austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Selwood - Gets alot of free kicks, which is important for field position in the modern game.

Mcintosh - Need more road runners that get plucked from obscurity.

Flyin' Ryan - We Need a guy to sit on Cox's head so he'll never be out manouvered ever again.

Jake Stringer- We need a guy who is similar to De Goey so they can outdo each other.

Rugby league reject- We need a tackling machine that will monster Dust Martin rendering him useless.
Why wouldn't you just get Dustin Martin?

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Rankine
Flyin' Ryan
Harris Andrews
Rowell
Nik Nat

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very surprised Short has a couple of nominations. Good player and now a B&F winner but there's a few HBFs I'd pick ahead of him.

1. Neale
2. Ben King
3. Grundy
4. Bont
5. Yeo

Martin was better than Houli in ‘17. 29 touches and 2.2, 22 contested possessions and 6 clearances, was hugely influential in the middle of the ground. Houli was very good but 25 outside touches off a flank v 29 D. Martin touches??? It’s not a contest. 4/5 judges gave him 3 votes.

How many of those touches and goals in 2017 were in the final quarter after the game was won ?

Houli was brilliant all day. And his drives on the half back stopped a number of goals and led to a number of goals.

getthefooty

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
How many of those touches and goals in 2017 were in the final quarter after the game was won ?

Houli was brilliant all day. And his drives on the half back stopped a number of goals and led to a number of goals.

Unbelievably, I can't find a quarter by quarter breakdown of stats for games anywhere.

Dusty was huge all game though. If anything from memory he was better early than late. Best I could find was fanfooty that said he earned about a quarter of his overall DT points in the last, so at minimum he was about as good in the last as he was for the first three.

Not denying Houli was very good. I don't recall him "stopping a number of goals" though. His value has always been with his dash off half back.

MCG-Unit

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2003
Gore
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Geelong West, Townsville
Of the younger group - for the Saints

Ben King
Rowell
Caleb Serong
Walsh
Noah Anderson

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Unbelievably, I can't find a quarter by quarter breakdown of stats for games anywhere.

Dusty was huge all game though. If anything from memory he was better early than late. Best I could find was fanfooty that said he earned about a quarter of his overall DT points in the last, so at minimum he was about as good in the last as he was for the first three.

Not denying Houli was very good. I don't recall him "stopping a number of goals" though. His value has always been with his dash off half back.

He had a great game. I dont think anyone can deny that. But so did Houli. And Houli's best work was when the game was close. Dusty had a late rush in the 4th after it was won, which I suspect was fresh in the mind of the judges.

He did similar in 2020, but for the 1st 3 quarters he was very good and late in the 2nd he really changed the momentum which led to the turnaround.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For North right now?

Izak Rankine
Jack Lukosius
Ben King
Matt Rowell
Noah Anderson

Back