Shield Sheffield Shield Round 4: Tasmania vs New South Wales, Gladys Elphick Park, 8-11/11/2020 @ 11 AM AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

As you walk off, you look at your bat and think, "Why did I bring this out with me?" :)
We won the game in the end so alls well that ends well. He bought me a beer afterwards too, so that helped

Yep. In mine I was being the sacrificial lamb when we got stuck at the same end.
I'm 99% sure that when it happened to me I was run out at the non-striker's end off a deflection from the bowler's hand.

I'm a bit hazy these days, so there is still 1% doubt. :)

Abbott's a handy player, always seems to contribute something with the bat and ball.
He has 14 wickets @ 14 and 230 runs @ 115 this season.

Since 18/19 in the Shield he has 65 wickets @ 22 and 690 runs @ 41.

This board has been calling him a spud for years (which he was for a fair while tbf) but he has turned into a very very good player.

He has 14 wickets @ 14 and 230 runs @ 115 this season.

Since 18/19 in the Shield he has 65 wickets @ 22 and 690 runs @ 41.

This board has been calling him a spud for years (which he was for a fair while tbf) but he has turned into a very very good player.

Gee, I never thought of him as anything other than a good cricketer, but he seems to have taken all aspects of his game up a level this season. Let's hope he continues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone checked on Mark Waugh, he'd have Randy.gif all over the place after that performance by Abbott.

As a serious note, there's every chance that his start to the season will have him leapfrog Neser into the second backup fast bowling slot behind Pattinson.

Has anyone checked on Mark Waugh, he'd have Randy.gif all over the place after that performance by Abbott.

As a serious note, there's every chance that his start to the season will have him leapfrog Neser into the second backup fast bowling slot behind Pattinson.
Surely not? Neser has 4 years of excellent cricket behind him.

Surely not? Neser has 4 years of excellent cricket behind him.

I would pick Neser, I think he deserves it. I get the impression that the selectors really like Abbott though, they've always liked to get him around the one-day squads when they could.

I would pick Neser, I think he deserves it. I get the impression that the selectors really like Abbott though, they've always liked to get him around the one-day squads when they could.
Both plus Pattinson should be the Australia A attack, unless they want to give Hazlewood a run

I think the issue was that the extra half hour of play was not long from starting, and if you declare in that time, the day ends, so they was a bit of time pressure. 5 overs of Starc trying to get to his ton might have ended up costing them 10 overs with the ball. but clearly the message didn't get out to starc

in terms of the target, with the attack nsw have got, you back them to defend 350 and if Tassie get them, good on em. I think you're more worried about them stonewalling to a draw.

Abbott has been going balistic for 12 months.

I agree, he would definitely be breathing down Nesers neck.

Particularly given his contributions with the bat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back