The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Come on mate we all know the historical examples when it comes to Hitler etc. but clearly the shock is this happening in the US.

Personally, I’m not shocked at all Trump has reacted like this and his supporters have taken the loss like this.

How much more evidence have you needed over the last 4 years he’s completely unhinged?

It was one of Clinton’s main debate points against him 4 years ago. When things don’t go his way, he just claims everything is rigged. He has form right throughout his private career also.

Personally, I’m not shocked at all Trump has reacted like this and his supporters have taken the loss like this.

How much more evidence have you needed over the last 4 years he’s completely unhinged?

It was one of Clinton’s main debate points against him 4 years ago. When things don’t go his way, he just claims everything is rigged. He has form right throughout his private career also.

I'm not shocked either, the only shock is how blatantly he is subverting the democratic process. Following from ADL's point on the last page, I am somewhat shocked that his supporters are quite as brainwashed as they are, but this is absolutely a new low in US politics.

I'm not shocked either, the only shock is how blatantly he is subverting the democratic process. Following from ADL's point on the last page, I am somewhat shocked that his supporters are quite as brainwashed as they are, but this is absolutely a new low in US politics.

Hardly.

Trump is just proving to be the worst loser in US political history, but it will all amount to just hot air in the end.

Watergate and the hatchet job Nixon attempted in the coverup and the use of the US intelligence services as political weapons still far exceeds anything Trump has done in the previous 48 hours.

This is a big concern for me too IMO

Hardly.

Trump is just proving to be the worst loser in US political history, but it will all amount to just hot air in the end.

Watergate and the hatchet job Nixon attempted in the coverup and the use of the US intelligence services as political weapons still far exceeds anything Trump has done in the previous 48 hours.
You reckon it's just hot air to his supporters? Rather naive to be honest. His supporters aren't just going to accept it and go home.

You reckon it's just hot air to his supporters? Rather naive to be honest. His supporters aren't just going to accept it and go home.

Donald's ranting will amount to hot air. He can't change the electoral college vote and he's not swaying 5 x Supreme court justices, no matter how many favors he has to call in.

The US looks like they will protest and loot at the drop of the hat for any cause at the moment.

What do you think is going to happen? Civil War?

Donald's ranting will amount to hot air. He can't change the electoral college vote and he's not swaying 5 x Supreme court justices, no matter how many favors he has to call in.

The US looks like they will protest and loot at the drop of the hat for any cause at the moment.

What do you think is going to happen? Civil War?

Is that the same SC he's appointed 3 judges to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was driving to work today and noticing how heavy traffic was mid afternoon...all bottle-necked and hi Derek by public transport...basically back to normal, pre-covid I guess. And I got to thinking about the news out of China and other areas too I guess, when the initial hard lock-downs took place, when they started showing the impact on air pollution and clearing skies. Has there been anything of note since lockdowns ended, showing a stark rise in that pollution again? If there has, I haven’t seen it. I’d be interested to see how quickly it returned and if it is as bad as it was.

Just started watching Lexx on Amazon Prime.

WTF is this show about? It's like a mix of Red Dwarf and Farscape on Acid.

Astounds me that they managed to make 4 seasons out of this rubbish. I will keep watching it for the so bad it's good entertainment value, but honestly its one of the most bizarre and out there shows I have ever seen.

I'm struggling to see how this ends. Is Trump just going to walk away?

Statement just released is being talked about as a step back by Trump. Just doesnt seem like that to me.

In a worst case scenario, I could imagine him going out like President Clarke in Babylon 5 (hopefully it will not come close to that)

Just started watching Lexx on Amazon Prime.

WTF is this show about? It's like a mix of Red Dwarf and Farscape on Acid.

Astounds me that they managed to make 4 seasons out of this rubbish. I will keep watching it for the so bad it's good entertainment value, but honestly its one of the most bizarre and out there shows I have ever seen.

Never even heard of it. What prompted you to watch it?

I was driving to work today and noticing how heavy traffic was mid afternoon...all bottle-necked and hi Derek by public transport...basically back to normal, pre-covid I guess. And I got to thinking about the news out of China and other areas too I guess, when the initial hard lock-downs took place, when they started showing the impact on air pollution and clearing skies. Has there been anything of note since lockdowns ended, showing a stark rise in that pollution again? If there has, I haven’t seen it. I’d be interested to see how quickly it returned and if it is as bad as it was.

Hope everything is back up and running for you smoothly. Should be some significant easing of further restrictions tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back