Traded Peter Wright [Traded to Essendon for 2021 R4 pick]

Who won this trade?

• Gold Coast

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Essendon

Votes: 20 90.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If Essendon are to get him it will have to be cheap with GC paying some of his contract.

He's another McKernan imo
The whole point of it is that we're able to take on the salary dump. There wouldn't be much point in dumping his salary only to pay part of it.

He's also a 24 years old with more goals in fewer games than McKernan, and has three seasons significantly better than McKernan's best year as a 30 year old.

The whole point of it is that we're able to take on the salary dump. There wouldn't be much point in dumping his salary only to pay part of it.

He's also a 24 years old with more goals in fewer games than McKernan, and has three seasons significantly better than McKernan's best year as a 30 year old.
Nah i think he will go to western bulldog and rotate with English . Bulldog first round pick for Wright and 2 GC second Rd - 1 tied to Brisbane . Instead of looking at Majak or Martin that are old and short term .
Also get more point for their academy player.

Last edited:
Nah i think he will go to western bulldog and rotate with English . Bulldog first round pick for Wright and 2 GC second Rd - 1 tied to Brisbane . Instead of looking at Majak or Martin that are old and short term .
Also get more point for their academy player.
Bulldogs don't seem to be interested.

The guy doesn’t want to ruck. Of little use to us.
Are you sure he don't want to ruck . He just don't want to be full time ruck . Is pretty handy English played 65 %ruck and Wright 35 %ruck than having Martin and Majak , can still rotate each other in forward line .and provide 2m target forward line .

Last edited:
Are you sure he don't want to ruck . He just don't want to be full time ruck . Is pretty handy English played 65 %ruck and Wright 35 %ruck than having Martin and Majak , can still rotate each other in forward line .and provide 2m target forward line .
I see English doing that role. Personally I think we need a number 1 ruck.

The bloke's IQ must track his goal kicking.
When you are being that ordinary on the paddock and on the outer...why the hell would you tell the world you dont want to ruck ?
...and there goes your value out the window, as well as shoving a big black one sideways up your club.
Who the hell has been giving him advice ?

Might look like a good deal for Essendon on paper, but I the Suns should be happy to get him off the list and clear up cap space.

I do not believe he will ever be a sure fire reliable KPF, he might pinch hint in the ruck for Essendon i dare say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might look like a good deal for Essendon on paper, but I the Suns should be happy to get him off the list and clear up cap space.

I do not believe he will ever be a sure fire reliable KPF, he might pinch hint in the ruck for Essendon i dare say

If he can at least give us what McKernan did without giving away the stupid free's, we're already ahead.

How can it be a good deal for the suns? They extended his contract this year, have now traded him for negative value seeing as he’s a 4th rounder is and are paying part of his salary.

Obviously Essendon may end up also gaining nothing from the deal but there is no way this isn’t * up from GC

How can it be a good deal for the suns? They extended his contract this year, have now traded him for negative value seeing as he’s a 4th rounder is and are paying part of his salary.

Obviously Essendon may end up also gaining nothing from the deal but there is no way this isn’t fu** up from GC
Cap space.
Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, King, Luko, Rankine, Ballard, Bowes (im sure im missing a few breakout guns) - should all be easier to re-sign up from here.
Or pick 5 is earmarked for someone.

Cap space.
Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, King, Luko, Rankine, Ballard, Bowes (im sure im missing a few breakout guns) - should all be easier to re-sign up from here.
Or pick 5 is earmarked for someone.
Yeah, no doubt SUNS put a line through Wright this year and are building cap space to re-sign breakout guns (how could you forget Ainsworth and Powell :) ) and/or chase an elite player next year.

Good luck to Peter. He is a great person and got a beautiful kick. Peter did not pass Dew's test due to his lack of aggresion and pressure. He can run all day but is slow and sometimes appears disinterested and lazy while lacking confidence.

Will accept the pick but surely we’re not paying any of his salary.

Has tools but Dew was probably telling him to get aggressive for 3 years and saw zero response. The salary space and list spot will be useful.

can draw a free kickand good set shot so will probably kick 30-40 goals this year. Does that outweigh the negatives of getting regularly out marked and providing no forward pressure.. unsure.

Will accept the pick but surely we’re not paying any of his salary.

Has tools but Dew was probably telling him to get aggressive for 3 years and saw zero response. The salary space and list spot will be useful.

can draw a free kickand good set shot so will probably kick 30-40 goals this year. Does that outweigh the negatives of getting regularly out marked and providing no forward pressure.. unsure.

Very unlikely

Back