Toast The Dull Fans Club

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't sure whether to post this or not - but another thing I've taught myself in 'rona times is how to make very, very high quality THC oil. I'm basically Walter White of THC oil. (No, I don't sell - just use myself and provide to a small handful of friends with genuine need.)

This is my type of club. This week I mowed the back lawn but was unable to finish the job because the green bin was full. I have tried to tell people of my frustration but nobody seems to care.
You could go next door and ask your neighbors if you can use their green bin. Or you could use the clippings as mulch on
the rest of the garden. I know, it's a bit of dilemma and disappointing that others don't support you at such a difficult time.

I like to watch replays of the 2020 grand final with the radio station calls.

I have watched it listening to Sen 3AW MMM and ABC.

Dusty's last goal is best enjoyed with the SEN broadcast IMHO. The second half on triple M sounds like a funeral.

The trick with that is to synch up the vision and the audio.

Sometimes you have to pause the vision for a second until the sound catches up. Sometimes it goes the other way, and you need to pause the radio call. I have the radio broadcast playing on my lap top and watch it on the big screen.

I bought the GF DVD on tuesday from JB HIFI. It's really not a very high quality recording, but they will do a Premiers pack later on that will be tremendous high definition.

My 8 year old nephew is a computer genius, and he is convinced he can set it all up for me so I just press play and it all comes together.

I miss the olden days when we did mixed tapes on the TDK cassette, and the height of my technical abilities was recording a movie orf the TV but pausing the VCR when the commercials came on, so when you watched it back it was miraculously ad free.

When I'm not watching the football I enjoy worm farming and walks along the beach.

I also own a 1985 VK Holden Calais 5.0 V8 with 103000 kms on the clock. It's really not a very good driving car, so I do not drive it often. Me uncle Spiro left me that in his will, with instructions to guard the thing with my life and never sell it.

It's a dark reddish cedar colour and features coppertone leather seats, sunroof, and is powered by a quadrajet carburetor.

He was supposed to buy a VK Group A Brock 'Blue Meanie' which was about $6000 more, but his missus at the time couldn't drive manual. The group A is now worth a billion dollars.

The Calais is worth about $30,000ish. I saw one on carsales for $50K once.

For many reasons 1985 was a big car year for Spiro, and Brocky almost won Bathurst in his HDT VK without a windscreen. The scrutineers also made them kick out the back window so the wind wouldn't flip the car.

I know this because I heard about the open air Bathurst Commodore every Christmas Dinner.

Before he went to the big holden car show in the sky, I asked Spiro why this car meant so much to him.

"Because they don't make cars like this anymore, all plastic crap nowadays. Plus, it's in mint condition fu**en!"

Fair enough.

I offended him once when I referred to the VK Calais as a Maltese Rolls Royce. Even though he wasn't Maltese, Spiro did not like those comments about his car.

Possibly the best thing I can do with this is hang a Richmond scarf out the window, and do a massive burnout down the street. No one knows what the future holds.
majestic.

I store seeds in empty matchboxes
Saving-Chili-Pepper-Seeds-Growing2.jpg

redheads-safety-matches-handypack-1.png

I have a bunch of VCR tapes of Swans games from the mid 90s under the house that I have never watched.
I am thinking of arranging them in date order this weekend, unless I can think of something else to do.
I don't own a VCR player anymore.

i hear they make Guantanamo bay inmates watch pre 1996 swans games on repeat.

cruel and unusual punishment.

i hear they make Guantanamo bay inmates watch pre 1996 swans games on repeat.
cruel and unusual punishment.

Don't be like that. We won 8 games in '95 with the arrival of Plugger, Roos and Maxfield. They were heady times.
Well at least compared to our illustrious 1992-94 seasons. Weirdly a number of the tapes from the early 90s
were water damaged and now are lost to history and won't need filing in "The Archive" under the house next to
my collection of vintage window handles.

Don't be like that. We won 8 games in '95 with the arrival of Plugger, Roos and Maxfield. They were heady times.
Well at least compared to our illustrious 1992-94 seasons. Weirdly a number of the tapes from the early 90s
were water damaged and now are lost to history and won't need filing in "The Archive" under the house next to
my collection of vintage window handles.

95 was ok, but we lost to some some pretty average teams in there, and beat fitzroy twice.

id probably only rewatch us spanking carlton and lockett kicking 16 straight against fitzroy that year. beating north, essendon and adelaide twice wasnt bad either.

95 was ok, but we lost to some some pretty average teams in there, and beat fitzroy twice.

id probably only rewatch us spanking carlton and lockett kicking 16 straight against fitzroy that year. beating north, essendon and adelaide twice wasnt bad either.
Ah, the memories. We went out to the Western Oval or whatever it was called the next year hoping to see Plugger
repeat the dose and unfortunately he only kicked 9 (former lawn mower man Troy Luff got 3). My oldest was just a
toddler at the time and he slipped over and hurt himself prompting a bunch of Fitzroy supporters nearby to
burst out laughing. The AFL got wind of this and threw the club out of the comp a few months later. That seemed
fair to me at the time. Will have to check if I have a tape of that game under the house.

Ah, the memories. We went out to the Western Oval or whatever it was called the next year hoping to see Plugger
repeat the dose and unfortunately he only kicked 9 (former lawn mower man Troy Luff got 3). My oldest was just a
toddler at the time and he slipped over and hurt himself prompting a bunch of Fitzroy supporters nearby to
burst out laughing. The AFL got wind of this and threw the club out of the comp a few months later. That seemed
fair to me at the time. Will have to check if I have a tape of that game under the house.

i was there in 96 too. i was 9 and remember dad taking me and telling me it was probably going to be the last time i would ever see fitzroy play live.

wish i was old enough to appreciate it, i just went home disappointed the lockett only kicked 9.

i was there in 96 too. i was 9 and remember dad taking me and telling me it was probably going to be the last time i would ever see fitzroy play live.

wish i was old enough to appreciate it, i just went home disappointed the lockett only kicked 9.

Yeah, only 9 goals. A pretty poor effort by the big fella. What was he thinking? Times have changed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to serve dinner but there was some rice stuck to the bowls that hadn't come off after they went through the dishwasher. I had to scrub and pick it all off. We'll have to be a bit more vigilant about bowls when packing them away, I guess. I should also have given the bowls a bit of a rinse before loading them in the washer.

I bought some workboots at Kmart last night and I'm way too pleased with how they look.

This is my type of club. This week I mowed the back lawn but was unable to finish the job because the green bin was full. I have tried to tell people of my frustration but nobody seems to care.

Don't use the grass catcher. I have to mow every couple of weeks and I just let the clippings fling off to the side and spread themselves around. Then they dissolve back into the earth and feed the new grass. It's the circle of life

I go out and pick a handful of blueberries each morning to top off our bircher muesli. They are ripening quicker than we can eat them but I can't be bothered picking and freezing them, so they will rot on the bushes. Why wouldn't they just ripen a few at a time?.

I go out and pick a handful of blueberries each morning to top off our bircher muesli. They are ripening quicker than we can eat them but I can't be bothered picking and freezing them, so they will rot on the bushes. Why wouldn't they just ripen a few at a time?.
If your neighbours have chickens, chuck the berries over the fence for the chooks to eat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back