The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right..

Plenty have said that Trump represented a protest from people who felt oppressed under the political system and unheard. Plenty have said that people were deceived into voting for Trump thinking he would drain the swamp when he didn't.

Just as plenty said people voted for Brexit based on misinformation and lies.

Those people then voted for the same parties/outcomes the second time around.

Not sure why the tweet was so contentious. He got more votes than he did the first time around, that is an appalling indictment on an America happy to elect a racist.
And people still think that and want to give him four more years to do that. Most people don't change their minds once they are fixed on something.

The tweet wasn't contentious, more just that it's irrelevant information that doesn't matter in any context. Something Don Jr would post to praise his father.

And people still think that and want to give him four more years to do that. Most people don't change their minds once they are fixed on something.

The tweet wasn't contentious, more just that it's irrelevant information that doesn't matter in any context. Something Don Jr would post to praise his father.

Right.. which is appalling.

Welcome to the world.

PS: Brexit was based on some lies but people in Britain still have the empire mentality and that was the main reason.

I'm confused at what you think is being argued here.

Brexit was also something that wasnt really party political.

Boris was in favour, but May/Cameron were dead against. Corbyn didnt commit one way or the other but was known to be anti EC iirc.

Agreed somewhat, but the sense - at least from the Brits I see on Twitter (mainly Northerners in fairness) was that a vote for Boris would reaffirm the desire to Leave, and there was a push to repudiate that by voting for Corbyn even if he wasn't explicitly a Remainer. The definitive result for Boris was pretty affirming for Brexit.

I'm confused at what you think is being argued here.

Yeah.

To clarify Bradesmaen, the point that tweet was making (and that I agree with) is how incredible it is that after everything Trump has said and done during his first term - his divisive politics, the blatant corruption and deliberate attempts to dismantle American democracy, his abject failure to lead the country through the pandemic, etc - people are still willing to turn out to support him in massive numbers (albeit not a majority). You know exactly what you’re getting from him at this point, it’s not a protest vote anymore.

No problem with people voting left or right wing, I’ve done both in my time. But I always assumed that even the most dyed in the wool voters would have a deal breaker - a point where they decide they can’t follow their candidate any further down the road, and either abstain or switch sides.

For 69 million+ Americans, Trump hasn’t crossed that line yet, which makes me wonder - do they have a line? What would he have to do to lose their support?

Last edited:
Yeah.

To clarify Bradesmaen, the point that tweet was making (and that I agree with) is how incredible it is that after everything Trump has said and done during his first term - his divisive politics, the blatant corruption and deliberate attempts to dismantle American democracy, his abject failure to lead the country through the pandemic, etc - people are still willing to turn out to support him in massive numbers (albeit not a majority). You know exactly what you’re getting from him at this point, it’s not a protest vote anymore.

No problem with people voting left or right wing, I’ve done both in my time. But I always assumed that even the most dyed in the wool voters would have a deal breaker - a point where they decide they can’t follow their candidate any further down the road, and either abstain or switch sides.

For 69 million+ Americans, Trump hasn’t crossed that line yet, which makes me wonder - what would he have to do to lose their support?
Nothing mate. They will follow him blindly until the world ends. He could be responsible for the world ending and they would still find a way to support him.

Yeah.

For 69 million+ Americans, Trump hasn’t crossed that line yet, which makes me wonder - do they have a line? What would he have to do to lose their support?
Run for the Democrats.

It's just not listening to what people supposedly think sounds cool to feel important about for one day a year. If people are that disgusted on cup day they should be as vocal every day about the industry. Worse would be going on at Doomben in Feb than on cup day. And heck if these people have half a heart they'd all be steering clear of caged eggs and even more disgusted at greyhound racing which with less money and media coverage is far more brutal.

But the majority are just fishing 50 likes on a FB status.
Yeah, as I said.

Person expresses concern about A.

But, you didn't express concern about B, C, D, E, F. So your a hypocrite.
One of the oldest songs in the hymn book.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the idiot said this time?
he said something like that he won with the legal ballots and is going to lose due to the illegal ballots received afterwards to try and steal the election. I switched off after that point

What's the idiot said this time?
Exactly what you'd expect really.

We won the election but now they're counting fraudulent votes because all the mail in votes are coming in Biden for some reason (hint: it's cos he told his supporters not to use them) and the whole process is fraudulent and we have so much evidence and so much proof (he doesn't).

It's just going to incite his followers who don't realise that he pulled the wool over their eyes and can't figure out why mail in votes are overwhelmingly Biden.

That he's won and the Dems are trying to steal the election.
he said something like that he won with the legal ballots and is going to lose due to the illegal ballots received afterwards to try and steal the election. I switched off after that point
JFC.

He has no shame and will never, ever be gracious in defeat.

Exactly what you'd expect really.

We won the election but now they're counting fraudulent votes because all the mail in votes are coming in Biden for some reason (hint: it's cos he told his supporters not to use them) and the whole process is fraudulent and we have so much evidence and so much proof (he doesn't).

It's just going to incite his followers who don't realise that he pulled the wool over their eyes and can't figure out why mail in votes are overwhelmingly Biden.
It is bizarre how brainwashed they are by him. Scary.

It is bizarre how brainwashed they are by him. Scary.

Is it?

There's plenty of historical similarities.

The USA is in the s**t in a lot of areas. They hear what they want to hear and will believe anything.

I was referring to a brainwashed community.

But keep missing the point. Over and over again.

Yeah Cruyff, remember that time Teddy Roosevelt claimed he won an election that he actually lost and all his supporters rioted and supported him?
Did Roosevelt's secretary of defense feel the need to write his resignation letter, because it appears that Trump's has.

What's his issue do you think?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was referring to a brainwashed community.

But keep missing the point. Over and over again.

Come on mate we all know the historical examples when it comes to Hitler etc. but clearly the shock is this happening in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back