XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Next gen is here so with that comes a shiny new launch thread.

Here is our previous/build up thread if anyone wants to reference any posts or anything

For those who got their consoles a day early just remember that there are launch day patches incomming that may address any issues.

I know lots of people are getting new TVs and stuff. If you've done anything cool to your gaming cave or just want to show off then feel free to do so

Anyone lashing out and buying the SSD?

I did but ordered it few days after the console so it wont be here tommorrow with the Series X

Also ordered the USB C controller battery charge kit from Ebgames but they said it wont be here until december so cancelled it and grabbed one of the PDP slim magnetic charge kits from Amazon

Someone review the controller
I need a newie for my one and pc... the s/x controller is backwards compatible so I may splurge on that instead.

The D-pad is awesome and the whole controller feels like an improvement over the standard XB1 controller. The extra textured grip is definitely an improvement. I'll stick with my Elite's but it's a nice controller.

My console is arriving today, bloody pumped!!
I've got this week off work because we got a new puppy so it's worked out well. XSX today, got some gardening to do tomorrow, PS5 on Thursday, and then 3 days of straight gaming!

I've got this week off work because we got a new puppy so it's worked out well. XSX today, got some gardening to do tomorrow, PS5 on Thursday, and then 3 days of straight gaming!

Have fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The weather is suddenly looking bad for Gardening tomorrow, unfortunate.

Picked it up this morning. Now I'm just downloading games so won't be able to test it out for a couple of hours.

Same here.

Missed out on the PS5 physical for launch, but picked it up this morning also. Looking to max the hard drive quickly with pre-existing backlog and new Gamepass additions.

Have mine, want boring pictures guys?

Setup and ready to go, now to get Game Pass and grab what I wanna play.

Setting mine up at work currently. The box is a lot smaller than I thought it would be (how small is the series s then?) but a lot heavier than I expected.

Also to anyone who missed it, this deal is incredible.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.ozbargain.com.au/node/560256/amp

Basically, you don't HAVE to do the whole Brazilian VPN/Gold thing. You can just buy regular gold (I went with JB for 3x12 months @ $79.95) and then you convert that 36 months for $1 to Ultimate.

So I'm saving over $300 on Ultimate for the next 3 years.

If anyone here is getting a console later, I'd definitely be looking for Gold sales to stock up (the deal is ONLY up to 36 months though, so keep that in mind).

Basically means I have spent $240 for the next 3 years of Series X gaming, as I won't be buying a Series X specific game.

Guess I'll stock up on some Live Gold cards for when my Ultimate expires in Feb.

Watching some videos of back compatibility games running on the Series X, Titanfall 2 with auto HDR is almost next gen.

Now that the console is out I can resume Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Forza Horizon 4 and finally start Gears 5, plenty to play right off the bat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back