afl genius

Club Legend
May 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
I meant it seemed like she was recording everything as she felt something might happen to her or she might have to use the videos against him. Almost as if she knew that he was very capable of doing what he ended up doing. The way she spoke to him when he dressed up as Santa was also interesting. Anyway I don't live my life like that so I could be completely off base with this theory.

I meant it seemed like she was recording everything as she felt something might happen to her or she might have to use the videos against him. Almost as if she knew that he was very capable of doing what he ended up doing. The way she spoke to him when he dressed up as Santa was also interesting. Anyway I don't live my life like that so I could be completely off base with this theory.

Nah I didn't get that impression - she just came across as super high maintenance to me.

Girlnextdoor

All Australian
Mar 12, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
right..but here we all are reading about it.
Exactly what I was about to write! It's the psychological aspect of it that fascinates me, and the signs along the way that people refuse to see and acknowledge??

I think this couple lived their lives so publically on social media, having to always "look good", be the "hot" perfect couple and family, like Hollywood stars. Nobody can live up to that, be that, because like Hollywood, it's all fantasy.

I think too there was tremendous financial strain going on here in the background to keep up appearances and that was a contributing factor too for the self-centred Chris. Get rid of the wife and kids, sell the house he can't afford and be with a new even "hotter" babe in a brand new pretend life the "world" can watch him live?

Please forgive me if all this has been said before. I've just discovered this thread Ms Finch so dropped in to put some thoughts.

Such a terribly brutal and heartbreaking case, victims of this new "reality" celebrity wannabe universe people have slipped into. A narcissist's paradise! Just such a terrible sacrifice these beautiful lives offered up to the gods of lust, greed, and glory. 😪

Girlnextdoor

All Australian
Mar 12, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
There's a clip of Watts talking to the press here and unlike other men who have killed their wives where most of us can read their nerves and guilt, Watts doesn't falter. It's really disturbing.

Nope, I can see the "duping" smile all through this interview Kurve, I don't think he'd fool a profiler for a minute! He has a slight smile around his mouth and eyes the entire time, look closely and you'll see it. Makes me so angry seeing this and wanting to scream out, "he's lying, can't you see it!"

Nope, I can see the "duping" smile all through this interview Kurve, I don't think he'd fool a profiler for a minute! He has a slight smile around his mouth and eyes the entire time, look closely and you'll see it. Makes me so angry seeing this and wanting to scream out, "he's lying, can't you see it!"

I'll take another look but didn't seem so obvious to me in that short clip, unlike John Sharpe who murdered his wife and daughter and Borce Ristevski for example.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It would also, in my view, be reasonable to believe she was suffering from shock and fear herself. She was coming to terms with the fact that the guy she was with was not only lying to her but probably a cold blooded killer. This was only hours after she had started to see the situation unraveling.
Or maybe she was aroused... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
NK is literally The Seductress from the Bible

"In Proverbs 5-7, Solomon writes to his son to give him advice when it comes to sexual morality. This advice is from God, and it applies to young men of Solomon’s time and of our time. All men are vulnerable to being seduced into immorality, and over the course of time, many have fallen for the trap of sexual immorality and adultery. As Proverbs 7:26 says, speaking of the adulteress/prostitute, “For many are the victims she has cast down, and numerous are all her slain.” Men need to be wary of the seductress because this type of woman knows exactly how to work the way God has designed the male sexual appetite."

:think:

Ive become obsessed with this case over the last 12 months.

The netflix doconis good but misses some key moments of video.

I still dunno what he was thinking, nor do i believe his version of how it happened

The neighbour had a gut feeling. he recognised changes in behaviour.

But the FBI detective had Chris sussed, she would know the statistics. This type of disappearance is normally is down to a family member.

His change in story gave him up. “Someone took them”. Why? With no sign of struggle, with no video footage. His story made no sense but he wouldnt have thought her friend would be onto it so quick. Pretty much gave him no time at all.

Him watching the camera footage at the neighbours house, when he looks away from the tv and looks like hes gonna vomit, pleading inside that it doesnt show him dragging the body to the car. Its amazing how quick it all unravelled

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Also after watching the Police interview with Nichol kessinger, all I can say is she is a cold hearted b***ch, showing no empathy or care for the deceased or remorse for her role in their deaths. Any one else who was the indirect cause of an others murder would be absolutely devastated.
I watched it with a friend - and she recommended it to her friend - and both had the same reaction - ' she deserved it ''

I thought her behaviour was well over the top but I would have left the marriage rather than murder

Id say he loved his kids but i reckon all the happy family videos were a bit put on. By all accounts they had some pretty vicious arguments. She clearly wore the pants in the relationship and maybe he didnt like that.

Hes now said it was premeditated. I dont believe any of his course of events that they had an argument that morning which set it off. I reckon he did it when she was sleeping.

Killing your kids is horrific enough, but why would you put them in the oil? So ****ed up

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
You wouldn't expect murder but fooling around with married men (or women), especially if they have little kids usually never ends well. If they will betray their wife, they'll do it to you faster.
SO SO true!! This is not the sort of behavior i would want in a partner , I would certainly be questioning his integrity! In my late teens I dated an older man who had left his wife and had young children, after about a month I called it off as it really felt uncomfortable and it really made me question his integrity. He was very upset but it just didn't feel right. He later did go back to his wife. I was in no way related to his marital problems, he had been separated for over 6 months at the time. I just kept seeing big red flags!!

I liked the cops 'you lost a lot of weight..you been cheating on your wife?'
I wouldn't have immediately thought that, cops must see so much of this stuff it becomes formulaic.
Thought the same, he was working out quite a bit and became distant from his wife.

Quite a chilling doco. The neighbour was spot on and knew something wasn't right.

Poor kids and wife, can't believe what he did to them.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Was just watching another video and apparently the 'unborn' baby was found expelled from Shanann's body and would have been part born when she was buried. Horrific crime and another a-hole who should be PTS. His mother comes across as a real bitch as well and is probably partly responsible for the way he is.

There are some parts that the documentary doesn't mention especially the family's money issue.
The wife seemed high maintenance and wanted to record every part of her life on social media. This case reminded me of Scott Peterson.

It's definitely one of the most chilling documentaries I've seen.

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was just watching another video and apparently the 'unborn' baby was found expelled from Shanann's body and would have been part born when she was buried. Horrific crime and another a-hole who should be PTS. His mother comes across as a real b*tch as well and is probably partly responsible for the way he is.
OMG that is horrific !!!!

Back