News New Sydney logo leaked

Remove this Banner Ad

Have I missed something?
I didn't know you could own or copyright silhouettes?

I get someone probably owns the Opera House (although I would have thought it was owned by the government) and own images of it ' but skylines would be public domain?
It is owned by the government, in form of the opera house trust. There has been an arrangement by all teams using the logo with the trust, of varying values. The Kings were paying a small fee but when that deal was up the trust decided, as is there right, to make the fee more commercially sound; which led to the kings dropping the house. There was suggestions it would affect the other Sydney teams. Whether this is a direct result of this is still up in the air.

Could the red knob thing on the bill also be a reference to the bloods, kinda looks like a blood droplet, or is that reaching?

96370520_10156688097631324_3151134406047956992_o.jpg

Same type as this from their 2020 membership campaign

"A club spokesperson confirmed its authenticity and that the Swans had been planning to launch a fresh visual identity for some time - but said it has not been triggered by any increased financial demands by the Sydney Opera House Trust."

"The club spokesperson also said there will be no change to the Swans' guernsey, which has had the 'feathers' design at its heart since 1987."

Announcement coming today too according to article.

"A club spokesperson confirmed its authenticity and that the Swans had been planning to launch a fresh visual identity for some time - but said it has not been triggered by any increased financial demands by the Sydney Opera House Trust."

"The club spokesperson also said there will be no change to the Swans' guernsey, which has had the 'feathers' design at its heart since 1987."

I think it's interesting that the club is going with a bold new "SYDNEY" wordmark, omitting any reference to the Swans nickname in the logo. I wonder if this may mean a change to the way the club is referred to on AFL fixtures, etc? I wouldn't bet on it, but it's a point of discussion all the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's interesting that the club is going with a bold new "SYDNEY" wordmark, omitting any reference to the Swans nickname in the logo. I wonder if this may mean a change to the way the club is referred to on AFL fixtures, etc? I wouldn't bet on it, but it's a point of discussion all the same.
I personally think the Swans have been in Sydney long enough they should be able to stand on their two feet and just be Sydney now.
If they haven't spent the last (nearly what, 40 years?) Building their brand to this point what in the hell have they been doing? Thats 2-3 generations.

And yeah, I know - Sydneysiders don't really care but I travel to Sydney a bit for work and it's not as forgotten about as some say

Same reason why Melbourne changed their logo to say MELBOURNE

Nice.. see they like to call the jumper feathers on over the SOH

The Kings actually swapped their logo back to the Opera House sails, so I'm not sure if the copyright thing is still an issue.
Has there been a dispute with this as well?
1604627434185.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back