Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Next Political/US Election post I see will earn that poster a thread ban.

Several reminders have been posted.

POLITICS DOES NOT BELONG ON OUR BOARD.

Thanks all!

800k is still too much. Given there's a few things for concern there.
I think we'd be better to stock up and go for Oliver or Merrett next year. Treloar would make that not an option. His best fit I think is the Dogs.
It's 800 now though before any renegotiation or Collingwood contribution.
The key with the risk is to rejig it to a base + games arrangement.
If we're paying 600 have that as 400 + 10 per game.

Sorry for being slow to the party... but who are the four Collingwood players eating up their salary cap? Treloar, Stephenson, and who are the other two?

Cox & Phillips perhaps, as the ones in the trade firing line..?

I wouldn’t think that Brodie Grundy’s 7 year, $7M contract he signed in January would have helped. Funnily enough it’s probably too long and too much money to lump onto another club, so they are shopping around Treloar and Stephenson instead. What a disaster!. 😂

I wouldn’t think that Brodie Grundy’s 7 year, $7M contract he signed in January would have helped. Funnily enough it’s probably too long and too much money to lump onto another club, so they are shopping around Treloar and Stephenson instead. 😂
+ Beams

Just goes to show that you got to be very smart with your player payments and I would hope that Carlton are paying very close attention to Collingwood. I do hope that after front loading contracts for players, that the contract averages work out to be less than our captains and everyone else follows behind Cripps and Doc. Start a traditional and continue to chase players smartly.

We’d best be careful throwing around 5+yrs contracts Willy Nilly. Locked in a few to bring players across; McGovern, Martin, Williams, Saad.
I liked what Sam Jacob’s said that 3yrs was enough for a vote of confidence in a player from a club.
Get Willy Nilly!!

Collingwood have balled up their salary cap and rebuild. Thank God we have sure up key position players and drafted a lot of young midfielders. They did it without suring up good young tales and have had to pay to bring in missing minds and KPP. Signing Grundy up on a huge salary, it doesn't matter how good he is, he's a ruckman and not worth it. Would have been better trading him for an honest ruckman and chasing someone like Cameron on big dollars. They were so close to a flag and being serious contenders for years but lacked decent talks in that grand final and still have no good talks up forward. Paying overs for Beams, Treloar and Grundy etc.

Thank God we have a lot of young minds on the list and talks are mostly sured up. Lets just hope they are quality and come through.

SOS did a brilliant job managing our salary cap, drafted all the expensive types that would cost us 1M to poach from other clubs. Used salary dumps, as much as fans didn't like them, we used them well. Don't overpay our own. Now we're bringing in Williams, Saad and looking at Oliver types. It's a good cap to have

Treloar's contract doesn't match his hamstrings so unless there is a drasric regeneration there we should stay away.

Yep, amazing how many people become medical experts when a player has some sort of injury.

Lots of mention of hamstring trouble, yet no mention of him having come back from these supposed crippling injuries twice - and playing very good football each time.

The medical team will look closely, if they are confident the hamstrings won't be a significant issue, who are we to suggest we know differently?

I will put it this way then...

I would be shocked, if the club invested in a 28 year old, with 5 years to run on a back ended contract, with what now seems to be the start of ongoing soft tissue injuries

It's 800 now though before any renegotiation or Collingwood contribution.
The key with the risk is to rejig it to a base + games arrangement.
If we're paying 600 have that as 400 + 10 per game.
Very doubtful he renegotiates his contract and forgoes any money he's owed.

800k is still too much. Given there's a few things for concern there.
I think we'd be better to stock up and go for Oliver or Merrett next year. Treloar would make that not an option. His best fit I think is the Dogs.
I’d prefer both those players but there is zero guarantee that either will want to come, I also think he is a better fit for us then Oliver. if a bid is matched they will also cost a lot more by the sounds of things .

it’s a risk and I really have no idea what I’d do if I was in charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d prefer both those players but there is zero guarantee that either will want to come, I also think he is a better fit for us then Oliver. if a bid is matched they will also cost a lot more by the sounds of things .

it’s a risk and I really have no idea what I’d do if I was in charge.
Yeah of course by no means a certainty. But I'd definitely favour the Oliver/Merrett option. They both have age on their side and don't have the injury issues.

And would hamstring us being able to chase Oliver/Merrett next year
These two won’t happen, this year or next. There’s a Superstar and budding superstar of our own waiting in the wings to sign multi-year contracts already. Add Williams and Saad contracts and we will be tight anyway.

Theres been dialogue on here already that we won’t be going after Treloar, which I think is a mistake myself, but you medical expert cats continue to chase that light on the floor (Merrett/Oliver/Wines) while the sky falls in over our ‘obvious’ Saad trade dramas. Coz Higgins who had significant life medical issues is ok to get in, on a significant contract, but Treloar is not. Some people, myself included sometimes, need to stick to Sunday expert status coz many of us, have NFI.

You want to keep Crippa and attract other guns, well taking a chance on 3 gun ball getters is a huge start. Yes, the third is Treloar. Just my two bob minus tax assessment.

Bloody shameful what Collingwood is doing to Treloar.

So they have got their salary cap in a pickle... they are prioritising keeping an out of contract player who is currently facing sexual assult charges over a player with a 5 year contract, who is a consumate professional and good all round family man.

Have these clowns got rocks in their heads?

Absolute disgrace they are pushing Treloar out. Hope he takes it up with the AFLPA.

"Collingwood have bullied me out, used my wife and my anxeity issues as a reason agaisnt me, and put me in a position where I can't return to the club.

The best offer I could get was for 4 years at $600 from Carlton/hawks/melb. AFLPA help me get the money from Collingwood we agreed upon and we both commited to in contract"

What a pathetic thing to do to him. Their list management team should be sacked as soon as trade period is over.

agreed. You’d think AT probably can take a reduced contract elsewhere and sue Collingwood for the balance.

Re. Treloar - As usual, it's not what you do but how you do it and haven't Collingwood made a mess of the treatment of Treloar, if reports are true.
It's one thing having to move a player on, but if they used excuses such as "You won't cope without your family" or "Your team-mates don't want you"....poor.
It wouldn't surprise me if the whole Beams saga set the dominoes in motion.

It's hard to get a read on what Collingwood are thinking here, other than to move money out at all cost, for poor List Management.
Adams has been good for them but Pendlebury is 33, Sidebottom is a slow 30 and after that it's a hotch-potch of mids in; Sier, Elliott, Brown, Witts.....
Where are their midfielders?

Collingwood have an odd-balanced list. Wouldn't surprise to see them drop out of the eight next year and no 'gun' Daicos is going to help, the following.

What a pack of dirty pricks...

They backend contracts and then when it's time to pay up they try and ship them off by humiliating them so they don't have to make good on their deal...

I hope no club comes to the party here and they're forced to keep him and pay up.

On the bright side, we certainly have become a bit of a destination club... we're heading in the right direction and more importantly no one wants out.

BF I genuinely feel sorry for Trealor but you’re right...I hope nobody bails the dirty bastards out...they don’t deserve it and more to the point, any players wanting to go there in the future take note how they treat loyalty!!
Quite frankly they are a bunch of frauds.

Definitely wouldn't say they wouldn't happen next year, Merrett especially. Is it likely? Probably not. But I can guarantee you we're not just going to put the cue in the rack because it's unlikely.

Have always said Oliver wouldn't happen this year and I couldn't believe people still realistically thought he'd be a chance.

As for the Saad dramas that's only if you believe everything Tom Browne and every other biased media nuff trot out.

Also where did I say we should be getting Higgins on a "significant" contract?

And lastly I doubt Collingwood would consider letting him get to us anyway.

Was it shearing day yesterday and you're still dark about being defiled or just roll out the wrong side of the barn this morning?

(Replying to sheepy, forgot to hit reply 🤦‍♂️)

What a pack of dirty pricks...

They backend contracts and then when it's time to pay up they try and ship them off by humiliating them so they don't have to make good on their deal...

I hope no club comes to the party here and they're forced to keep him and pay up.

On the bright side, we certainly have become a bit of a destination club... we're heading in the right direction and more importantly no one wants out.
Agree, very poor form from a mob who seemed to be very well run. Good to see the Filth and the Scum imploding.

Definitely wouldn't say they wouldn't happen next year, Merrett especially. Is it likely? Probably not. But I can guarantee you we're not just going to put the cue in the rack because it's unlikely.

Have always said Oliver wouldn't happen this year and I couldn't believe people still realistically thought he'd be a chance.

As for the Saad dramas that's only if you believe everything Tom Browne and every other biased media nuff trot out.

Also where did I say we should be getting Higgins on a "significant" contract?

And lastly I doubt Collingwood would consider letting him get to us anyway.

Was it shearing day yesterday and you're still dark about defiled or just roll out the wrong side of the barn this morning?

(Replying to sheepy, forgot to hit reply 🤦‍♂️)
Just stick to the facts and read the post again. Don’t need to get personal. Like a lot on here, you have read part of the post and think it’s a direct attack on you. The first paragraph answers your post, the second is a generalised comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back