News New Sydney logo leaked

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans had one of the best logos! why the hell change it
The Opera House Trust have asked all Sydney teams in different sports to pay for the use of the iconic Opera House design in their logos.

I don’t think it looks that bad, similar yet different. I assume it will be always present on a white square.

I hope this doesn't mean a change in guernsey, although this logo change may mean a complete departure from anything resembling the Opera House. What a shame.
This is pure speculation, but it could look like this

Attachments

• Sydney-Uniform2021.png
    Sydney-Uniform2021.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 374
  • Sydney-Uniform2021b.png
    Sydney-Uniform2021b.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 363
It looks a bit unbalanced, but I don't mind it: the swan itself is well-drawn (and the opera house motif is OK under the circumstances). Prefer the current (previous?) logo though. If the jumper has to change I'd hope they just revert to the traditional red V, however I think Mero's depiction above is an astute guess!

I don’t mind it, but then I was in a minority who didn’t really love the old one.

Most interesting for me is it just says Sydney rather than Sydney Swans. From a branding POV, the club have historically always attached the Swans moniker to their name and not simply gone by Sydney to avoid conflicts with teams in other sports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back