WTF is with the new AFL.COM.AU???

Remove this Banner Ad

What a pathetic mess. WTF is that? It looks like 10 different sub-standard sites cut and pasted together.

Once they move a few of the CMS components around it will look a little better. (especially on the RHS)

But it does seem to have that Microsoft XP "childish" look to the interface (buttons etc) - which could be made to look more crisp and mature.

Today's afl.com.au poll - "where will collingwood finish this season?" -

Here's the outcome:
Where will Collingwood finish this year?

1 - 4 (396) 363.30%
5 - 8 (819) 751.38%
9 - 12 (1461) 1,340.37%
13 - 16 (981) 900.00%

Today's afl.com.au poll - "where will collingwood finish this season?" -

Here's the outcome:
Where will Collingwood finish this year?

1 - 4 (396) 363.30%
5 - 8 (819) 751.38%
9 - 12 (1461) 1,340.37%
13 - 16 (981) 900.00%

Sounds like is a simple case of multiplying the results by the standard Collingwood "hype factor".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I work in Computing, if the Site is like that then the AFL agreed to it and requested it , dont blame Telstra

So do I, they may have agreed to it, but they wouldn't have requested it - theres a difference.

Step 1 - Remove the BigPond Crap from the top, if it has to be there, put it at the bottom.

Step 2 - Don’t put big flashy ads right in the middle, or if you do, make it so you can close them down.

Step 3 - We have good eyesight, not every link has to be a big fluffy picture or words in size 34 font. Why not make a site map near the bottom with simple single word links.

ahh ******** it, just go here and copy what they did - www.nba.com

Everything Telstra touches turns to poo. I had my phone disconnected by the clowns yesterday, and when I rang to ask WTFIGO they said 'oh, we don't appear to have a billing address for you'.

Is there a more pathetic publicly listed company in Australia?

Step 1 - Remove the BigPond Crap from the top, if it has to be there, put it at the bottom.

Step 2 - Don’t put big flashy ads right in the middle, or if you do, make it so you can close them down.

Step 3 - We have good eyesight, not every link has to be a big fluffy picture or words in size 34 font. Why not make a site map near the bottom with simple single word links.

ahh ******** it, just go here and copy what they did - www.nba.com

Interesting that you've used that example, from a style POV it's actually not very different to NBA at all.

I don't mind it, certainly better than the old site.

The main problem is all that Telstra crap. Surely the AFL have enough money that they could have their official site without the corporation that makes the site + an ad for Ipods taking up half the screen? :thumbsdown:

Interesting that you've used that example, from a style POV it's actually not very different to NBA at all.
Yeah, I guess theres not to many ways to skin a cat.

The AFL site just needs some tinkering and a less involvement from Telstra/Bigpond and it would be fine.

Annoying how every other important code (even NRL has a decent website) has a good site yet we get this pile of craptacularness.

And where's the team logos? I seriously hope this is in development, otherwise I'm ringing AFL and telling them that they're a bunch of tools. Which they already were, but how many times do they have to screw us over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back