Roast Poll: Which catastrophic Adelaide Crows admin failure was worst?

Which major Adelaide Crows admin failure was worst?

• Kurt Tippett scandal

Votes: 101 58.7%
  • Burton & Camp scandal

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • Bryce Gibbs trade

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Letting Brad Crouch leave for a pittance

Votes: 13 7.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad is the least bad of the 4 by far, but it hurts just as bad as the rest because it came at a time I was starting to have a small amount of hope we were turning the corner.

I reckon this is worse than the Bryce Gibbs trade

I reckon this is worse than the Bryce Gibbs trade

You know how I felt about Gibbs before it even happened, let alone with how it finished up. So I'm probably a bit bias in that regard in that my rating of Gibbs has always been significantly lower than many peoples, hence making the trade worse in my eyes.

Four major, catastrophic errors made by our wonderful administration in the last decade.

Which was the worst?

Option 5:-

Id say the review was the most catastrophic failure.
Was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Tippett's the worst of that list in football terms. IMHO it's the domino that set everything else off. The camp is almost as bad though and morally much worse.

However, The Tippett affair was precipitated by the club's culture around the treatment/salaries of young players vs senior/experienced.

The Tippett scandal had so many elements to it, it could be broken into a few separate parts and each would be worse than the other three on the list:
- Agreeing to trade Tippett in the future for a second round pick - draft tampering by agreeing to take unders in the future to entice a signature
- Agreeing to pay / organising incentives for Tippett outside the salary cap - salary cap breach
- Pre-emptively forfeiting picks instead of taking the bombers drug scandal approach of fighting to the last breath
- Retaining the dickhead who got us into the mess in the first place (Trigg)
- Chairman Chapman who “backed the boys in” when he should have been marched out the door himself - this prick has been the cancer who has royally ****ed the club for the last decade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The handling of the camp (not the camp itself) is the worst. This rates up there for a number of reasons.

The Gibbs trade obviously wasn't good in hindsight but doesn't belong in this list in my opinion.

The dual captaincy was worse, it showed how spineless the club was and was the beginning of the end for Pyke.

Brad Crouch deal.

The first three were at least with the right intention. To get an advantage.

This one was waving the white flag.

I vote for the Gibbs in terms of everyone knew at the time that it was a huuuuge mistake. A year too late and way overs.

Tippett and the camp, they were trying things outside the box to benefit the club. Backfired spectacularly both times but still.

Gibbs trade much worse than letting Crouch go for very little. Another disastrous PR exercise though.

Firstly it was the underachieving. And I think Adelaide also had 8 different coaches over the last decade, the most of any AFL team. You underachieve and you get the boot. Walsh and Pyke were the best coaches during this time, I think Walsh was better.

Tippett. Got to play in 2 losing grand finals in the end so things didn't go exactly to plan for him. Not sure if he would have made a huge difference in 2013, the team would have under-performed badly that season regardless if he stayed or not.

There were times over the last few years the crowd took their frustration out on the club at Adelaide oval booing the team, esp against Essendon in 2019. Yes, we have not been happy supporters the last few years. 2018 and 2019 were horrible seasons and after a cleanout the spoon season of 2020 went as expected and I can probably expect a similar result in 2021.

Crouch trade seems bad right now, but we'll see.

The Wacky Misadventures of Tippett & Trigg.

Cost us a flag. Add those 4 draft picks maturing right in time for 2017 and we look a lot better.

How about 2016. I thought we were better that season but then came Round 23, played horrible and finished 5th. That first final vs North was such an empty feeling.

Back