Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rest assured, Austin is holding his own. He won’t get bent over in the Saad trade. Either way, there’s options there for him to find an outcome which is good for Carlton In the Saad deal and to keep a strong enough hand for other potential targets in this period.

Thanks for the update Reg.

Ralphy is now saying the Pies are willing to pay 100k for each year of Treloar's 4.5 million contract,but had no interest as yet. No wonder😂😂

Funny that.
They may want to re-look at that $100k payment per year me thinks.

swuzzlebubble

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2007
Royal Pde
AFL Club
Carlton
I thought players got new contracts when they were traded.

What is this talk about Collingwood paying his current one if he moves on?
Because he wouldn't agree to be traded if it meant losing too much of the contract he has. No club can afford or wish to meet the current terms. So the only way it can work is if Collingwood pay a portion (in their TPP) and new club pays the balance.
Collingwood will end up paying $800k-$1m I expect.

Yep, amazing how many people become medical experts when a player has some sort of injury.

Lots of mention of hamstring trouble, yet no mention of him having come back from these supposed crippling injuries twice - and playing very good football each time.

The medical team will look closely, if they are confident the hamstrings won't be a significant issue, who are we to suggest we know differently?

I reckon its the combination of all 3 J.
Length of contract, the $$$$ associated with that contract, and his hamstrings.
Add up all of those 3, and its just too big a risk. And he's going to be 28 before round 1 next year.

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
What a pack of dirty pricks...

They backend contracts and then when it's time to pay up they try and ship them off by humiliating them so they don't have to make good on their deal...

I hope no club comes to the party here and they're forced to keep him and pay up.

On the bright side, we certainly have become a bit of a destination club... we're heading in the right direction and more importantly no one wants out.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Rest assured, Austin is holding his own. He won’t get bent over in the Saad trade. Either way, there’s options there for him to find an outcome which is good for Carlton In the Saad deal and to keep a strong enough hand for other potential targets in this period.

Fantastic news reg and great to see you 👍

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Treloar is a funny one. It sounds as if he is almost a FA in that his trade price will be so cheap. If you could talk him into forfeiting say ~$50k and get Collingwood to pay enough that his contract is closer to $800k then I could understand us taking the risk. It should instantly make us a contender and as we have seen and been saying the last 5 years, players take less to stay and go to contenders so from now on overpaying shouldn’t be an issue for us.

The Greek Freak

All Australian
Sep 10, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Treloar is a funny one. It sounds as if he is almost a FA in that his trade price will be so cheap. If you could talk him into forfeiting say ~$50k and get Collingwood to pay enough that his contract is closer to $800k then I could understand us taking the risk. It should instantly make us a contender and as we have seen and been saying the last 5 years, players take less to stay and go to contenders so from now on overpaying shouldn’t be an issue for us.
800k is still too much. Given there's a few things for concern there.
I think we'd be better to stock up and go for Oliver or Merrett next year. Treloar would make that not an option. His best fit I think is the Dogs.

Stickitupthem

Team Captain
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Beams deal the gift that just keeps giving
Eddies head must be exploding knowing if their not careful with how they handle this unfair targeting and bullying
Adam might take up painting whilst receiving full pay and not play what a legacy Ed’s leaving the club in let’s help them out and take stevo and Daics for pick next yrs first

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Continued here ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back