Unsolved The Disappearance of Sandrine Jourdan - Caboolture Qld

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a really strange case, Sandrine is presumed to have been abducted and has been missing since Friday 13th July 2012.

Where is Sandrine?

DateOctober 11, 2012
Bridie Jabour - Brisbane Times

The last time Sandrine Jourdan was seen she was walking to the end of a friend's driveway in the Sunshine Coast.

Since then she has not accessed her bank accounts, used her phone or wished two of her children a happy birthday.
Her family have launched a desperate search for her, creating a Facebook page, making a YouTube video and her sister, Christine Jourdan, spent $2000 in one month calling every person she could find with a connection to her sister.

Her family has campaigned relentlessly for the 90 days that Sandrine has been missing and her sister is at a loss as to why they have managed a handful of news articles in period when Mrs Baden-Clay and Ms Meagher dominated the headlines of all news outlets.

She is desperate to get her missing sister's story on television news and has called every station she could think of but described one television station in particular as "very rude".
"They turned around to us and said 'well what's so special about her? Please explain what's so special and maybe we'll do a story about her' and when we told them what was going on they said 'no, that's not newsworthy'," Ms Jourdan said.
"When they told us that we said 'you've got to be kidding me' ... two weeks later they ran a story about a dog being reunited in America and I was like 'that's where it could have been put in, just a photo of my sister'.
"I'm not asking you to do a full story, just put up a photo: 'Missing. Hey'."

Sandrine had broken up with her partner the month before she went missing and was staying with friends and family but had secured a new place to live before she disappeared.

"For Sandrine just to go and not tell somebody where she is going is weird and the circumstances to it are just weird too because she was supposed to go with a friend to Motocross and she walked to the end of his driveway and by the time he drove to the end of his driveway she was no longer there," she said.

September 3 came, the 17th birthday of one of her daughters, came and went and she did not get a 'happy birthday' from her mother.

More people became more worried.

Then September 19 came and went and Sandrine's son turned 14 without a phone call, or even a Facebook post, from his mother.

Now everybody connected to her is sick with worry but the family still cannot get the word out. When asked how the children are coping with their mother's disappearance, the answer is surprising.
"They are really upset that we can't get on to televisions to actually get it out there," Ms Jourdan said.

In late August, police renewed appeals for public help to find Sandrine.
The plea came after a thorough search of bushland, in the Caboolture area, was conducted by police and State Emergency Services volunteers but they failed to find her.

She is described as Caucasian in appearance, 164cm tall with a proportionate build with brown hair and brown eyes.
At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing a light mauve long sleeve jumper and dark dress pants.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.

sandrine.png

kurve, thank you for this thread in regard to
Sandrine Jourdan — SJ
who in 2020, would currently be aged 46

dd2d0aca2dabb4430780f9a7bfdfb86c.jpg

ad140ac27d20f9c80306a00892ef1e52.jpg

from what i can ascertain, sandrine, a very talented artist and mother of 3, was driven by her own mother, to the acreage property of a friend at tomlinson road in caboolture.
she was dropped off at the acreage's long driveway, with an understanding that the friend would then drive down to collect her.
when the friend arrived, as agreed, sandrine's jacket was sitting on the property's fence, but sandrine was not there, and has been neither seen nor heard from since that point in time.

during the *window* of time between mother dropping her off, and the acreage friend arriving to collect her from the driveway entrance
...did sandrine simply wander off into the scrub and befall some mishap?

or could this be a matter of a random opportunistic abduction?

a search by police and emergency services failed to find any trace of her.

i feel of importance,
that earlier on the day of sandrine's disappearance she had made mention of her desire to spend time at a buddhist retreat.
to my way of thinking, there was something
- perhaps discussion with a "someone" -
that must have given rise to that desire/notion.
i'm wondering if sandrine made mention to that particular someone, or anyone, regarding the arrangement to visit her friend's acreage? and of the possibility that she may have invited that someone to meet up with her there?
could that someone/whoever have arrived during the *window* of time she waited to be collected? and may she/they, by chance have made an impromtu decision to leave for the retreat right there&then?
if so, in what direction might she/they have headed?
where are the known buddhist retreat(s)?
and would there be any record of persons who either enquired, visited, or resided within the retreat(s) at that time, just prior, or shortly after?

furthermore,
as tomlinson road is just off the old gympie road
where unidentified partial human remains and clothing were recently discovered, i feel the investigation and thread related to that matter may also have significance to SJ's disappearance :
Remains of a woman/teen found in Kybong Qld - Police are struggling to make identification

imho

Last edited:
i feel of importance,
that earlier on the day of sandrine's disappearance she had made mention of her desire to spend time at a buddhist retreat.
to my way of thinking, there was something
- perhaps discussion with a "someone" -
that must have given rise to that desire/notion.
i'm wondering if sandrine made mention to that particular someone, or anyone, regarding the arrangement to visit her friend's acreage? and of the possibility that she may have invited that someone to meet up with her there?
could that someone/whoever have arrived during the *window* of time she waited to be collected? and may she/they, by chance have made an impromtu decision to leave for the retreat right there&then?
if so, in what direction might she/they have headed?
where are the known buddhist retreat(s)?
and would there be any record of persons who either enquired, visited, or resided within the retreat(s) at that time, just prior, or shortly after?

Apparently all the retreats have been checked and there was no sign of her or of having made any arrangements. That she left her jacket behind in the driveway seems to be ominous. Really creepy actually.

bonza finds you've turned up here ram.
(none of which came up in my personal searches)
this information should really have sandrine's disappearance under the spotlight
...wtf have our bloody useless police been doing???

putting a direct link to ACA's program here for lazy people,
once watched, no one could resist reading the entirety of your ^above links^
they're a "must read" for sure.
^an absolutely gobsmacking revelation at 6:25
imho

bonza finds you've turned up here ram.
(none of which came up in my personal searches)
this information should really have sandrine's disappearance under the spotlight
...wtf have our bloody useless police been doing???

putting a direct link to ACA's program here for lazy people,
once watched, no one could resist reading the entirety of your ^above links^
they're a "must read" for sure.
^an absolutely gobsmacking revelation at 6:25
imho

A black bra, pants and sunglasses rolled up in carpet. That reads like it came off a body, but where would her skeleton be if it's her?

Fits the age, height and brown hair description.

About an hour from where she was last seen to where this unidentified body was found.
Agreeing with croweater 41, this is what the podcaster Graeme Crowley says about the similarity:

"The victim [found in Alderley QLD, 07 Dec 2022] died somewhere between 2009 and 2015 and, as reported, had been found wrapped and secreted behind a wall.
The age, the height, the weight, the colour of the hair: all match Sandrine Jourdan. It is now just a case of waiting and seeing if that victim
is Sandrine Jourdan. The only difference being - a pair of prescription glasses were also recovered where the body was found. Not too much weight can be placed on that; I am aware of another case where a female victim was recovered with glasses which turned out to be from the offender."

- transcribed by me from Ep 03 Breaking News, Bring Home Sandrine, 12 Jan 2023

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back