Teams Miami Dolphins - The Fins

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
What do we all think of the way the transition to Tua has played out over the past two days? I don't think the organisation could of handled it any worse, to be honest, which is very frustrating. It should of been a pretty simple scenario.
how was it handled bad. i am sure fitz wouldve known all along he was warming the seat for tua this year.

Elvis

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins, LFC, NY Rangers
well I think Flores has come out to say he regrets how the news came out, and how guys found out via the media/instragram etc. To the point where he is to apologise to the team in his words. So theres that bit of sloppiness.

The underlying point is right knowing that this is inevitably Tua's team. The timing after a comprehensive win (mind you, the Jets) is perhaps the surprise. I wonder if the talk about Herbert has spooked the Fins into accelerating the advancement of Tua.

I'm excited to see it unfold

mitchmcleod

Draftee
Oct 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
how was it handled bad. i am sure fitz wouldve known all along he was warming the seat for tua this year.

No doubt Fitz was the place holder, he admitted it himself today. But for the players not to be told before it reached the press was dissapointing. Also, I don't think the organisation had anticipated Fitz would be so shattered and honest in his presser today. The players have all openly been behind Fitz so far this season and to have this sprung on him after a pretty decent season so far might cause a few interesting conversations in the locker room.

With all that being said I cannot wait to see Tua, I'm so bloody excited!

mitchmcleod

Draftee
Oct 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
well I think Flores has come out to say he regrets how the news came out, and how guys found out via the media/instragram etc. To the point where he is to apologise to the team in his words. So theres that bit of sloppiness.

The underlying point is right knowing that this is inevitably Tua's team. The timing after a comprehensive win (mind you, the Jets) is perhaps the surprise. I wonder if the talk about Herbert has spooked the Fins into accelerating the advancement of Tua.

I'm excited to see it unfold
Hopefully our decisions aren't being determined by what's happening elsewhere. Surely Flo sees us in a playoff race and playing Tua is our best chance to get to the post season based on what he's shown at practice etc etc.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Hopefully our decisions aren't being determined by what's happening elsewhere. Surely Flo sees us in a playoff race and playing Tua is our best chance to get to the post season based on what he's shown at practice etc etc.
Fitz has pockets of excellent play before regressing to his mean, becoming a turnover merchant and costing his team games. Tua is your future and IMO, if he's ready, Miami is making the right move.

mitchmcleod

Draftee
Oct 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Fitz has pockets of excellent play before regressing to his mean, becoming a turnover merchant and costing his team games. Tua is your future and IMO, if he's ready, Miami is making the right move.
Touche mate. At least he's gone out after a decent showing in 2020.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
wow, sir....

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports one of the reasons the Dolphins are starting Tua Tagovailoa over Ryan Fitzpatrick is so they can evaluate whether to draft a quarterback in 2021.
Coach Brian Flores has already tried to deflect this storyline, but Miami has Houston’s first and second round picks next spring. With the Texans headed for a bottom-five finish, it would put the Dolphins in position to draft another quarterback if they didn't believe Tagovailoa was the future. It is still highly unlikely this turns into a Cardinals situation where the Dolphins are one and done with Tua, but it is never too early to begin evaluating your first-round quarterback, especially if they entered the league with a serious hip injury on their résumé. Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence, Ohio State’s Justin Fields, and North Dakota’s Trey Lance are considered the top quarterbacks in 2021's draft class.
SOURCE: ESPN
Nov 6, 2020, 9:41 AM ET

wow, sir....

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports one of the reasons the Dolphins are starting Tua Tagovailoa over Ryan Fitzpatrick is so they can evaluate whether to draft a quarterback in 2021.
Coach Brian Flores has already tried to deflect this storyline, but Miami has Houston’s first and second round picks next spring. With the Texans headed for a bottom-five finish, it would put the Dolphins in position to draft another quarterback if they didn't believe Tagovailoa was the future. It is still highly unlikely this turns into a Cardinals situation where the Dolphins are one and done with Tua, but it is never too early to begin evaluating your first-round quarterback, especially if they entered the league with a serious hip injury on their résumé. Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence, Ohio State’s Justin Fields, and North Dakota’s Trey Lance are considered the top quarterbacks in 2021's draft class.

Clickbait bs.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Clickbait bs.
i dunno.
remember the dolphins tried hard to take the #1 off bengals to take burrow, then tried hard to leapfrog the chargers for herbert. in the end Stephen Ross was bullish for Tua, always has been (old dolphins forum i visited), so it stands to reason Flores himself didnt like Tua, too risky maybe, and sees Lawrence in his sights. Can sell to Ross which QB is better in camp and trade Tua. fanciful, but you never know

i dunno.
remember the dolphins tried hard to take the #1 off bengals to take burrow, then tried hard to leapfrog the chargers for herbert. in the end Stephen Ross was bullish for Tua, always has been (old dolphins forum i visited), so it stands to reason Flores himself didnt like Tua, too risky maybe, and sees Lawrence in his sights. Can sell to Ross which QB is better in camp and trade Tua. fanciful, but you never know

The texans aren't losing more games than the Jets so you can forget Lawerence. That why I know it's bs. There isn't a big enough gap in opinion on Tua and Fields, yet anyway. It would be a sideways move.

I'd be amazed if the Texans pick ends up even being a top 5 pick by the end of the year. They've been much better since O'Brien left.

and teams always try hard to ensure that pick isnt a good one when theyve traded it away

dolphins can package 1sts to move up

Jets aren't trading Lawerence to anyone imo. Will be the usual noise, like with Burrow last year, but they'll select him.

wow, sir....

Shove that Tua performance up your ass Schefter.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tua Tagovailoa (thumb) has been downgraded to doubtful for Week 12's game against the Jets.
Ryan Fitzpatrick certainly will draw the start in an excellent matchup. Tua had been limited all week after jamming his thumb on a helmet, and the team seemingly is siding with caution due to their confidence in backup Fitzpatrick, a player who replaced Tagovailoa last weekend for "performance" reasons. With the Dolphins in the thick of the playoff race, the door for Fitzpatrick to claim the starting job might be wider than initially appeared. After the Jets, the Dolphins face the Bengals in Week 13.
RELATED:
Nov 28, 2020, 1:59 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
theres my conspiracy theory coming into view. i so reckon tua got crunched so hard around the hips in that sack last week, he got benched next play supposedly for performance reasons. but gradually thru the week we got told now hes dealing with injury (thumb). now hes gonna miss another start. reckon he tweaked his hip a little, not a lot, but they want to quell talk

Back