Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ECunow, Gibbons and Polson as our small forwards wasn't too bad last year, either.
Now there was an idea destined for the bin, right from the start. Who thought that one up?

The idea of getting a small forward that kicks goals has been a somewhat novel one for us.
Good thing it's not so novel to Teague though.

Repeating what Liddle said mid-year:
"Because it's OK to say you might need a rebounding defender, or a hybrid mid, or a small forward, but we really have to understand what we have got on our list.

We'll get our rebounding defender, have our hybrid mid now and only a small forward to go.
We've heard no names yet and maybe won't until the draft, but we'll get someone. I'm confident of that.

That's it, I'm happy to back our list in for midfielders with Kemp, Philp, Stocker, Dow and LOB still yet to make their mark. Surely we get a good player or 2 out of that lot.

What we don't have is small forwards, the only genuine goal kicking small forward on our list is Betts and he's done.

It's a glaring list deficiency and if we can find the right player that should be our priority. It would add another dimension to our forward line.

Knows where the goals are and gets to the fall of the ball well. Only problem is his father is Stephen Rowe
Not sure if we will nab one via trade in the next 3 days, but wasn't there talk we were looking at James Rowe from the SANFL.

21 years old. Averaging 2.8 goals per game.

Haven't seen much of him, but looks like a short stocky forward, a bit like Papley.

On SM-T865 using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's it, I'm happy to back our list in for midfielders with Kemp, Philp, Stocker, Dow and LOB still yet to make their mark. Surely we get a good player or 2 out of that lot.
What we don't have is small forwards, the only genuine goal kicking small forward on our list is Betts and he's done.
It's a glaring list deficiency and if we can find the right player that should be our priority. It would add another dimension to our forward line.

It's no coincidence we were after Papley last year and wanted him again this year.
There are many ways to go about things, but it was clear to me last year and before he became coach, that Teague values small forwards.

We'll get someone although they're unlikely to be premium given Betts has signed on for another year.
We need someone to pick up all of Eddies' tips, before he moves on.

IMO, there is a reason to split it.
Essendon will hang out until the pick exchanges are no longer available. An end of first round pick is fair. Let's acquire one, make it available and move on with our trading.
As for clubs refusing to deal on pick splitting, that's all unfounded speculation. We have to be proactive and control the negotiations in our overall best interests.
Yeh that works too, but there's no reason why we can't say '8 is off the table, we have an in principle agreement with Brisbane for 18 and 19, if you will not accept 18 then we take saad in the psd or nd and you get nothing'. On draft night we then have 8 available if a player we really like is available otherwise we split it with a team who wants to move up and use 28 on Saad in the nd. IMO that gives us more power and keeps more available strategies for us to utilise

How often do they let quality players go?
Whether delisted or traded. I can only think of Caddy and Kelly.

Not often but you have to look at each situation in isolation and look at the path Geelong are taking, given the acquisitions of Steven last year and Smith along with Higgins this year.
No problem for the premium picked draftees in their first and second years, but you can't blame Clark, Fogarty, Constable etc to look for opportunity, before they're forgotten for playing most of their football in the reserves and have their careers peter out.

We'll have the same issues situation soon enough. Talent won't just sit around hoping for a team-mate to be injured before opportunity presents.

EDIT: Odd that there's been no talk of JSilvagni.

Cunners 2020 midfield %time
%midfield possessions tackles goals
Rd1- 0%mid 8pos 1tkl 2.1gls
Rd2- 5%mid 11pos 2tkl 1.0g
Rd3- 7%mid 9pos 3tkl
Rd4- 33%mid 28pos 1tkl 0.2gls
Rd5- 39%mid 22pos 4tkl
Rd6- 0%mid 8pos 1tkl
Rd7- 0%mid 9pos 3tkl
Rd8- 0%mid 11pos 3tkl 2.2gls
Rd9- 0%mid 4pos 1tkl 1.0gls
Rd16- 0%mid 10pos 3tkl
Rd17- 18%mid 14pos 3tkl 0.1gls
Rd18- 4%mid 14pos 9tkl

Midfield breakdown 2020
1. Curnow 89%
2. Cripps 85%
3. Setterfield 45%
4. Kennedy 40%
5. Murphy 25%
6. Dow 24%
7. Martin 20%
8. Walsh 12%
9. Cuningham 9%
10. Fisher 4%
11. SPS 2%

Sack Teague. Kept him from an 84 possession Essendon game.

Not often but you have to look at each situation in isolation and look at the path Geelong are taking, given the acquisitions of Steven last year and Smith along with Higgins this year.
No problem for the premium picked draftees in their first and second years, but you can't blame Clark, Fogarty, Constable etc to look for opportunity, before they're forgotten for playing most of their football in the reserves and have their careers peter out.

We'll have the same issues situation soon enough. Talent won't just sit around hoping for a team-mate to be injured before opportunity presents.

Harks, we get it, over and over again, you think our players will leave en masse, yet there is next to no evidence that this situation is a regular, ongoing occurrence

Harks, we get it, over and over again, you think our players will leave en masse, yet there is next to no evidence that this situation is a regular, ongoing occurrence

Don't lose your mind and the example was in context. What's the problem?

BTW: How many times are you going to tell us how good Constable is and how much you want him? Funny boy :)

It's no coincidence we were after Papley last year and wanted him again this year.
There are many ways to go about things, but it was clear to me last year and before he became coach, that Teague values small forwards.

We'll get someone although they're unlikely to be premium given Betts has signed on for another year.
We need someone to pick up all of Eddies' tips, before he moves on.

Harks, over the last 2 years, we chased and acquired more than just small forwards

If it was only these types we were chasing, Butler would be on our list now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EDIT: Odd that there's been no talk of JSilvagni.
I have a feeling that if there’s something to hear, we won’t be hearing about it until Wednesday night at the earliest..

Don't lose your mind and the example was in context. What's the problem?

BTW: How many times are you going to tell us how good Constable is and how much you want him? Funny boy :)

How many times are you going to bang on about Curnow, Gibbons and Polson in the forward line, which was over 18 months ago

Your posting has become less than a subliminal propaganda and is getting tiresome

Harks, over the last 2 years, we chased and acquired more than just small forwards
If it was only these types we were chasing, Butler would be on our list now

I listened to SOS re. Butler and no offence, but I'll accept his version of the situation over some random poster on the internet.
He told us that we had Martin, took Betts and expected Papley. Figure it out but don't come back with your own imagination....Facts are important.

How many times are you going to bang on about Curnow, Gibbons and Polson in the forward line, which was over 18 months ago
Your posting has become less than a subliminal propaganda and is getting tiresome

Tell us about Constable, again. :)

You see: Propaganda? You've become 'one of them' It's a shame. Going the poster.....Oh well.

I listened to SOS re. Butler and no offence, but I'll accept his version of the situation over some random poster on the internet.
He told us that we had Martin, took Betts and expected Papley. Figure it out but don't come back with your own imagination....Facts are important.

Tell us about Constable, again. :)

Like Martin will only play as forward only, because he is training with the forwards?

Newnes, Gibbons, Setters,Pittonet, McGovern?

Williams, Saad?

Cogs, Shiel?

Those facts?

I think most Vic clubs would be hesitant to take Treloar; too much risk that he wants to follow his partner (& child) to QLD in 12 months, then you only have 2 clubs up there to negotiate with.

She is on a 1-year contract and Adam earns about 15x more than her.

I don't know their personal situation, but $ suggests she will follow him back to Vic rather than the other way around...

Like Martin will only play as forward only, because he is training with the forwards?

Newnes, Gibbons, Setters,Pittonet, McGovern?

Williams, Saad?

Cogs, Shiel?

Those facts?

Again, I have no idea what you're on about but you persist......and I still haven't heard about Constable.

BTW, When exactly did you become a moderator that enables you to tell people what they can say and can't say?
You're not a moderator now are you?

You don't like it block me, but don't ell me what to say. Not appreciated.

There hasn’t been any interest by any clubs so that may be a guide.

Pass.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can’t see why there would be no interest. He has only played 9 games but has averaged just over 20 disposals per game which shows he can find the ball. Would be hard to break into that midfield at Geelong, so surely he would go well with more opportunity. I haven’t really seen any matches he has played in. What’s his flaws if nobody wants him?

I can’t see why there would be no interest. He has only played 9 games but has averaged just over 20 disposals per game which shows he can find the ball. Would be hard to break into that midfield at Geelong, so surely he would go well with more opportunity. I haven’t really seen any matches he has played in. What’s his flaws if nobody wants him?

Reports are he is slow and dosent have many tricks to compensate for it.

Probably end up at North.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Again, I have no idea what you're on about but you persist......and I still haven't heard about Constable.

BTW, When exactly did you become a moderator that enables you to tell people what they can say and can't say?
You're not a moderator now are you?

You don't like it block me, but don't ell me what to say. Not appreciated.

Seriously stop feigning innocence

You want to keep spruking your agenda go right ahead, but stop passing it off as fact, referencing the club

Each time you do I will call it out whether you approve or not

"Silly boy"

She is on a 1-year contract and Adam earns about 15x more than her.

I don't know their personal situation, but $ suggests she will follow him back to Vic rather than the other way around...
You might be right, but she also has family support up there. Seems pretty strange in the first place to move up there with a newborn

Thoughts on Charlie Constable? Only 21 years old and has a big frame as a midfielder. He would be very cheap and allow us to go big on Kelly or Merrett next year. Although I think he has a lot of talent, it is very hard to crack into Geelong's midfield, so I don't think it would cost too much to get him. Personally I would prefer him over Narkle or Fogarty, which is where the rumours are at right now.

ELITE for - Tackles i50
ABOVE AVERAGE for - Handballs, contested possessions, contested possession rate, ground ball gets, centre clearances, tackles, shots on goal

Pick 8 --> Constable + Pick 15 + Future 3rd (Geelong)
Pick 15 --> Saad

The incentive for Geelong to take the earlier pick is for local Falcons boy Tanner Bruhn, so I think this could be something that would work.
He’ll be a very good inside midfielder in the future sitting behind a decent crop atm who are topping up again, he should look somewhere else... not the type we need we are and should be adding more speed and run not another extractor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back