Is Port's Prelim choke the biggest choke in modern football?

Remove this Banner Ad

WillemDaDrew

Premium Gold
Feb 24, 2019
Coast Of Gold
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When you say the Media loving them all year...that didn’t include the ones that rightfully gave these pretenders no credence. And there were a lot of them.

Massive Choke...

purp.png

Top of the ladder all year.
Media loving them all year.
Home prelim, with the chance of a non-MCG grand final.
MASSIVE CHOKE.

I think it's obvious the answer is a resounding yes - it was the biggest choke in modern football.

I look forward to friendly discussion about this.

Sorry but the honor of biggest choke in modern football is a team that was leading by 22 points in the grand final, only for them to get rolled by 30

Congratulations Geelong :)

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
31 glorious points

You'll never see a better 53 point turn around!!!!
It might sound funny but I knew Richmond would win immediately after the half time siren went off. The camera panned some of the players, Nankervis and a couple of other Richmond players were smiling. Then I looked at small groups of Geelong players and they looked rattled

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
It might sound funny but I knew Richmond would win immediately after the half time siren went off. The camera panned some of the players, Nankervis and a couple of other Richmond players were smiling. Then I looked at small groups of Geelong players and they looked rattled
Seems much like their supporters, the Cats only stick around for half a game, a carbon copy of the 2019 prelim.

Top of the ladder all year.
Media loving them all year.
Home prelim, with the chance of a non-MCG grand final.
MASSIVE CHOKE.

I think it's obvious the answer is a resounding yes - it was the biggest choke in modern football.

I look forward to friendly discussion about this.
Port Adelaide are no stranger to choking in finals. Minor premiers in 02 and 03, choked in prelims both years before they finally got it right in 04. Then they were witches hats in 07 Grand Final. Can't forget the early 2000s :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mundusa

Club Legend
Mar 2, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Has the definition of choking changed recently?
Losing to the eventual premiers by one goal in a close game is the opposite of choking.

Bernie I can only imagine what was running through your head when the ball was still in the air...

"Here we go, I thought we had one stitched up inn 2017 and now Ports gonna win a flag and we have the spoon. *, I'll never post on Large Sherrin again.

* the crows suck."

:rainbow:

Back