News New Sydney logo leaked

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I don't think it's too bad, but the overall aesthetic of the logo has gone from classy and timeless to bush league, IMO.

I'd have gone for a much more abstract, stylised swan including the neck, and a classier(for lack of a better word) font.

I don't think a Swan is an animal that is overly recognisable based on it's head only and the need to add the pronounced ballsack on the nose to get it to read properly makes that even worse. Just zoom out a bit and add the neck and that immediately reads as a swan.

Boyohboywowwee

All Australian
Jun 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I really like the logo. As said in a previous post. The old one is great but the new one is wearing off, well done swans. They are a successful club, with a new logo and are about to start a new era with a lot of young talent which could possibly take them to their next premiership

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Some concepts. That one with the Opera house on top is elite but couldn't be used for reasons we now know.

1604701134801.png

Rickee

All Australian
May 23, 2016
Horsham, Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne; Kalkee; Horsham Demons
Not really sold on Sydneys new logo, it wasn't really a change anyone asked for, and it's not that much different to the old one.

I don't see why a logo absolutely HAS to have minor changes made to it just because it's been around for a while. Either leave it alone and build a brand or burn it to the ground and start properly fresh.

Jumpers staying the same as is
Really thought a white Guernsey with a curved Vee would be beautiful. Would have also possibly made Geelong wear their beautiful clash Guernsey when they went up against them.

fegz222

Senior List
Aug 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Not really sold on Sydneys new logo, it wasn't really a change anyone asked for, and it's not that much different to the old one.

I don't see why a logo absolutely HAS to have minor changes made to it just because it's been around for a while. Either leave it alone and build a brand or burn it to the ground and start properly fresh.
I think the change is a little more than minor imo - the swan has moved, been enlarged, and redesigned, no opera house silhouette, the establishment year has been added, the font has changed and the word 'swans' has been removed.

Rickee

All Australian
May 23, 2016
Horsham, Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne; Kalkee; Horsham Demons
I think the change is a little more than minor imo - the swan has moved, been enlarged, and redesigned, no opera house silhouette, the establishment year has been added, the font has changed and the word 'swans' has been removed.
The design elements are identical - a stylistic swans head inside a vee. Nobody was calling for the old logo to be changed, and it didn't look dated or tired, either.

I stand by my point that change for the sake of it is pointless unless it's a complete overhaul (Port Adelaide or Fremantle, for example)

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t mind the new logo. Does anyone else see the heart in the middle?
I also love the slightly smaller, wider, curved V on their traditional woollen jumpers. Also the off white/cream colour of white wool is much better than the stark white of modern jumpers, especially a recent apparel sponsor of the Swans whose jumpers were so thin, that when they got wet they become slightly transparent and looked so cheap and crap.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Interesting though it still isn’t on the swans website other than the article, AFL website, the socials profile pic, not even on IP Aus

Back