The real legacy of Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

So people should get a certain number of votes depending on how "interested" they are?

That sounds like a great idea.

How many votes would you give to the Westboro Baptist Church or hardcore anti-abortion activists? They're pretty interested.
When i say interested i mean they have to attend a non graded course that covers the basics on economics, foreign affairs, political history, law and human behaviour. Im guessing many of those people wouldnt bother and if they did their minds might be changed on certain topics.

When i say interested i mean they have to attend a non graded course that covers the basics on economics, foreign affairs, political history, law and human behaviour.
So they have to be educated.

Universal suffrage is now contingent on attending a seminar.

You don't know the difference between then/than but you reckon you can set the parameters for who's allowed to vote?

Sorry, but it's there for all but the blind to see right now. It will take the US years to recover from his term. Internally and internationally.
On the contrary, should Trump lose, I think his ‘legacy’ will be wiped clean in months. The Republican Party is a cult of Trump right now, lose heavily, and all his hangers-on will be pushed out the door. The Republican Party will fight to regain its ‘soul’ just as much as America will. Some things will take time to repair, sure, we’ll study the reasons for years but Trump will leave no legacy other than of failure in a pandemic and general chaos.

On the contrary, should Trump lose, I think his ‘legacy’ will be wiped clean in months. The Republican Party is a cult of Trump right now, lose heavily, and all his hangers-on will be pushed out the door. The Republican Party will fight to regain its ‘soul’ just as much as America will. Some things will take time to repair, sure, we’ll study the reasons for years but Trump will leave no legacy other than of failure in a pandemic and general chaos.
I think you are wrong. The horse has bolted. The next republican leader will be a crazy from fox news or trump jnr. The fact trump is even competitive despite his baggage and massive mental illness handicaps means that if anyone with even half a brain was in charge of this movement they would be romping it in right now.

I think you are wrong. The horse has bolted. The next republican leader will be a crazy from fox news or trump jnr. The fact trump is even competitive despite his baggage and massive mental illness handicaps means that if anyone with even half a brain was in charge of this movement they would be romping it in right now.
Trump is not a popular leader; he didn’t win the popular vote and his approval rating has never hit 50 per cent. Potential future leaders are already distancing themselves from him. If he gets thumped, the fight will be on with traditional conservative Republicans trying to take back the Party from Trump’s cult. And a thumping loss will give them momentum. No way will they be endorsing a Pence, Pompeo or Don Jr if they get smashed, Nikki Hayley, Ben Sasse or someone we’ve never heard of will slide right in.

As much as traditional politics is broken, the Trump experiment didn’t work, the Republicans need to go back to square one.

Elon Musk said the left is losing the middle, but I think as far as policy is concerned, it's the middle losing the left by distancing themselves from good things like Medicare For All, the Green New Deal, a federal jobs guarantee, and ending the wars. Nevertheless, Biden has a good chance of beating Trump because Trump is alienating everyone except for hardcore conservatives and RWNJs. They'll distance themselves from Kanye as well if he puts his hand up to run in 2024 because his platform is essentially black Trump + even more religiosity.

Elon Musk said the left is losing the middle, but I think as far as policy is concerned, it's the middle losing the left by distancing themselves from good things like Medicare For All, the Green New Deal, a federal jobs guarantee, and ending the wars. Nevertheless, Biden has a good chance of beating Trump because Trump is alienating everyone except for hardcore conservatives and RWNJs. They'll distance themselves from Kanye as well if he puts his hand up to run in 2024 because his platform is essentially black Trump + even more religiosity.
The green new deal doesnt benefit the current middle. It benefits the future middle who mostly dont yet vote. Medicare for all doesnt benefit the middle if they lose their private health insurance. Medicare for all benefits the low income workers and unemployed. Not the middle.

Trump is not a popular leader; he didn’t win the popular vote and his approval rating has never hit 50 per cent. Potential future leaders are already distancing themselves from him. If he gets thumped, the fight will be on with traditional conservative Republicans trying to take back the Party from Trump’s cult. And a thumping loss will give them momentum. No way will they be endorsing a Pence, Pompeo or Don Jr if they get smashed, Nikki Hayley, Ben Sasse or someone we’ve never heard of will slide right in.

As much as traditional politics is broken, the Trump experiment didn’t work, the Republicans need to go back to square one.
They may still lose bit they aint getting smashed and even if they did it will be blamed on covid not the movement.

the old republican party is dead. Poor conservative people (who are most of the party) hate free trade. They hate immigrants. They hate being told they are idiots even though thats exactly what they are. they aint going back. Why have things changed? Facebook. The poor idiots now have a voice within their party that they never had before and they aint going to lose it.

So they have to be educated.

Universal suffrage is now contingent on attending a seminar.

You don't know the difference between then/than but you reckon you can set the parameters for who's allowed to vote?
One. Its still universal. Everyone still gets a vote (Except under 18s but no one cares about them when speaking about universality). Ps Universal suffrage is dependent on willingness to rocking up to vote. rocking up to seminars really isnt that big of a change.

They may still lose bit they aint getting smashed and even if they did it will be blamed on covid not the movement.

the old republican party is dead. Poor conservative people (who are most of the party) hate free trade. They hate immigrants. They hate being told they are idiots even though thats exactly what they are. they aint going back. Why have things changed? Facebook. The poor idiots now have a voice within their party that they never had before and they aint going to lose it.
If Trump loses (and it’s swinging that way again), he’s out the door. He has no interest in the Republican Party overall, just how it best serves him. Without Trump, Don Jr and the like don’t have a place. It hasn’t been a thumping but I suspect the GOP will still undergo a revamp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Trump loses (and it’s swinging that way again), he’s out the door. He has no interest in the Republican Party overall, just how it best serves him. Without Trump, Don Jr and the like don’t have a place. It hasn’t been a thumping but I suspect the GOP will still undergo a revamp.
You get the republican leader is chosen by the people right? the party heads dont choose. The republican members arent going back to the romneys/bushes/mccains. Most of them now despise the old school republicans almost as much as they hate the clintons and obama.

trump jnr, or one of the nuts from fox news will be overwhelmingy favourites for the next republican leader. Nicky halley has 0 chance. Pompeo may have a shot. thats as sane as the republican party will get.

You get the republican leader is chosen by the people right? the party heads dont choose. The republican members arent going back to the romneys/bushes/mccains. Most of them now despise the old school republicans almost as much as they hate the clintons and obama.

trump jnr, or one of the nuts from fox news will be overwhelmingy favourites for the next republican leader. Nicky halley has 0 chance. Pompeo may have a shot. thats as sane as the republican party will get.
There are plenty of ways the party heads can game the system to cut off a candidate. They tried and failed with Trump, but Don Jr is no Don Sr. Many of the traditional Republicans were strange bedfellows with Trump; they still voted for him because they wanted power. But they don’t want that lunatic fringe Trump galvanised in their camp and I don’t think others will have that ability to galvanise them in the same way to run roughshod over the established Republicans a second time. The Democrats will paint the past four years as a horrible experiment gone wrong with the backing of plenty of Republicans.

Last edited:
It will be fascinating to see how the Murdoch press now treats Trump and his hangers on.

Now that Trump is no longer president, will they try to throw him under the bus and persuade the GOP to pivot back towards the establishment. It's hard to imagine how that would play out.

Fundamentally, Trump probably remains an influential force within the GOP. If he doesn't run in 2024, you can imagine his endorsement being sought by the other candidates. His supporters are the audience Fox News cultivates. For as long as that is true, how can they cast him aside?

He increasingly reminds me of Le Pen in France, with the National Front the best analogy in the West for whatever passes as Trumpism.

Why is up to Trump or the United States to keep Hungry as a democracy? Why can’t the EU and it’s nations be the influencer? Why is up to the USA?
It should be both. But the example of the US has been the more powerful force since WW2. Obviously the EU is more proximate to Hungary so you ask a fair question. But further afield, in Asia let's say, the promotion of democracy is in the US interests and the US is better equipped than the EU to make the case.

It will be fascinating to see how the Murdoch press now treats Trump and his hangers on.

Now that Trump is no longer president, will they try to throw him under the bus and persuade the GOP to pivot back towards the establishment. It's hard to imagine how that would play out.

Fundamentally, Trump probably remains an influential force within the GOP. If he doesn't run in 2024, you can imagine his endorsement being sought by the other candidates. His supporters are the audience Fox News cultivates. For as long as that is true, how can they cast him aside?

He increasingly reminds me of Le Pen in France, with the National Front the best analogy in the West for whatever passes as Trumpism.

If the rumours of Trump TV are true, Murdoch will eviscerate him

Murdoch was never fond of friendly competition

He is also an accelerant.
I agree. In the order of those who benefit from heightened division and tension in the USA, the people themselves are right at the bottom.

That entire political and media monster needs to be fed with interaction and passionate involvement.

We will run into a wall eventually where the politicans don't want to act, even with all the power, because it will burn up all the handful of goals from their term in power. The media will have stirred up tensions and the people will get very upset at nothing being done.

That's started happening now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back