Society & Culture Joining the Army in your 30's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies/Colts/West Ham
I've been thinking about joining the Army reserves... think at 33 I'm too old to join the regular Army. I want a change in my life and frankly there aren't many jobs out there I could do.

Is there anybody out there who has joined the Army in their early 30's? I'm relatively fit but have had a few injuries. Does anybody know if the Reserves can lead into a FT job later on?

Obviously I could call the recruitment office and ask this, but I've heard they might spin stuff a little and wanted a more "regular" opinion.

I've been thinking about joining the Army reserves... think at 33 I'm too old to join the regular Army. I want a change in my life and frankly there aren't many jobs out there I could do.

Is there anybody out there who has joined the Army in their early 30's? I'm relatively fit but have had a few injuries. Does anybody know if the Reserves can lead into a FT job later on?

Obviously I could call the recruitment office and ask this, but I've heard they might spin stuff a little and wanted a more "regular" opinion.

33 defiantly is not too old, they are taking 50 year old at the moment, especially ones with a trade.

there has been a massive surge for people joining the forces this year as it is it a stable job with a regular income, so be aware they are being very choosy.

defiantly joining reserves is a good pathway

what do you want to do in the green? are you after a trade? have you thought about the Navy as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back