Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose they want to have a lot of versatilty. They can both get around that space and two of our best shots for goal.

In hindsight, we'd have been better off not getting McGovern, saving the cap space and just playing Kennedy and/or JSOS in his role.

I still have hope for McGovern as he did improve in the first half of this year and influenced games, but he's going to need a big 2021.

We really do overate our own. Are we going to rest him for all our home games at the Marvel stadium as his lack of pace will be exposed.
I would call it supporting and encouraging our own.
Picking faults is not of any use ever unless one is a list manager or coach entrusted with hard decisions about peoples futures.

didn
I like Kennedy and he has a lot of nice traits, but yeah his lack of speed was badly exposed on the dry decks this year.

And he consistently played low TOG...like 66-72% game time which is shockingly low and puts extra burden on our other mids.

Didn't see that at all.

He was moving well this year, not so 2019 with a slew of injuries....

That he is slow is an urban myth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Cornes thinks we're doing it wrong.
[/QUOTE]
That glass full empty always fool...

In hindsight, we'd have been better off not getting McGovern, saving the cap space and just playing Kennedy and/or JSOS in his role.

I still have hope for McGovern as he did improve in the first half of this year and influenced games, but he's going to need a big 2021.
What McGovern does very well when at his best is hit the ball flat out , mark and wheel and go with excellent kicking quicker than nearly any other third tall forward. Granted it hasn't happened as we would like it to, but give him quicker delivery coming in (Saad & Williams) and Charlie and Harry as his options and he could literally catch fire.

We’re holding firm on our offer for Saad,Essendon need our pick to manufacture other deals.Fogarty is the only other player we are chasing at this stage.

I think that's smart and Saad/Williams/Fogarty would be a very good off-season.

I actually like the idea that instead of chasing a 3rd big target right now, we save the cap space, see how we go next year and what gaps are still missing, then go for a big name player(s) next trade period to fill them.

Between now and then we get to see what impact Williams has on our midfield, whether Setterfield continues to excel or stagnates, whether kids like Dow/LOB will break into our best 22, whether Fisher is a realistic long-term small forward and Betts/Murphy will likely retire and maybe even Casboult.

We'll be able to better assess our list needs and have the cap space and trade assets to get it done.

Last edited:
What McGovern does very well when at his best is hit the ball flat out , mark and wheel and go with excellent kicking quicker than nearly any other third tall forward. Granted it hasn't happened as we would like it to, but give him quicker delivery coming in (Saad & Williams) and Charlie and Harry as his options and he could literally catch fire.

Not sure about literally but I agree with you ;) I have optimism that he could be a really valuable player next year.

Hello Barass, thank you for the tidbit!
At this stage.... 🤔
im guessing other targets potentially chased only if they accept what we’ve put on the table for Saad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back