Greyhound Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

The commentator who called at Mandurah is a bit smug I reckon.

In the last race at Mandurah, he called the five home as the winner. It was clearly way too close to call, but he continued to call the five home, even though it was a photo finish. Two minutes went by and the judges were still looking at the photo. The commentator mentioned, "it looked for all money the five got home". Two minutes later, still no decision. The commentator says, "I'll fall off my chair if the five doesn't win this". They showed the photo and you honestly couldn't split them. The commentator continued to call the five home, as though he was looking at a different angle. He said it with so much confidence that he came across as smug.

Anyway, the decision was a dead heat.

Two dead heats at the same card is pretty rare stuff, hey?

The commentator who called at Mandurah is a bit smug I reckon.

In the last race at Mandurah, he called the five home as the winner. It was clearly way too close to call, but he continued to call the five home, even though it was a photo finish. Two minutes went by and the judges were still looking at the photo. The commentator mentioned, "it looked for all money the five got home". Two minutes later, still no decision. The commentator says, "I'll fall off my chair if the five doesn't win this". They showed the photo and you honestly couldn't split them. The commentator continued to call the five home, as though he was looking at a different angle. He said it with so much confidence that he came across as smug.

Anyway, the decision was a dead heat.

Two dead heats at the same card is pretty rare stuff, hey?

would have been Levitzke. Honestly rekon he has the best greyhound tips out of all the callers. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was invested. But it sometimes pays to follow his tips on long shots. Also Jason on sky is one of the sharpest greyhound followers going around. Whenever he mentions a dog is a good bet just get on it.
Watch the replay of R8 Gosford. He was pumping up the 4 dog hard at $21, it finished out of the placings but when you see the replay you can understand what a great bet it was.

would have been Levitzke. Honestly rekon he has the best greyhound tips out of all the callers. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was invested. But it sometimes pays to follow his tips on long shots. Also Jason on sky is one of the sharpest greyhound followers going around. Whenever he mentions a dog is a good bet just get on it.
Watch the replay of R8 Gosford. He was pumping up the 4 dog hard at $21, it finished out of the placings but when you see the replay you can understand what a great bet it was.
If Jason Lincoln says it is a 'smart' pupper get on!

Jason Lincoln is a ******* genius. Legitamate God Tier greyhound tipper.
He just tipped the $12 winner at Goulbourn R8 Million dollar chase regional final.
very high quality race and he managed to tip the 5, giving great insights pre race. This guy is on another level

Late post but my boy Squillionaire is racing r7 Addington
$8.50 win
$2.20 place
Good price for him in any race. Markets underrating him a little since he’s gone across from aus I rekon

Mandy R5 tonight
Canya Bandido box 4
Has won me money in the past and finds itself in a comfortable grade. Very reliable beginner so the awkward draw won’t trouble him. 405 is the perfect distance too. Should lead all the way at $3 is a good bet for me

Mandy R4
6. Dodgem Marley. $2.10
Been very close in a couple runs, very weak field here. will bounce straight to the lead and wont be run down. Should make it look very easy.

Annoying the Million Dollar Chase (Wenworth Park) will be run during the final quarter of Friday night's Prelim Final.

View attachment 984392

If I was setting my own market without having seen the odds, I'd have the same top four as the favourites. My recent interest in Greyhound has made me aware of the best Greyhounds around, and I know those four to be four of the best.

1. Tommy Shelby
This classy young Dog has won 75% of its races, including seven of its past eight. Absolutely loves the 520m and has drawn well, having had recent success from Box 8. He has a personal best time of 29.44 over the distance, which was achieved on this very track in July. In his four previous starts from Box Eight, he has had three firsts and a second. He has exceptional early pace, with a top sectional time at the track and distance of 5.33 seconds.

2. Flying Ricciardo
Another classy young Dog with 14 wins from its 16 starts. He finished second in his other two starts. He just sneaked into this final after winning from a tricky box five in last Friday's Semi Final by the shortest possible margin. The win extended his win streak. The winning time of 29.71 was an impressive time for a Dog jumping from Box Five. In his three previous starts from Box Three, he has had two wins and a second. He has good early speed, with a top sectional time at the track and distance of 5.4 seconds.

3. Shadow Mist
This mighty Dog has won 21 races from its 46 starts, with ten placings. He isn't as classy as Tommy Shelby or Flying Ricciardo, but has every chance here from Box One. He has had 12 previous starts from Box One for six wins. He has a personal best time of 29.64 at the track and distance, which was achieved from Box Six in last Friday night's Semi Final. Shadow Mist was paying $4.40 to win that Semi Final, and did so by 1.5 lengths. He has good recent form, winning six from its last eight and has good early speed, with a top sectional time at the track and distance of 5.4 seconds.

4. Xerri
With seven wins from his 13 starts, Xerri has drawn well with Box Two, the same box he won Friday night's Semi Final from (a win by 1.75 lengths). He has a personal best time of 29.62 at the track and distance, which was achieved from the trick Box Five in June. In its two career starts from Box Two, his results have been first and second. It's another Dog who has decent early speed, but is slightly slower than the other three so he will need some luck of he is to win.

The key to this race is likely to be the start. Tommy Shelby has better early speed than Flying Ricciardo, and getting across from Box Eight will be crucial to its chances. If it breaks away early and leads them into the bend, Tommy Shelby will look a winner and will be tough to run down.

Annoying the Million Dollar Chase (Wenworth Park) will be run during the final quarter of Friday night's Prelim Final.

View attachment 984392

If I was setting my own market without having seen the odds, I'd have the same top four as the favourites. My recent interest in Greyhound has made me aware of the best Greyhounds around, and I know those four to be four of the best.

1. Tommy Shelby
This classy young Dog has won 75% of its races, including seven of its past eight. Absolutely loves the 520m and has drawn well, having had recent success from Box 8. He has a personal best time of 29.44 over the distance, which was achieved on this very track in July. In his four previous starts from Box Eight, he has had three firsts and a second. He has exceptional early pace, with a top sectional time at the track and distance of 5.33 seconds.

2. Flying Ricciardo
Another classy young Dog with 14 wins from its 16 starts. He finished second in his other two starts. He just sneaked into this final after winning from a tricky box five in last Friday's Semi Final by the shortest possible margin. The win extended his win streak. The winning time of 29.71 was an impressive time for a Dog jumping from Box Five. In his three previous starts from Box Three, he has had two wins and a second. He has good early speed, with a top sectional time at the track and distance of 5.4 seconds.

3. Shadow Mist
This mighty Dog has won 21 races from its 46 starts, with ten placings. He isn't as classy as Tommy Shelby or Flying Ricciardo, but has every chance here from Box One. He has had 12 previous starts from Box One for six wins. He has a personal best time of 29.64 at the track and distance, which was achieved from Box Six in last Friday night's Semi Final. Shadow Mist was paying $4.40 to win that Semi Final, and did so by 1.5 lengths. He has good recent form, winning six from its last eight and has good early speed, with a top sectional time at the track and distance of 5.4 seconds.

4. Xerri
With seven wins from his 13 starts, Xerri has drawn well with Box Two, the same box he won Friday night's Semi Final from (a win by 1.75 lengths). He has a personal best time of 29.62 at the track and distance, which was achieved from the trick Box Five in June. In its two career starts from Box Two, his results have been first and second. It's another Dog who has decent early speed, but is slightly slower than the other three so he will need some luck of he is to win.

The key to this race is likely to be the start. Tommy Shelby has better early speed than Flying Ricciardo, and getting across from Box Eight will be crucial to its chances. If it breaks away early and leads them into the bend, Tommy Shelby will look a winner and will be tough to run down.
I’ll definitely be watching this. Should be very interesting. Tommy Shelby is my favourite dog but admittedly I think box 8 will work against him here. I actually think Shadow Mist from box 1 is a solid bet at the odds here. His last start was eye catching and I think he can hold them all off along the rail. Tommy can chase him down if he gets a nice sit behind, but I’m worried flying Riccardo will be the one causing him a bit of trouble. I’d love Tommy to win though. Just love that dog and have had a long standing futures bet on him to win the Melb cup.

Also be waiting for Jason Lincoln’s tip on this race. His in phenomenal greyhound tipping form, might just pay off to follow him along lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am on Shadow Mist for this race. I just think he will be able to hold the rail from Box 1 and he has put together some really nice times lately. As much as i love Tommy Shelby i just don't think this is his race in Box 8, he will have trouble crossing Flying Riccardo in Box 3, and it could get a little messy. But if he gets a nice sit behind Shadow Mist ( who i think leads) then he should be able to chase down and win. Should be a cracking race though.
A 1,3,8 Boxed Exacta looks an easy play here too, I just dont give any other dog a chance tbh unless there's a Bradbury.

R8 The Meadows is a must watch tonight.
The melb cup preview race. In fact the top 4 favourites for the Melb Cup are all racing. Tommy Shelby gets the gun draw, and will take a beating. Ill be having a bet on Catch The Thief $11 with an odds boost is just crazy value for this dog. Only 2 months ago he was a $8 outright fav for the Melb Cup, has been missing the start in recent runs, but on his best night he is the best dog in the country IMO.

R8 The Meadows is a must watch tonight.
The melb cup preview race. In fact the top 4 favourites for the Melb Cup are all racing. Tommy Shelby gets the gun draw, and will take a beating. Ill be having a bet on Catch The Thief $11 with an odds boost is just crazy value for this dog. Only 2 months ago he was a $8 outright fav for the Melb Cup, has been missing the start in recent runs, but on his best night he is the best dog in the country IMO.
I got no experience with dog racing but with no human riding them, it looks a bit more predictable than horses right? Can you recommend a safe 3+ leg multi for the Meadows races? Sportsbet have a promo for these races :)

I got no experience with dog racing but with no human riding them, it looks a bit more predictable than horses right? Can you recommend a safe 3+ leg multi for the Meadows races? Sportsbet have a promo for these races :)
Sportsbet posted. Tabcorp disliked post

And people say the bookies pay no attention to us?!

I cant advise anyone to take greyhound multis. Too often odds on pops get done (mostly unreliable beginners). Best greyhound promo is ladbrokes 30% odds boost 7-8PM.

I cant advise anyone to take greyhound multis. Too often odds on pops get done (mostly unreliable beginners). Best greyhound promo is ladbrokes 30% odds boost 7-8PM.
yep....learnt this the hard way yesterday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back