Remove this Banner Ad

Catsnlakers

Even Hank Moody is in awe of Geelong!
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
Leon Cameron I think, if they don’t rebound and at least make finals than surely he’s in big trouble.

PJays

Club Legend
Suspended
Nov 2, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Cameron- so much talent, nothing to show for it. Best result an 89 point grand final walloping

Goodwin- massive underachievers the last 2 years. Last few rounds of this season, failed to grab finals spot, losing to lowly teams. Finals or bust.

Buckley- Collingwood is a powerhouse club. Demands success. So close in 18. 19 would've given Richmond a real shake except lost that tight prelim. Crucial Moments make all the difference to the perception of a coaches legacy (just ask Ross Lyon). Coll had tougher run with injuries over last few years than other contenders too. Excuses aside, the pressure is on. The time is now.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Adam Treloar votes Nathan Buckley.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. Simon Goodwin - finals or bust
2. Leon Cameron - the same
3. Nathan Buckley - really needs to make finals, otherwise I think he'd be gone if not a favourite son. Collingwood more patient with him than GWS or Melbourne with their own

Contracts will be broken I expect. Melbourne fans more pressure than GWS fans on their own side.

Scott, Hinkley, Bevo will have the extra years blessing.

PJays

Club Legend
Suspended
Nov 2, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
On a slight tangent here

Was 2020 the most experienced coaching group ever?

We had 7 premiership coaches. And several very experienced non-premiership coaches.

Seems like coaches aren't getting the chop as quickly as they were 10 or 15 years ago

I think Cameron and Goodwin have to make at least the finals, and arguably need to win one.

Buckley could be in trouble if Collingwood misses the finals but he's basically teflon there so I think he's fine.

This season gives Hinkley some blessing, whereas I don't see Beveridge going unless the Dogs really implode. Scott is probably safe unless something really strange happens.

Could Dew and Longmire be in danger if Gold Coast or Sydney really implodes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Leon Cameron should have been sacked 5 years ago. If GWS had a halfway decent coach they could have won a flag in that time period.

Buckley should be under pressure too, showing he has the people skills of an angry brown snake.

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
I actually feel Cameron will get a small reprieve this year, with the readily available "excuse" of player exodus / list turnover and a mini-rebuild

I voted for Goodwin - a third year of mediocrity could see him in big trouble.

Hinkley, Scott, Bevo and Dew I think are, absolute disaster aside, reasonably safe.

Nicks could be in trouble if he goes 0-13 again.

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think Cameron and Goodwin have to make at least the finals, and arguably need to win one.

Buckley could be in trouble if Collingwood misses the finals but he's basically teflon there so I think he's fine.

This season gives Hinkley some blessing, whereas I don't see Beveridge going unless the Dogs really implode. Scott is probably safe unless something really strange happens.

Could Dew and Longmire be in danger if Gold Coast or Sydney really implodes?
Both those clubs understand where they are with their lists, expect both to move up a bit this year, both coaches seem well respected.

Cameron and Goodwin have to do something this year, both had bad 2020's. Buckley coach for life as long as Eddie is there

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
On a slight tangent here

Was 2020 the most experienced coaching group ever?

We had 7 premiership coaches. And several very experienced non-premiership coaches.

Seems like coaches aren't getting the chop as quickly as they were 10 or 15 years ago

Certainly more appreciation for experience and even those who have failed before in the top job are getting weond chances.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Simon Goodwin is the name in the firing line.....

Crows have history sacking coaches if they don't make finals for 2 years in a row.

Back