Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think * will split. Why would they dilute their 7, just to get our 8, especially when dogs want future picks?
*'s preference of course would be to get their hands on our pick 8 to split for their other trades.

The HUN yesterday reported a deal involving a trade of pick 7 to the Cats for 13 and 38, which does make sense. * need to strike a deal with GWS for Caldwell, who want a top 10 pick....pick 13 would probably be a reasonable compromise - Cats get pick 7 to trade for Cameron, and * get Caldwell and 38.

What that would mean though is that * need an additional 1st round pick this year to meet the AFL's drafting criteria - AND they can't trump us in any deal to split our pick. So if we offer them a 1st round pick, whether it's 8, 18 or 19, they pretty much have no other option than to accept it.

Dodo would just hate it if we split our pick :)

If we truly wanted to get in Treloar (not that i'm saying we do), but surely we can make the space.. just trade out one or two? I'm not sure who they be though.

Perhaps McGovern/Casboult to the Dogs? There are question marks on what is happening with Kennedy, he might be another?

The Blues over recent years have shrewdly manoeuvred their TPP to free up space from next year onwards, as reported by AFL Media. But they’ve just picked up Zac Williams and are set to trade in Adam Saad, so it seems unlikely they could take on another significant salary.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...mfDMRCJ6PgIenJHVsXt9KXdpAh-hLQy7qsCYLHVEhJ32g

But do they really want someone there, that doesn't want to be there? Plus North just doesn't seem like that Club..

Yes but the PSD is pretty slim pickings usually. It's not like the National Draft - there may not be a lot of choice.

No one really wants to be there and whether he wants to be there or not North are in for a world of pain over the next few years and couldn't see why they wouldn't just grab him anyway and back in that they can make him love the place.

What have they got to lose ? - a 5 year contract maybe but at least some trade collateral for coming years at no cost (in terms of picks).

Lets say it comes to giving up next years first for Saad,what would we realistically do with #8?

Sell it to Geelong for one of their firsts this year and their future first.

Who knows? Just depends on what we could do with the #8 at the draft and would depend whether Geelong think they could get who they want @ #8 but not at any of their later first rounders.? Could be one of those things that gets done on the night of the draft.

Even SOS said on TR clubs would be very hesitant to take a player they hadn't conducted a medical on. Especially at board level.
If Dodo gets out of fantasy land and puts up a fair trade for Saad, then we can talk. Otherwise we'll take our chances at the PSD.

Seeing * have been trying to persuade him again out of leaving, do you think they would pick him up?

Not sure anyone has shied away from the fact he has had a few injuries. That doesn't necessarily mean it is an ongoing issue to the extent that some will have you believe.

The medical staff will do their due diligence, if they are comfortable, I reckon I'll side with them rather than some posters on BF who have no insight into the specifics.

There is an element of risk there for sure. Nobody has suggested otherwise.

But there is a tipping point where the risk becomes well and truly worth taking, and for mine that largely revolves around how much $ we'll need to pay and therefore what sort of pick we'll need to give.

Well yeah, I'd be surprised too. Hence why I said from the outset that I can't see it happening.

But there is a tipping point where the risk becomes well and truly worth taking, and for mine that largely revolves around how much $ we'll need to pay and therefore what sort of pick we'll need to give.

If we could fernagle pick 8 into Saad and Treloar (on 600k), surely that's tipping the risk factor in our favour significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we help *?

Cause it helps us get our Man (Saad) and then we can get onto doing other deals we may have in the pipeline.

Dunkley is overrated anyway, Dogs could actually do very well in the wash up if they can get Treloar and another 1st round pick for Dunkley.

The money Essingtin are throwing at Dunks, a B Grader (at best) is outrageous and amusing at the same time.

Mark my words, they will have buyers remorse in a couple of years, with Dunkley, just like they have with Dylan Shiel and Dylan Smith (Jake Stringer is probably still 50-50)

It's like using Selley's Stop Gap Solution to try repair a house decimated by a heavy solution.

I feel happy if we can facilitate a deal which ensures *'s ongoing mediocrity and inability to win a final

Elmer_in_Rabbit_Fire_%281951%29.png

If we could fernagle pick 8 into Saad and Treloar (on 600k), surely that's tipping the risk factor in our favour significantly.

Its being suggested Pies may pay up to $150k of Treloar's salary, i'm not sure they will double that.. but i guess they may get desperate, the closer to the end of the trade period it gets.

Will take a look at Matthew Parker from the saints after he was delisted. Not saying we will get him

No. And interestingly there were 3 trades during his tenure at the Tiges.

He was just a recruiter there. I think this is his first year negotiating a trade.

You'd have to break that 8 into 2 0s to get that into two players. I'm not up on the intricasies of fernagling though.

Will take a look at Matthew Parker from the saints after he was delisted. Not saying we will get him
cheers for that 10cp...that'll get the natives up and about.

FWIW, I reckon he'd be a great pick up as a dfa, the kid can definitely play.

He had some games where he was a real X factor. Does offer something different I guess.

Have to get our Tatt quota up to the league average........

I believe so. He hasnt folded yet and there have been easy outs, ie Saad straight swap for pick 8. Not an easy trade to cut your teeth with.

Yeah, you choose Dodo first up ... Yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back