Shield Sheffield Shield Round 4: Victoria vs Western Australia, Karen Rolton Oval, 8-11/11/2020 @ 11:30 AM AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely CV has learnt never to waste time picking up WA bowlers, they've never been any good
I think it was more that a Premier Club picked him up

Doesn't mean Victoria has to pick him!
I mean, who else do we have available? Evans is a tad too raw, Perry had a promising debut but hasn't bowled well here, Pattinson is in the IPL. Crone is untried but our attack is pretty inexperienced anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Victoria did bat on too you know...
Victoria scired 93 runs in 19 overs after the 100 over mark at nearly 5 an over and then declared. WA were 130-odd runs behind after they reached the 100 over mark and have made 100 off 25 overs at 4 an over. Apples and oranges.

Victoria scired 93 runs in 19 overs after the 100 over mark at nearly 5 an over and then declared. WA were 130-odd runs behind after they reached the 100 over mark and have made 100 off 25 overs at 4 an over. Apples and oranges.

Doesn’t mean they didn’t bat on- not as if WA have been slow anyway.

Doesn’t mean they didn’t bat on- not as if WA have been slow anyway.
I mean when Short went out it was pretty clear that they needed to declare. Only way there was going to be a result. We might as well bat today and most of tomorrow out now.

I mean when Short went out it was pretty clear that they needed to declare. Only way there was going to be a result. We might as well bat today and most of tomorrow out now.

I’m almost happy they are doing this- the curators need to take a look at themselves. Roads are not good pitches.

Vics should absolutely bat the game out, we shouldn't have to be having the conversation about sporting declarations from both teams to generate a result though. Need to go to 5 day matches and/or even up the state of the wickets to give teams more chance to bowl each other out.

Edit: Plus having all Australian cricket constantly played on roads means that when we go overseas anywhere where the pitch does anything off the surface that the batsmen have no clue how to play it as the bad habits they get away with on these roads get exposed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back