AFL Player #20: Peter "Litre" Wright 🏅 - pleads guilty at tribunal, 4 week suspension - 26/3

20 - peter wright.jpg

Contract Status: Free Agent (?) 2027
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 21, TheGrizz

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 29, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Bombers, SA Spurs, Browns and Eels
True story, I was at Melbourne airport and I saw him and Michael Rischitelli in the virgin lounge, I stopped them and asked for a picture with them, then as Riskitelli went over to the buffet I kept talking to Peter. I jokingly said that I'd love to see him in Bomber colours and he chuckled and said "you never know".

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
True story, I was at Melbourne airport and I saw him and Michael Rischitelli in the virgin lounge, I stopped them and asked for a picture with them, then as Riskitelli went over to the buffet I kept talking to Peter. I jokingly said that I'd love to see him in Bomber colours and he chuckled and said "you never know".
How long ago was that?

Two-metre Peter
Two-hundred and three centimetre Peter
Two-thousand and thirty millimetre Peter
Typo on some article the other day, they called him "two minute Peter".

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Has shown a bit at times but been largely poor. Shuffled back behind Day and King at the Suns.

Can’t say I’ve seen a lot of him but the consensus seems to be he has the size, some skills and some athleticism, but lacks competitiveness and mongrel. His chief role for us will be to compete and bring the ball to ground, so we’ll have to fix that. Somebody lock him in a cage until March and start poking him with a stick.
From what I've ever seen of him he hasn't been that impressive and seeing he wasn't played at all this year I thought his time was up.
I guess we'll see.

Happy to get him for nothing ultimately.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
From what I've ever seen of him he hasn't been that impressive and seeing he wasn't played at all this year I thought his time was up.
I guess we'll see.

Getting him for nothing is the key. Our KPF stocks were shallow anyway and having lost Joe and Smack left us very exposed. He won't be a world beater but at least allows us to have a structure with a big body inside 50.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I guess we'll see.

He's averaged 5 marks and a goal a game in pretty poor sides so it's not totally hopeless. For us he really just has to compete and bring the ball the ground - do the grunt work in the F50. Kinda like Mason Cox. He's a trade-in on McKernan. If he becomes more than that, awesome.

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
look i'll be honest, i haven't seen that much of him but wasn't super impressed with the games i did see him play.

however, we got him at a ridiculously good cost, he fills an immediate need and is in the right age bracket. plus he does have a lot of upside if he comes good.

happy with the selection. welcome Peter

In theory our delivery into the fwd line where we kick it high on top of our forwards heads should suit 2MP.
I can just see it now......all of our fwd entries will now involve kicking at players ankles.
Anyhow if he gives away less frees in the ruck he is better then smack.

Back