Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was me, I would try and do one of the following ( later pick swaps to be added)

8, 51 for Lions 19, future 1st and Payne

Or

8, 51 for Cats 20, future 1st and De Koning

19 or 20 for Saad

Get the KPD we need

Go into next year with 2 1sts
Why would Geelong give 20, 15-18 and DeKoning who was 19. Seems significant overs.

They have a ridiculous amount of money to move on.
The 4 players mentioned account for nearly 1/5 of their salary cap.

If that’s the case then Coll need to contribute a fair % of these players salaries for a club to seriously consider picking them up.

If it was me, I would try and do one of the following ( later pick swaps to be added)

8, 51 for Lions 19, future 1st and Payne

Or

8, 51 for Cats 20, future 1st and De Koning

19 or 20 for Saad

Get the KPD we need

Go into next year with 2 1sts
Would be awesome if either of those trades came off...
But would you do them if you were Geelong or Brisbane?

Is this injury crocked rubbish still going on? He averages 19.2 games a season over his career. It was a 20.3 average taking away this season. He averages 5 more games per season than Patrick Cripps does. This injury crocked thing about Treloar is a pile of crap.
How many games has he missed in the last two or three years?

Hamstrings occur with more frequency with age. It's interesting to note that the number of games missed is trending up over time. This usually indicates the issues will increase in frequency and severity.

Both great trades....big wins for us either way. Now for the difficult task of getting Bris or Geel to agree

I think both would be open to the trade

Cats need a better pick for Cameron and adding him would allow them to keep Esava, rather than DeKoning they would still have a 1st rounde to take to the draft

Same with the Lions, have a strong list, adding pick 8 quality rather 2 speculative picks late in either year. Adding JD, would force them to put McStay back with Andrew's and Gardiner, pushes Payne back in the pecking order

Collingwood agree to pay 300K per year for his contract, and we renegotiate the payment structure to suit us. Plenty of options really. And this hamstring thing is bogus. He averages more than 19 games a season over his career and goes up to more than 20 games a season average if you take out this year, where he only played 10 games.
So he only played about 60% of games this year?

What's the new obsession with Fogarty, he rates average or below average in all categories... No more Geelong spuds...

Treloar it's just too much money for mine, recon there must be a reason he is the one getting the flick and it's not money...
Would rather spend that much on a Oliver, Merrett or Kelly or lesser amount on a JDG (if played in middle and got him super fit he would be a weapon)

Reckon’ Fogarty would fit a need & position, therefore a good trade acquisition. Injuries have hurt him of late. Impressed in his first season but beware the GFC offcuts, especially the ones that land at Princes Park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think it will happen, but I would have a look at Treloar for sure.

It's not often players of this calibre are actively pushed out the door.

Not worried about the contract, 5 years is a long time but with Collingwood seemingly forcing him out, they will pay a chunk of his salary.

There is a real opportunity here for clubs to pick up an excellent footballer.

I'd gladly take Treloar for 5 years at around 600k.

Not worried about the contract, 5 years is a long time but with Collingwood seemingly forcing him out, they will pay a chunk of his salary.

I wouldn't take on a 5 year tenure for Treloar not at 600K

3 years.

Not worried about the contract, 5 years is a long time but with Collingwood seemingly pushing him out the door, they will pay a chunk of his salary.

We’d best be careful throwing around 5+yrs contracts Willy Nilly. Locked in a few to bring players across; McGovern, Martin, Williams, Saad.
I liked what Sam Jacob’s said that 3yrs was enough for a vote of confidence in a player from a club.

I wouldn't take on a 5 year tenure for Treloar not at 600K

Why not? Think he can certainly see out that tenure. Front load the contract so there's no big hit to the cap if he doesn't.

Has 5 years remaining on his current contract. He won't be ripping that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back