No Oppo Supporters Thunderdome Debate Thread - Two Bluebaggers enter, two Bluebaggers leave (We're not savages you know)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing odd from forwarding communication now, but happy to pick up tomorrow if so warranted.

The Old Dark Navy's - You want this thread but can it be one where anything is allowed.
I ask this because I've had a lot of my posts clipped when responding to others which sort of leaves one hanging.....it's not nice.

It could make for a great thread if.....don't hate me....mods don't take sides.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Mate, you're not saying anything and gone into that circular motion, with a slap at the end.

You think I don't know this style? Not born yesterday... :)

Go back to the facts then Harks

How many small forwards have we acquired over the last 2 years, compared to players of other areas

How many small forwards have we chased, compared to players of other areas

2 simple questions

Then we can address:

Losing best 22 because they can't play their preferred position

We will lose midfielders, because we can't fit them all in

You just had to do that didn't you? I knew you would. :)

I'ts not a good debating style and in fact it's quite off-putting. Who are you taking your cues from?

Call it Mods.

I'll allow it for now because it is attacking your topics, not so much you personally. I'll keep an eye out.

Signing odd from forwarding communication now, but happy to pick up tomorrow if so warranted.

The Old Dark Navy's - You want this thread but can it be one where anything is allowed.
I ask this because I've had a lot of my posts clipped when responding to others which sort of leaves one hanging.....it's not nice.

It could make for a great thread if.....don't hate me....mods don't take sides.

I'm not aware of this at this stage. Currently investigating.

Thanks to both of you for using this in the spirit intended though. It may have brought the concept alive.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Please don't suspend me but am I allowed to talk about debate club?
So, is that it? Can we poll a winner? Give them a time limit? C’mon lads, feels like reiteration. Every debate I participated in or adjudicated, I learnt something. Still waiting. Please don’t kill me for prompting, Mods.

I'll allow it for now because it is attacking your topics, not so much you personally. I'll keep an eye out.

I'm not aware of this at this stage. Currently investigating.

Thanks to both of you for using this in the spirit intended though. It may have brought the concept alive.

Well, that's nice of you and nice of Arrow for the involvement and I'm sure it won't be the last time.
It does take the heat off the board I guess and used properly could function favourably.

How many small forwards have we acquired over the last 2 years, compared to players of other areas

2 simple questions

Then we can address:

I'll have to leave it at this because we could do this all day and all week and then find ourselves arguing about the price of a pack of chips.:)

You said:
Harks, over the last 2 years, we chased and acquired more than just small forwards
If it was only these types we were chasing, Butler would be on our list now

1. I was always talking about last year. This is when we started debating all things 'small forwards' and it has nothing to do with other types we chased or acquired. I don't see the relevance in you even raising that point.
For the x time and going back to February last year: I stated then that Teague didn't seem happy 'to me' when discussing the forward line and specifically the small forwards he had to operate with. It was telling and showed up to be the case come the draft period, when he was then coach of the club given we had all of Papley, Martin, Betts and Butler in the mix.

2. Re Butler: I'm repeating myself here and you wonder why.
We had three smallish forwards incoming at that stage; Martin and Papley were priority and Betts (however that came about and via whom...different story) was also on his way in. It was clear to me that Butler couldn't just 'hang around' until we decided what to do with him, given our priorities.
I suggested you listen to what SOS had to say, because if you did; You'd know exactly why Butler is not on our list.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Well, that's nice of you and nice of Arrow for the involvement and I'm sure it won't be the last time.
It does take the heat off the board I guess and used properly could function favourably.

I'll have to leave it at this because we could do this all day and all week and then find ourselves arguing about the price of a pack of chips.:)

You said:
Harks, over the last 2 years, we chased and acquired more than just small forwards
If it was only these types we were chasing, Butler would be on our list now

1. I was always talking about last year. This is when we started debating all things 'small forwards' and it has nothing to do with other types we chased or acquired. I don't see the relevance in you even raising that point.
For the x time and going back to February last year: I stated then that Teague didn't seem happy 'to me' when discussing the forward line and specifically the small forwards he had to operate with. It was telling and showed up to be the case come the draft period, when he was then coach of the club given we had all of Papley, Martin, Betts and Butler in the mix.

2. Re Butler: I'm repeating myself here and you wonder why.
We had three smallish forwards incoming at that stage; Martin and Papley were priority and Betts (however that came about and via whom...different story) was also on his way in. It was clear to me that Butler couldn't just 'hang around' until we decided what to do with him, given our priorities.
I suggested you listen to what SOS had to say, because if you did; You'd know exactly why Butler is not on our list.

Not sure why you want to be so dismissive of the other targets we were chasing and or acquired.

For the last time, Martin is not a small forward, he is a player who can be used all over the park

Think the key ingredient, which you have missed completely, most of our targets have been players with more speed, rather than just one specific area of the ground

I don't need to listen to SOS, Austin, Club and or the media, to understand what our list needs, to improve deficiencies

In simple terms, chasing small forwards was no more of a priority than other areas of our list. Our targets and acquisitions makes that very clear

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Purpose of thread: for two posters to have a dedicated space to thrash out a specific argument.

Reality of thread: two posters argue completely different things in parallel.

"Small forwards!"
"Quick players!"
"Small forwards!"
"Quick players!"
"Small forwards!"
"Quick players!"
"Small forwards!"
"Quick players!"

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Purpose of thread: for two posters to have a dedicated space to thrash out a specific argument.

Reality of thread: two posters argue completely different things in parallel.

"Small forwards!"
"Quick players!"
"Small forwards!"
"Quick players!"
"Small forwards!"
"Quick players!"
"Small forwards!"
"Quick players!"

You may have missed the point of part 1 of this trilogy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Please don't suspend me but am I allowed to talk about debate club?
giphy.gif

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton

2 simple questions

Then we can address:

Here you go HARKER another debate you bailed on

Here you go HARKER another debate you bailed on

Did I? We've already had this discussion Arr0w
Have you forgotten? It's there somewhere. Go find it.

Why are you so desperate to 'Win' everything? Sometimes discussions are just that.....to discuss...not win.

Maybe your memory has failed you. Go have a look. It was only a few days ago.
No merry-go-rounds though. OK?

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Did I? We've already had this discussion Arr0w
Have you forgotten? It's there somewhere. Go find it.

Why are you so desperate to 'Win' everything? Sometimes discussions are just that.....to discuss...not win.

Maybe your memory has failed you. Go have a look. It was only a few days ago.
No merry-go-rounds though. OK?

Back to the facts

Conceding these 2 items you were banging on about all year, even when you were called out?

Or are you still caught up on us only chasing small forwards?

Back to the facts

Conceding these 2 items you were banging on about all year, even when you were called out?

Or are you still caught up on us only chasing small forwards?

Arr0w. You're coming across desperate and needy.
If we care to have a discussion about something, let's all do it in good faith.
No need for blood pressure issues on a football forum.

It doesn't have to be all about tripping someone over, either. The points you,ve raised above are all old discussions.
What if I challenged you about Papleys value last year? What about the 'non-value' of small forwards and then three get picked up i the top 15.
What about Weightman not being called in the top 20. Wha about not understanding that Bolton will be sacked the day he was sacked?
We can do this all day but wha's the point other than.....Point scoring?

When a situation comes about that warrants a one-on-one, we'll come here...but not for petty reasons of some personal vendetta.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Arr0w. You're coming across desperate and needy.
If we care to have a discussion about something, let's all do it in good faith.
No need for blood pressure issues on a football forum.

It doesn't have to be all about tripping someone over, either. The points you,ve raised above are all old discussions.
What if I challenged you about Papleys value last year? What about the 'non-value' of small forwards and then three get picked up i the top 15.
What about Weightman not being called in the top 20. Wha about not understanding that Bolton will be sacked the day he was sacked?
We can do this all day but wha's the point other than.....Point scoring?

When a situation comes about that warrants a one-on-one, we'll come here...but not for petty reasons of some personal vendetta.

And another series of deflections, predictable

Macca43 & Arr0w

You are invited to the Thunderdome

If you refuse your invitation to enter the Thunderdome, then you are deemed to have lost the debate automatically.

If you both refuse, it is considered a forfeit and also show in your tally.
What is the topic?

What is the topic?

Its about an online love affair spanning genres and generations. Distance may separate but the union is strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back