List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

I need to see how they're going to structure first mate.

Lots of sides are only going with one true KPF & a swingman these days.
I think Larkey needs another KPF to assist. We need to structure around this set up. Larkey has a high ceiling but also a maturing body. I still reckon we make a play for Tom McDonald.

Once the midfield gets fixed Larkey will be doing that. It could be as soon as next year. He's a ~35 goal a year player already in a very inefficient team.

A lot of folks aren't seeing the value in what we already have under our noses. Nick is already banging through 0.5 more goals a game than Petrie at the same age.
Larkey is potentially a 35 goal a year forward, but he isn't one already. Whereas Brown is a proven 60 goal a year forward. And Petrie was a seven year AFL player who'd made the All-Australian squad as a ruckman/utility before he began playing key forward full time, so it isn't a great comparison. Perhaps Kent Kingsley or Aaron Black would be closer to the mark?
I really hope Larkey develops into a topline forward capable of holding together the forward line, but he ain't there yet. The irony is in your second paragraph. "A lot of folks aren't seeing the value in what we have under our noses." But it applies to Brown more so than Larkey.

1604965193383.png

Lewis Young.

FMD.

"Journalism"

Only the f’ed up AFL would allow trade week to occur before teams even know the list size for 2020.

Pay me 1/4 of the CEO's salary and I will sort it out quick smart.

It's farcical, isn't it.

Yet somehow most of the football media haven't yet worked out what a farce it is. Go figure.

I suppose it's because they need to keep running with the big stories like "Battling* North won't appoint unqualified candidate due to gender."

* or cash-strapped , or basket-case, or cancerous, or failed, or easy target, or ...

The Gold Coast SUNS have traded Peter Wright to Essendon for its Future R4 Selection.
View attachment 1007657

Lewis Young.

FMD.

"Journalism"

For anyone heavily into soccer, basketball etc does this s**t fly in other sports coverage?

It's frequent enough to be regular in AFL coverage. Amateur hour.

View attachment 1007657

Lewis Young.

FMD.

"Journalism"
Just out of interest, what is his name?

I was dead against trading pick 2, but the more I think about it the more I can see it could benefit us. As long as we don't trade back too far and it is an overwhelmingly good deal for us. But do it live on draft night after we know who Adelaide has selected.

The Suns pick 5 would be as far back as I'd go, noting there seems a fairly clear top 7 this year, but two of them are academy prospects. And it would have to include their 2021 1st pick too. Something like our pick 2 & 2021 2nd to Gold Coast for picks 5, 27, 37 & 2021 1st would be a good deal. Obviously hard to say, but at pick 7 I reckon we would end up with one of DGB, Phillips or Hollands, and any one of them would be great.

* and their picks 6+ can bugger off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1007657

Lewis Young.

FMD.

"Journalism"

Poor bloke hasn’t even got to North yet and they are already ****ing his name up. He’ll be called about a dozen different names during his time with us can guarantee that.

I was dead against trading pick 2, but the more I think about it the more I can see it could benefit us. As long as we don't trade back too far and it is an overwhelmingly good deal for us. But do it live on draft night after we know who Adelaide has selected.

The Suns pick 5 would be as far back as I'd go, noting there seems a fairly clear top 7 this year, but two of them are academy prospects. And it would have to include their 2021 1st pick too. Something like our pick 2 & 2021 2nd to Gold Coast for picks 5, 27, 37 & 2021 1st would be a good deal. Obviously hard to say, but at pick 7 I reckon we would end up with one of DGB, Phillips or Hollands, and any one of them would be great.

I like this, especially if the kid we really want will still be there at pick 5, it gives us a lot of flexibility in both this year and next years draft.

I think Larkey needs another KPF to assist. We need to structure around this set up. Larkey has a high ceiling but also a maturing body. I still reckon we make a play for Tom McDonald.

I agree with wanting another.... maybe not so much TMac, that's why I was pushing mio but he signed on didn't he? Also is Mcstay keen to come home now with Daniher up there I wonder

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who is your clear 7? McDonald, JUH, Campbell, DGB, Hollands, Phillips and ????

You can't write comedy this funny. Logged onto Trade Radio to see if there is anything happening. Their first caller is some bloke from Colac who appeared to be ignoring his screaming infant son to speak to Julian de Stoop and Brendon Goddard. When questioned about the absolutely beside-himself child in the background, the bloke said "yeah it's me son, he's cracked the shits" and kept asking about Geelong and Jeremy Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

Back