Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was here two years and they paid the highest price in history. Two firsts, two seconds. Ridiculous for any player.

Yes he was at the club for 2 years, but are you suggesting that after drafting Kelly that we should have let him & his family just stay in WA instead without ever flying East - cause that's what tweet is implying with "not letting TK & his family return home for 2 years"

And Geelong was open to trading Kelly after his first year, but WCE seemed to think they could get him for under value based on the family situation - if they put up a suitable offer in 2018 then it's likely Kelly returns to WA

Yes he was at the club for 2 years, but are you suggesting that after drafting Kelly that we should have let him & his family just stay in WA instead without ever flying East - cause that's what tweet is implying with "not letting TK & his family return home for 2 years"

And Geelong was open to trading Kelly after his first year, but WCE seemed to think they could get him for under value based on the family situation - if they put up a suitable offer in 2018 then it's likely Kelly returns to WA
I wouldn't bother engaging, he is a confirmed alt account of a WCE supporter

Last edited:
He was here two years and they paid the highest price in history. Two firsts, two seconds. Ridiculous for any player.
Keys words.. they paid.. ...
How is the alias working out anyway?
Go Catters

Not agreeing with everything the club does means I’m a fraud. So much for having an opinion on a forum.
No but constantly posting about Geelong fans being sooks on the mainboard confirms it, so does the fact that you have another account on this forum lol

Virus

I’m pretty good looking
Oct 24, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong

I get what you mean now I was reading it wrong. Not to complain with as many high end picks as possible but still think two firsts would’ve been sufficient for any player not named Dusty, Fyfe or Danger.

No but constantly posting about Geelong fans being sooks on the mainboard confirms it, so does the fact that you have another account on this forum lol
7B1067F2-6034-404B-8CF5-B49F78B0EF62.jpeg

I was complaining about this group not big footy.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
I get what you mean now I was reading it wrong. Not to complain with as many high end picks as possible but still think two firsts would’ve been sufficient for any player not named Dusty, Fyfe or Danger.

View attachment 1004772
I was complaining about this group not big footy.
I will keep an eye out for you on there next time we play WCE. Should be pretty easy to spot the Pro Weagle fan ;)

As part of the welcome.. wanted to make sure you are familiar with this stuff too.

Just voids the "i wasn't aware" speech down the road.

Go Catters

As part of the welcome.. wanted to make sure you are familiar with this stuff too.

Just voids the "i wasn't aware" speech down the road.

Go Catters

This is such fun, isn't it?

Mannnnn, I thought it'd just be the 'opposition thread' that had comments in it, but no - Hawthorn have an ENTIRE thread dedicated to Isaac Smith leaving to Geelong. I present....

AN UPDATE FROM THE FAMILY CLUB
(a selection of quotes from pages 1-8 of the 18 page Hawthorn board "Isaac Goes to Geelong" thread)

This is where they find out he's going to Geelong*

*Except this Bay13 identity, who's a bit dim ^^^^

LOL, no it doesn't, mate.
18 pages? Someone needs to sing then a Disney song and let it go

Hawthorn fans are pissed that we're a good shot to pass them on the flag tally AND a chance to win another flag, leaving their dynasty officially in our shadow.

We're just happy to have witnessed our side win a 3rd flag in 4 years, the bitterness from both sides of the fence isn't there like it was in 2017. From your side it's recognition of being beaten by a great team (no shame in that) and from our side it's respect for Geelong to have continued to remain in premiership contention since 2011 while providing us a worthy rival that's tough to beat.
Even the 2017 bitterness I think was overstated. Scott made one observation in that Richmond, unlike most of the other recent dominant teams, tend not to put sides away from the first bounce as much as they did. Still won three flags. Not sure how it's a slight.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
So you are saying in years like 2013, 2016, 2019 and 2020 we shouldn't have done better? Hell even throw 2017 into that list.

yes. I think our finishing position matched roughly where our team was as a unit.

In 2013 we lost by five points in a prelim to a side that won the next three titles, without Corey Enright in our team - at that stage arguably our best player.
We lost - badly admittedly - in 2016 to the minor premiers. 2019 we missed a golden chance but again, we lost to a team who's won 3 out of 4 titles, and didn't have our most important player in the preliminary final.

You literally just watched a 3 time Norm Smith medalist put us to the sword in a half of football a fortnight ago. We missed the top 2. We lost our first final. At what point in any of those seasons did you ever look at our team, our list, our position, and think 'wow this is ours to lose.'

F*** me what a revisionist load of garbage.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Said this on the Sydney forum.

I really hope GWS keep pushing on Cameron.

Drives me up the wall how the media shill for the Victorian teams. Sam Edmund on radio this morning saying all Geelong have to do is offer better than pick 11 and GWS will have to accept. Jay Clark now reporting Geelong have made a 'strong and generous' offer of 15 and 20.

Cameron is worth a top 5 selection and probably another inside 20. There is nothing generous about Geelong's offer. If anything it is an insult that they haven't included their very first selection.

If I was GWS, I would have every intention of letting Cameron go through the draft unless Geelong substantially improve their offer.

Apparently the media shill for us? Even though they've been saying we should offer more.

Lmao, top 5 and 20, even though Sydney gave up nothing for Buddy.

Then losing Cameron for nothing is better than 2 FRP??

People are *en deluded.

Apparently the media shill for us? Even though they've been saying we should offer more.

Lmao, top 5 and 20, even though Sydney gave up nothing for Buddy.

Then losing Cameron for nothing is better than 2 FRP??

People are fu**en deluded.
I mean people on the SHiggins thread think we'll be paying a late first or future 2nd for him.. People just hate Geelong

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I have been banging the "Scott is not good enough to coach a Premiership team" since 2013, the teams we have put out have been good enough to win at least 2 since 2012, and we haven't due to either poor selections, poor tactics, etc. It isn't revisionist when the message has been consistent for about 8 years.

As said, good enough to win at least 2 of those years and didn't due to coaching incompetence.

And Richmond have been good enough to win 4. Hawthorn should have won in 2012. Collingwood should have won in 2011. COULD we have won a flag?

Yes. You could say that about any top four side though.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
I’d normally agree with you but the guy took us into a Grand Final this year and I’m still in absolute shock because of that. Next year is a premiership or bust and anything less should see Scotty out the door. 11 years is too long for a coach anyway and time for new ideas.
All that matters about ideas is whether they are good or bad.

It is never "time for new ideas" just because they are "new".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back