News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Hmmm, is it just me or does it sound like the AFL has reeeeeeeaalllllly screwed us on Crouch?

Assuming what Fox and MRB37 / Volbeat is saying is true:
- Tried to trade Brad to GC for pick 11-ish last year - AFL said no
- Tried to trade for Dunstan so Saints could offer Crouch more money - AFL said no
- Tried to trade 23 and a much later pick for more worthy compensation - AFL said no

Back door deals happen in other leagues with free agency systems all the time. I can kind of understand why the AFL doesn't want it, but I feel like it's kind of delaying the inevitable, and we've ended up being royally screwed over by the AFL doing so

This might come across as salty, but I'm not sure why the AFL has been so hard on making sure we can actually get fair compensation for our 2019 B&F
Nah any Tom, Dick or Harry that’s been on here for years could have said that as well.

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hmmm, is it just me or does it sound like the AFL has reeeeeeeaalllllly screwed us on Crouch?

- Tried to trade for Dunstan so Saints could offer Crouch more money - AFL said no
- Tried to trade 23 and a much later pick for more worthy compensation - AFL said no

Back door deals happen in other leagues with free agency systems all the time. I can kind of understand why the AFL doesn't want it, but I feel like it's kind of delaying the inevitable, and we've ended up being royally screwed over by the AFL doing so

This might come across as salty, but I'm not sure why the AFL has been so hard on making sure we can actually get fair compensation for our 2019 B&F
It sounds like stories being spread that the ASB will lap up to drive the 'the club is not incompetent, the AFL are just big meanies' narrative.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Blight hinted at this also, mentioned training standards, fitness and drugs

Blight didn’t hint at anything - he is vehemently anti drug, and that was the entire basis of him being happy to move Brad on; he said as such

Frankly, I can't remember a time Brad was a matchwinner. Elite midfielders (footballers) don't half arse their rehab.

Debut season he was an absolute gun.

Went alright in 2018, considering how s**t we were.

It was reply to post that his public messaging was largely that he was happy to stay - until he wasn't. That to me was about when he was interviewed last week and made a comment that he committed to move to St Kilda, and hoping that Adelaide didn't match the FA bid

He probably spent a day or two with the Saints and it made him realize what an absolute cluster* the AFC is, and what an even marginally competent footy club looks like.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide

Wouldn’t surprise me - but if it’s true, why the * didn’t we cause a massive issue over it?

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
If it is true, Crouch's management should be asking for a please explain from AFL House.

That trade block affected his client's ability to increase his salary.

AFLPA should be all over it too.

Why is it against the rules to trade a player out to save salary?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
If it is true, Crouch's management should be asking for a please explain from AFL House.

That trade block affected his client's ability to increase his salary.

AFLPA should be all over it too.

Why is it against the rules to trade a player out to save salary?

Do you really think it actually happened?

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Blight didn’t hint at anything - he is vehemently anti drug, and that was the entire basis of him being happy to move Brad on; he said as such

Debut season he was an absolute gun.

Went alright in 2018, considering how sh*t we were.

He probably spent a day or two with the Saints and it made him realize what an absolute clusterfu** the AFC is, and what an even marginally competent footy club looks like.
The head of the snake changed in the last year and shopping around didn’t look too great.
Lets get rid of the love it here bullshit as well. So the stance was from the club wrong and the player wrong.
Even if he saw turn around in the last 10 months or so the shopping was the key for a trade out.
The cluster* was the Clubs handling of it for sure. They still didn’t need a bump in the final straight from what I’d probably envisaged as an entitled selfish campaigner.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
From the producers of the Bryce Gibbs deal, the Josh Jenkins, Taylor Walker, Rory Sloane and Eddie Betts contracts, I bring you, the Brad Crouch free agency fiasco.

Justin Reid is killing us. I'm thinking he's actually a Port supporter.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
From the producers of the Bryce Gibbs deal, the Josh Jenkins, Taylor Walker, Rory Sloane and Eddie Betts contracts, I bring you, the Brad Crouch free agency fiasco.

Justin Reid is killing us. I'm thinking he's actually a Port supporter.
No, not at all, he’s an ex player agent with the job title of Head of list management and strategy, but he is ruled over by a committee that veto his plans.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
No, not at all, he’s an ex player agent with the job title of Head of list management and strategy, but he is ruled over by a committee that veto his plans.

Stop excusing incompetence due to deliberately vague and undefined chains of command.

His job and his role is list manager - our list management if a ******* disgrace.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Stop excusing incompetence due to deliberately vague and undefined chains of command.

His job and his role is list manager - our list management if a ******* disgrace.
oh get out lover. I was being sarcastic in a bemused stance to 1970’s backing up of this hack.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wouldn’t surprise me - but if it’s true, why the fu** didn’t we cause a massive issue over it?
Because it isn’t. It’s inside a popular narrative to create more waves of melt. Surely.

JennyTalia

All Australian
Mar 24, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Maybe I've drunk the KoolAid but I can definitely believe the AFL stepped in to prevent a Dunstan salary dump. I'm normally a skeptic but it tastes just like the story SOS was telling where he'd figured out some mega trade loop hole to draft Jaeger O'Meara but the AFL wouldn't allow it.
I reckon we got stitched up.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Explain please. What differemt would F/A make?
There is now player movement without trades.

Without FA we may not have telegraphed wanting him gone as much.

When you know you have to negotiate a trade, you want your player to be more desirable.

Not just metaphorically cast adrift expecting pick 2 to fall in your lap.

Last year with Keath, Greenwood and Jacobs we at least had token contracts for them. Indicating we are happy to keep them if no trade done.

Brad Crouch had nothing. We eroded his trade value and any leverage in forcing a trade.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Maybe I've drunk the KoolAid but I can definitely believe the AFL stepped in to prevent a Dunstan salary dump. I'm normally a skeptic but it tastes just like the story SOS was telling where he'd figured out some mega trade loop hole to draft Jaeger O'Meara but the AFL wouldn't allow it.
So they thinking what stitch did we try to weave in 2012. They remember and we are still getting jammed big time for it. Don’t * with the vfl.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide

If that's the case, what benefit is there from us not publicly stating it?

We look like absolute morons at present, surely anything to explain the complete mess we made of this, would be beneficial.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

We look like absolute morons at present, surely anything to explain the complete mess we made of this, would be beneficial.
Because our liscense. Gonna wait 8 yrs till it become a true owned club.

JennyTalia

All Australian
Mar 24, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Absolutely. We'd never have the balls to speak out though. We're Kif and the VFL are Zapp Brannigan.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Absolutely. We'd never have the balls to speak out though. We're Kif and the VFL are Zapp Brannigan.
Cool reference. Cos we can’t though. It’s like biting off your tail. We are the ghecko of the AFL. Just grows back for more whooping down the line.

Back