in election-speak I’m like a swinging voter vacillating between both points of view.
On one hand I think like you and then next minute I’m convinced by good arguments from the likes of Stavro and others with his point of view.
Lucky I don’t get a say in this decision.

( And just before you ask, I’m not saying which of you I’m comparing to Biden and which to Trump...😉)

Yep, in election-speak I’m like a swinging voter vacillating between both points of view.
On one hand I think like you and then next minute I’m convinced by good arguments from the likes of Stavro and others with his point of view.
Lucky I don’t get a say in this decision.

( And just before you ask, I’m not saying which of you I’m comparing to Biden and which to Trump...😉)

I feel the same as you, worried that we get a bit carried away, sign everyone and wake up at the end of trade week like a student checking their bank balance after a huge weekend bender and realising that they are going to have to get on the phone to their parents if they want to eat this week.

so what are the next moves?
- treloar?
- higgins?
- dunstan?
- roberton?
- webster?
- savage?
- mckenzie?
- lonie?
Surely no one takes Robo. And surely they front loaded his contract.

We need to keep one of Webster or savage IMO.

I would dangling Seb Ross. Would hate to think what money he is on. Signed after his one good season from memory.

There is a lot to play out.

I only know that we are very keen and a few things would have to fall our way to make it happen. As a fan base we just need to let it play out.

If he nominates a club, be it stkilda or someone else Collingwood are compelled to trade him right? How could they not after the way they have already botched the whole situation. That subsequently lowers his trade value. Wasn't there mutual Interest in lonie a year ago? Saints could offer lonie and a future third or something.

I feel the same as you, worried that we get a bit carried away, sign everyone and wake up at the end of trade week like a student checking their bank balance after a huge weekend bender and realising that they are going to have to get on the phone to their parents if they want to eat this week.

The difference is we are able to keep an eye on our own bank balance but we get a bit antsy here because we have absolutely no clue about the bank balance of the Saints’ salary cap.
Hence, Gallagher.

If he nominates a club, be it stkilda or someone else Collingwood are compelled to trade him right? How could they not after the way they have already botched the whole situation. That subsequently lowers his trade value. Wasn't there mutual Interest in lonie a year ago? Saints could offer lonie and a future third or something.
Pies have had a long standing interest in Lonie. Not sure it’s still relevant.

as I understand it, Collingwood want him gone and will effectively take under and cough Up cash to make it happen.

you however need a buyer for his contract as it is large and he would want to be interested in your clubs direction.

Hopefully we see the best of Crouch with us. He missed 2yrs of footy with groin and foot issue so fingers crossed his body has matured now to handle the rigours of a full season. Pressure is on him to perform and keep him motivated to earn the triggers on his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back